Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Head Unit ?/

luckyluke

David, have sent you an email regarding the fillers as Luckyluke says it's okay for me to have them.

LL I will take some pictures when I remove the old unit and fit the new one, may also do a bit of a write up. Found the Pioneer on eBay and paid £280 for it, some of them were going for stupid money and I had set myself a budget of £300 to include the head and all relevant accessories.

Will post up pics once it's fitted.

I am not sure where I put the GPS Receiver thinking about it.

next to the radio antenna :)

gps-antenna.jpg

I got mine on eBay actually just a few weeks old at about £200 off :D

Guy was only about 30 miles away. Had bought it then changed his mind and bought a Pioneer with bigger screen and Hard Drive!

I am not sure where I put the GPS Receiver thinking about it.

It was either just effectively wedged to the left of the radio and under the dash top,OR it was routed up the A-Pillar behind the trim and mounted between the head-lining and the roof (reason can't recall 100% is I fitted the Kenwood in the RAV4 one way and a Honda SAT-NAV in my HR-V the other (I *think* the RAV was the one under the dash).

I remember both were very simple routing and what I liked was neither receiver needed to be visible at all which made it very neat in appearance and of course, easy to wire as didn't have to bring out the wires in view

I've got a pioneer unit In mine and have just bought the lead to connect iPhone to it

Where would you say would be the best place to run cable from? And where would I be able to get a decent bracket for the phone from? I was thinking of running the lead into the arm rest and maybe the phone too. I believe once I've connected the lead I will be able to control phone and music from the unit it self. Would you think that's a good idea or just get a bracket? Hope you don't mind me asking just lIke to see what other owners have done to their units

ATB

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links