Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Touch & Go

Beermonster

Hi I picked up my new yaris yesterday and so far I like it just a couple of things should I have an indicator on the dash to tell me my head lights are on? And also the touch and go, I've registered it and added a location saved the file to a USB stick but when I try to load it in the car it says it can't find a valid file, do I need to do anything else with it like put it in a directory on the drive I just copied it to the root.

Hi I picked up my new yaris yesterday and so far I like it just a couple of things should I have an indicator on the dash to tell me my head lights are on?

I have a t-spirit and no i do not have a warning light on the dash, all i have is an indicator when the front & rear fogs are on.

And also the touch and go, I've registered it and added a location saved the file to a USB stick but when I try to load it in the car it says it can't find a valid file, do I need to do anything else with it like put it in a directory on the drive I just copied it to the root.

Cannot help as never tried this method, have you tried watching the help videos but not sure this is a valid method of loading a route (but i could be wrong?)

http://www.toyota.co.uk/cgi-bin/toyota/bv/generic_editorial.jsp?navRoot=toyota_1024_root&noLeftMenu=true&fullwidth=TRUE&nodiv=TRUE&edname=CC2-Touch-and-go-landing&id=TouchandGo-landing&zone=Zone+Cars&sr=Mall

Thanks, I watched the videos and I tried it but when I go to Google it doens't have send to car, when I copy it to the USB drive it just doesn't reconise it.

Hi I picked up my new yaris yesterday and so far I like it just a couple of things should I have an indicator on the dash to tell me my head lights are on? And also the touch and go, I've registered it and added a location saved the file to a USB stick but when I try to load it in the car it says it can't find a valid file, do I need to do anything else with it like put it in a directory on the drive I just copied it to the root.

You have a main beam warning light on the dash, blue in colour, this is a legal requirement and since January 2012 an MOT failure if it does not work. As to the update for touch and go, I do not think any have been issued yet, there are older type ones forn other Toyota models which are incompatible with touch and go.

Regards Geoff Peace.

As to the update for touch and go, I do not think any have been issued yet, there are older type ones forn other Toyota models which are incompatible with touch and go. Regards Geoff Peace.

Thanks, but I don't want to update it I just want to transfer desinations to it.

I did ask the dealer about the headlight light and he said that there isn't one as the dials illuminate when you turn your lights on, which is different from the Fiesta I just had the dials are illuminated all the time

Thanks, I watched the videos and I tried it but when I go to Google it doens't have send to car

did you select google as your search provider on the touch & go web page?

Thanks, I watched the videos and I tried it but when I go to Google it doens't have send to car

Yes I did, I also saved it again and try it and this time it found it :)

Yes I did, I also saved it again and try it and this time it found it :)

i have just downloaded a route and it worked for me but a coupe of things that were not clear in the video:

1. the send button is hidden once you have selected your destination, its under more, click the arrow and select send and car. Input the car make & account name.

2. to get it into the car, you need to download from the server but you need internet tethering enabled and connected on your mobile.

after that, under saved.

Am I missing something? I can't see a more or send or anything, see attached

post-117970-0-61896600-1329859561_thumb.

Am I missing something? I can't see a more or send or anything, see attached

Did you go into google via the on line touch & go account? I cannot work out how to attach the thumbnail so hearer is a direct link of the screen with the send page on it.

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/gallery/media/399

• 2 months later...

Just got my new Yarris and I cannot ever see me doing updates. Ive found it all VERY complicated. Have managed to resister - but that's about it. Can't understand what to do. It's really not easy.I'm hoping the service centre will be able to do the updates for me.

Can anyone help? I have a Yaris T Spirit and am on a Vodafone contract (iphone). I have registered and connected my phone through bluetooth etc but I cant make the Yaris do a search on the internet?

Have checked and the google box is ticked as enabled but cant search???

Any ideas?

Thanks

If you want to do a google search make sure that you have internet tethering activated on you iphone(settings,general,network,near the bottom of the list)as the car uses your phones internet to get the info,so check your data charge from vodaphone before you run up a big bill !!

Regards Paul

Thanks for your help, ive tried everything but will check phone settings. Was wondering re costs and whether it is permanently connected whilst driving or whether it is only whilst searching.

Will post how i get on!

Thanks again

Adele

It will only use the connection while its downloading info so you only get charged for the info you request so its not that big a mb charge.I have downloaded the weather app and the glass of water app and they took about 5 seconds and i have used 190 kb of data so next to nothing really.

Paul

Thanks for your help, ive tried everything but will check phone settings.

I had to get tethering turned on by O2 as its not by default plus i had to pay some more £ per month

Managed to sort out the internet connection by going into phone settings and turning on the personal hotspot. Works a treat now. However, I have no idea how to download apps! That's next weeks challenge!!

It will only use the connection while its downloading info so you only get charged for the info you request so its not that big a mb charge.I have downloaded the weather app and the glass of water app and they took about 5 seconds and i have used 190 kb of data so next to nothing really.

Paul

Did you download the apps from the touch & go website? as when i log in to it, under applications it just keeps showing session timeout?

Ian

Hey ya all

A little guide written by myself to help you guys update the Touch & Go in the Yaris Mk3

You need to make an account with my.toyota.eu

Also you need a blank usb stick

And you need your VIN of your car as well to register to the toyota system.

Once you have registered all of that , you need to make a 'finger-print' of your Touch & Go system onto the USB key by starting your car , and put the usb key into the port and then goto setup > general > system info > then press copy to USB

Wait for that to complete, and then you have the finger print.

Download the Toyota Touch & Go Toolbox and install that program into your Window computer.

Load up and when prompted put your usb key stick into your computer.

The rest should be pretty straight forward prompts on the screen.

Thats to install apps etc etc

To simply update the firmware of the Touch & Go , i think you just need to register and download the update on the website.

I think this is the hot link.

https://www.naviextr...oyota_os_eu_low

Then copy this to a blank usb key.

It has to be blank.

Then go to your car and plug it in and follow instructions on the screen.

Wait and dont switch off your engine.

Any questions , let me know , either on this forum or Yaris Club UK which i frequent on.

Thanks

• 1 year later...

Ok I have downloaded the toolkit file which is a .iso file how can i install that into my computer

Greg