Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lift Bolts

sav5525

Just bought a 51Celica 190 and have been reading about replacing lift bolts. do i need to check that these bolts are ok? when does the variable valve lift begin to work? lastly i filled the car up with petrol, switched car off and later that day returned to the car, the petrol had dropped 3 bars but then after a few moments 2 bars returned, the car is not on a hill. help please

You have a pre-facelift 190. On these cars the lift bolts were known to break. On the facelift 190 a new design of bolt was fitted. Mr. T calls these bolts ' flange bolts ' and they cost about 60P each. Part number is 90105-06293. If you are mechanically minded it will take about 30 mins to change them. If you are worried if previous owner never changed them then just do it for piece of mind.

This will help http://www.billswebspace.com/2ZZLiftBoltReplacement.htm

Lift engages at 6,200 rpm and will take you to 8,199 before the limiter kicks in.

If your bolts are broken the car will run up to 7,000 rpm but you will not feel any lift kicking in. Also as the system is oil and temperature controlled your car engine must be warmed up before lift can be used. ECU will not allow lift if cold.

i just done the lift bolts on my corolla t sport (same engine) you will need a torque wrench, a little auto silicone gasket maker, and the 2 lift bolts, this is the toyota guide to replace them, on the celica you will deffo need a torque wrench as they have specific torques. using this guide obviously ignore stripping the engine right down as the guide is for when the lift bolts snap ;)

http://www.billswebs...m/liftbolts.pdf

thanks alot, do you know why my car at idle every now and then will fluctuate not by much but enough that you can feel the car judder? sorry for all the questions its just i know the car is 11 years old and want to catch any problems before the progress in to bigger broblems. thanks again

I think you really need to check it before you replace it. When was the last time you check it?

i just done the lift bolts on my corolla t sport (same engine) you will need a torque wrench, a little auto silicone gasket maker, and the 2 lift bolts, this is the toyota guide to replace them, on the celica you will deffo need a torque wrench as they have specific torques. using this guide obviously ignore stripping the engine right down as the guide is for when the lift bolts snap ;)

You don't need a torque wrench..... I've changed the bolts on at least 4 cars and never used one....

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links