Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Engine Done And Dusted ...

CharlieFarlie

I find this whole thread very smutty and wonder why its been allowed to continue. Sooty and Sweep spring to mind!

I read somewhere that the Corsa and the Astra have had problems with EGR systems... thankfully our diesel engined genny doesn't have exhaust gas recycling - it just burbles away into the smog filled atmosphere of our shed. We keep pigeons in the shed to make sure its safe air for our trainees :lol:

Let Me try and clarify the situation with the pistons and rings.. After the problem with the 2AD engines Toyota started replacing the said pistons and rings with modified parts... Lets call this set 1

They then started using a further modified parts. IE a new and different design of Piston and ring.. Lets call it set 2

These parts has now be superseded by a yet again further set of re designed pistons and rings .. Lets say set 3

Hope I have explained better this time. It is confusing !

Yeah but that doesn't apply to 3/4 engines. You were saying that yours was by no means the first to fail............

Does your inlet manifold look new this time?

Don . If the inlet manifold is on the front of the engine then No it has not been changed .. EGR also looks like the old one ( Changed with the engine last time and 9,000 miles ago)

Jedi

I see more posts have been removed in my absence due to unnecessary devilment.

Your posting has been suspended for 90 days.

I hope you come back with a far more amicable attitude.

Jedi

I know Jedi can be an annoying git at times but surely not that bad ??

I actually find Him amusing at times.. There has as far as I can see only been mild annoyance with no threats or malice ???

I've had some discussion with him and may reverse the decision given the right commitment.

Jedi

Jedi who ??????????? :lol:

Awe Bring the little green gremlin back :group-cuddles: , just ban him from ever typing the word oil :censor: :ban: Stew

OK, after spending some time communicating with him he is back. He doesn't actually know what he has done and that to some extent is because not everybody gets his sense of humour. It isn't all him either and he often just laughs off people having a dig so lets respect his feelings too please.

We all like a laugh and a joke and I don't want that to stop so lets just try and keep things the way we all like for the better of the forum.

Come on back Jedi and enjoy the forum with us.

:P Oh and could You lot please stay on topic ???????????? :P

:clap::toot::thumbsup:

very wary of saying something wrong :Jedi

Jedi....Just because some of your posts go against some of the RAV community, you should not feel intimidated or wary about saying something "wrong" on these forums

You are entitled to your comments and opinions within the forum as much as any other contributor

All that is asked is that contributions are kept on topic and do not become personal toward any TOC member..........The foregoing applies to ALL contributors to the TOC forum

It is in the interests of all members to respect the mutual right to free discussion within the forum

:clap::toot::thumbsup:

very wary of saying something wrong :Jedi

Jedi....Just because some of your posts go against some of the RAV community, you should not feel intimidated or wary about saying something "wrong" on these forums

You are entitled to your comments and opinions within the forum as much as any other contributor

All that is asked is that contributions are kept on topic and do not become personal toward any TOC member..........The foregoing applies to ALL contributors to the TOC forum

It is in the interests of all members to respect the mutual right to free discussion within the forum

Thats what I thought, it`s my honest opinion...............I may not like what others say on here, but I dont go running to mods, I take it on the chin and accept their opinion, if I go against the grain.............Tuff!!!......can I say that???? :unsure: .

If somebody dont like what I say please PM me and explain why?............I`ve said this before...............I am not a bad person. ......I dont hate Toyota, They are better than other dealerships.....I do actually have a Toyota myself ...not by choice, but its grown on me as has this forum.............and they are both brillient!!!!!!!!

Peace and love 1 Toyota!!!!!!!!! :wub:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links