Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Flip Key Transformation

citam

Hi,

I changed my regular key to flip key like you can see on pictures

01.jpg 02.jpg 03.jpg

04.jpg 05.jpg 06.jpg

It seems that the transmitter is too far from key cilinder and signal is not strong enougt to start the car. Is ther any solution to strenghten the signal?

I can't answer your question but hope you get an answer.

Any info on where you got your fob from as it looks like a nice mod, if you get it working

Not sure but worth a suggestion, have you taken the transponder chip out of the old key fob and put it in the new one, they are usually separate from the actual buttons.

You probably have but I thought it best to check the obvious lol

Thanks for the link

Transponder chip is integrated with buttons. When I take transponder out of the flip key and hold it closer to the cylinder the car starts.

Transponder chip is integrated with buttons. When I take transponder out of the flip key and hold it closer to the cylinder the car starts.

The only way to get the flip key to work is to remove the chip from the module and install it in the compartment as shown:

03.jpg

Neat looking mod - I might have a go - as I hate getting stabbed in the leg by my key!

Does the plastic unit with the chip disassemble easily or do you need to hack it with a stanley knife?

Thanks for your concern about this, This is a big hlep for us. I really appreciate this post, I got the same problem.

• 2 months later...

Hi, I am considering doing this, although removing the chip from the remote unit seems daunting. Does anyone know if this would have to be done on the following flip key conversion as you will see the remote buttons are the other way round...

thanks,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/180718655451?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links