Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I Want Your Ideas (But Mostly Your Sponsorship For Swimathon!)

shcm

Donate/Sponsor Me Here:

http://my.artezgloba...&langPref=en-CA

captainslog.jpg

Well, guys and gals, I'm a bit of a swimmer.

The care of those terminally ill with cancer is close to my heart, so time to put a bit more back.

This year's swimathon is 27-29th April:

http://swimathon.org/enter_now.php

Now, I could just do the 5km challenge, but to be honest it doesn't feel like much of a challenge and I feel, I should at least push myself a little bit.

You see, I swim 10.5km a week anyway (2km every weekday, 2.5km on a Friday). Yes, 5km is twice my 2.5km, but I generally limit the distance/time, because I have to go to into work!

So, I was thinking, I have 9 weeks, starting next week, until 27-29 April. I was contemplating, doing 100km between now and then, in the "simplyswim" section, which allows multiple swims.

It's still not much more than I'd do in that time anyway. Perhaps I could include a few 5km sessions in with it. The 100km is also 60+ miles, which fits nicely with diamond jubilee year.

However, I was wondering whether any of you good people would have any other suggestions as to what I could do? humourous or otherwise. Incorporating a time element is possible. Need a target sum to raise too.

No, I'm not going to do a David Walliams and swim the Thames. I've probably swam with rats before and don't fancy getting weil's disease. :no:

Mostly though, when I've registered, I'll be wanting you to GET YOUR CASH OUT and sponsor me!

Oh and moderators, please don't move this to general, because most of my friends (I think they are my friends :unsure:) are here. I know it's not car related, but it's for a good cause. You could even pin this for me 'till the end of April if you like?

Thanks.

Donate/Sponsor Me Here:

I have two of My closest and oldest Friends suffering at the moment. Both are in the final stages and We expect to loose them both in the very near future....

So put Me down for fifty quid Mate.. Just let Me know where to send the money..

Ohh and well done !!!

Are you going to have a sponsorship link like Jamie does shcm?

Well, I've decided to try for 100km, with some 5km sessions.

Many thanks to those that have pledged already.

Now it's set up, if you'd like to sponsor me/donate, the link to my offical/registered swimathon page is here:

I'll keep you updated with progress.

Thanks Again

Come on Peoples get behind this one !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Guys making this a sticky means many will not notice it stuck away up here at the top ?????

Might be worth setting it up so that when a Member posts it goes to the top in the regular Forum list ???

Well impressed! I take panic attacks in the shower and don't do baths since being pulled from the bottom of one over 50 years ago! However my brother has throat cancer so I'll break open my RBS Piggy Bank... !

There can't be many people out there whose lives have not been touched by cancer in some way. Get your purses / wallets out, ladies and gentlemen, and let's bust shcm's modest target of £250.

• 1 month later...

Flipin heck how did i miss this.. i think CF is right... i don't usually look in the pinned section..

I lost my mother in November after an epic 9 year battle with breast cancer. Marie Currie were there the whole way but particularly at the end. You've got me for £20 mate.

Keep up the good work.

Dave

• 1 month later...

And why is this no longer Pinned??

Well, because I completed, the event weekend has passed and I didn't think the generous, good people of TOC would want it hanging around any longer.

So I asked our highly respected moderator to unpin it. :thumbsup:

Funds can still be added up until June though, if people still want to contribute. I have some cash from others to add, so the total will be close to £700 soon.

Well, because I completed, the event weekend has passed and I didn't think the generous, good people of TOC would want it hanging around any longer.

So I asked our highly respected moderator to unpin it. :thumbsup:

Funds can still be added up until June though, if people still want to contribute. I have some cash from others to add, so the total will be close to £700 soon.

Standing ovation from me for a tremdous effort. Well done Andy.

I was wondering whether any of you good people would have any other suggestions as to what I could do? humourous or otherwise. Incorporating a time element is possible.

I was wondering whether any of you good people would have any other suggestions as to what I could do? humourous or otherwise. Incorporating a time element is possible.

Long walk, short Pier?

£700 mark now reached :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:thumbsup::clap::toot: :toot: :toast::yahoo: WELL DONE ANDY!!! A GREAT ACHIEVMENT :thumbsup: Stew