Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Did I Just Imagine It?

Scorpion-gb

I'm almost 100% sure that when I bought the Rav it had a XT-R silver Badge on the tailgate, now it just has XT!

Did I imagine the -R or has some thieving so and so done a runner with it? (Then again those slappy brush thingies in the car wash may have been responsible!) :disgust:

someone nicked it! You will see one one eBay (not yours I hope!) for a couple of quid :)

Why the hell would they just nick the '-R' bit? LOL.

Cheapest I can see on eBay at the moment Dave is £11.95!!!!!!!! :eek:

I would guess they wanted to nick the whole thing and it broke at the "-" being a weak point.

I have a feeling I have a new RAV4.2 "XT-R" Badge actually. I'll let you know and if so, yours for postage cost :)

EDIT: Had a look and cannot find Badge to check, but I did find instructions to fit the smoked rear spoiler (was it you who was wondering about how that fits on another post, Jim?)

It was indeed, mate. Thanks for having a look for the Badge, if you do come across it please let me know, I'm not going to rush out and spend £11.95 at the moment!

Hopefully fitting instructions will come with the new spoiler, if not I may need your help again, Dave.

Cheers.

True story here.. A Mate and Me were at a competition in Digbeth Birmingham.. After the compo We walked back to His car a Cortina.. ( Thats showing Our age !) To find some !Removed! lay under the front of the car removing His Cibbies !! ( The must have accessories at the time Cibbies are those big spotlights with white covers ) Graham says in a concerned voice "Need a hand Mate ? " Matey says Errr No ta I'm all right... Graham says Ah good have a foot instead then and booted Matey boy hard in the ribs ............

Hee, hee, nice cheap alternative, eh? :thumbsup:

(How the hell do you delete a double post?) :blush:

no probs.

BTW, Halfords sell Sticky chrome letters - £1 each I think. Could go for a different font "X", "T" and "R" for £3? :D

Hee, hee, nice cheap alternative, eh? :thumbsup:

I'm almost 100% sure that when I bought the Rav it had a XT-R silver badge on the tailgate, now it just has XT!

Did I imagine the -R or has some thieving so and so done a runner with it? (Then again those slappy brush thingies in the car wash may have been responsible!) :disgust:

JAMESY JAMESY JAMESY !!!!!

Please tell me thou art NOT taking that lovely Rav through drive through car washes....????? Smack !!!!!

Big Kev

I'm almost 100% sure that when I bought the Rav it had a XT-R silver badge on the tailgate, now it just has XT!

Please tell me thou art NOT taking that lovely Rav through drive through car washes....????? Smack !!!!!

Big Kev

Ha! Just the once mate, normally hose down with clean water, then proper car wash shampoo in warm water, wash with nice clean sponge, rinse with the hose and finish off with a chamois leather.

The day I took it to the car wash it was' brass monkeys' and the car was up to the eyes in salty grime!

Chamois leather. ????????????????????????? Tell him Kev !!!!!

Big Kev

Ha! Just the once mate, normally hose down with clean water, then proper car wash shampoo in warm water, wash with nice clean sponge, rinse with the hose and finish off with a chamois leather.

The day I took it to the car wash it was' brass monkeys' and the car was up to the eyes in salty grime!

You are excused just this wanst then , Jim....as Charlie is hinting, yer piece of dead deer drying cloth can also impart scratches....either get yerself some decent drying cloths, or saddoes like me use a garden vac machine on its blow cycle !!!!

Big Kev

Ah, it's nice to see some fellow 'shiny' buffs. I was ostracised (ooh, err) by a lot of the members on the Hiluxsurf forum for keeping my Surf clean, it was a bit of a no-no on there to wash your truck!

007.jpg

Dont know whats up with you lot, the local garage do a great car wash for £1.99, the wash brushes are getting short now as they havent been replaced for 6 or 7 years but the grit embedded in them really bring out the best in the metallic paint and show it off in the sunshine and really help to remove the ingrained dirt.

Gus

Dont know whats up with you lot, the local garage do a great car wash for £1.99, the wash brushes are getting short now as they havent been replaced for 6 or 7 years but the grit embedded in them really bring out the best in the metallic paint and show it off in the sunshine and really help to remove the ingrained dirt.

Gus

:doctor::eek:

Sponge and a Chamois, the mind boggles!!!!!! You need a word of advice from Big Kev or Charlie Two words spring to mind microfibre and Lambswool

Regards Clare

Car wash What,s a Car wash?

Car wash is a time efficient way of having your Rav cleaned so you can see out of the windys, plus it is also cheap in comparison to all the mucking around with a bucket/sponge and my grandads chamois that is kept stored in the coal bunker under a layer of coal.

and as a bonus if you want to spend more it puts polish on the car at the same time.

Gus