Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Oil Change

DjRav

Other pie eating Russian Wine consumer from Wales here! :eat: :D

Come down for a pint of Brains SA mate and I'll give you a filter :yes:

How can ah refuse such an invite from ma mate Hannibal....? A pint of brains, eh....?

Don't come on here trying to Lechter me about beers....

Big Kev :death:

How can ah refuse such an invite from ma mate Hannibal....? A pint of brains, eh....?

Ah, Brains SA. :beer: You've taken me right back to my halcyon Uni days :) :thumbsup:

Ah, Brains SA. :beer: You've taken me right back to my halcyon Uni days :) :thumbsup:

You cant beat a pint or 3 of some Skull Attack! :beer::cheers:

Lmao!... Now that did make me smile my mate! :) :yes: :yes:

You cant beat a pint or 3 of some Skull Attack! :beer::cheers:

You are correct. The interim service is an oil change and a visual check only..

Provided You have the correct wrench ( PM Me if You don't I will send You My one) and a pair of functioning eyes You can do Your self.

Anchorman or Mistermena or perhaps Jedi ????? Will advise which oil is best but from memory Morrises semi synthetic is the way to go and an OE filter......

Visual check sounds in my capabilities! I bought a wrench last week (like a set of over sized pipe pliers) and I'm poised to order the filter from parts-king which I presume is the dogs!

NO NO NO Do not attack the filter housing with anything but the correct sized socket/wrench !! its a 64.5 mill large socket that You need ... I will find the right torque settings for You later on for the sump plug and the filter housing......

The right or OE filter has a wee adaptor so You can drain the oil out of the old one before removing it.... That way is less messy !!

Please lets not start about oil again or I'm away to find a short rope and a high rafter !!!

Morrises semi synthetic is the way to go. Anchs will advise Mate. Trust Him He knows better than the Vodaphone Kid !!

You were quite right!  Did the oil change today and the housing was a pain to get off without the proper tool. I'll be buying one for the next time. 

Btw the Morris oil I got is c3 grade, top stuff, and was only £16 per 5L as I bought 4 of them. Got the filter for £9.65 at a Toyota garage, they thought I was trade?!

Was straight forward thanks to the pinned instructions although took me 2 hours instead of the 45 mins suggested!!  I did decide to take the whole tray thing off though. And glad I did. 

Dave

Nice one Mate !! Nothing quite like the sense of achieving a job well done ! Even if you do get half a litre up Yer sleeve... That and saving well over a hundred quid goes down rather well ????

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links