Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Door 'buffer'?

mystic

Hi guys, i noticed my back door slams shut and found two caps are missing, i took a pic to show what i mean, does anyone know where i can find a replacement?

post-108818-0-68307500-1329419556_thumb.

post-108818-0-19604400-1329419660_thumb.

More than likely a Dealer job Mate.. Should only be a couple of quid each.. PM Kingo ??

The buffer rubbers are like snap-in grommets, but are quite "tall" - around 15mm or so. They're easily sideways knocked, and pop out; have lost mine too. When you get new ones, suggest a dash of superglue to prevent a repeat.

Very special profile - definitely a dealer item.

The buffer rubbers are like snap-in grommets, but are quite "tall" - around 15mm or so. They're easily sideways knocked, and pop out; have lost mine too. When you get new ones, suggest a dash of superglue to prevent a repeat. Very special profile - definitely a dealer item.

Agree with the chaps. I've lost it before & my friendly Toyota dealer gave me one gratis. Rather than Superglue, a drop of Evo-stik would probably be better. I need a new one now as well........

Thank for the advise guys, i emailed a few people on eBay that a breaking rav's down for parts (should be crime :P) If i don't hear from them i will try the scrappy, if that fails i will then try toyota.

Do they have a name? I been calling them door buffers but i think that's wrong

@jedi

If that is the case they done a serious good job, i checked all over the vehicle when i got it and didn't find a thing out of place, even up the ramps.

I have always called them "door bumper rubbers" I bought the last one from Toyota a couple of years ago. My vague memory was that it was under £2.

I went down the scrappy, the place is huge took me 20 mins to walk from one side to the other, i looked everywhere, they had every car possible except a rav4 (just my luck) now that tells me that the rav is the most awesome car ever and nobody is willing to scrap it.

I then went to toyota and they want £5 each :o, i said to the guy that was way to expensive to a simple little rubber gromet, to which he replied "i wouldn't pay that either".

So im still on the hunt

If yer up in Glasgow at all, Big Kevs got 2 on his car.....

Whaur ya been Big Stuff....? Health OK one trusts...not seen ye furrages min....no missed ye either mind......

Big Kev the Rubber Bumper Stockist

I went down the scrappy, the place is huge took me 20 mins to walk from one side to the other, i looked everywhere, they had every car possible except a rav4 (just my luck) now that tells me that the rav is the most awesome car ever and nobody is willing to scrap it.

I then went to toyota and they want £5 each :o, i said to the guy that was way to expensive to a simple little rubber gromet, to which he replied "i wouldn't pay that either".

So im still on the hunt

Hi Luke, the official Toyota name for these is "Cushion". I know this because I called into my local Mr. T today to see if I could cadge another freebe. Unfortunately not, as they had none in stock so had to order one. Cost £3.80.

Re the continued hunt, you won't take long spending a fiver on fuel/wear & tear. Might be an idea to cut your losses & simply take the TGB one?