Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

St182 Nightmare -

JonB

Hi all

I have just paid £200 to have the wrong problem fixed - and I am no further forward.

My automatic 1992 ZR was shaking like a bastid at anything over 40 mph.

After research, I decided it must be the nearside cv joint failed so ordered one and booked it into the garage. (had heard clicking from that side on full lock for a time now)

Paid £80 for the joint (I had to supply parts) paid £94 labour.... F**king thing not better and has other noises now too

1. Deep clunking noise on accelerating in straight line (sounds like coming from under drivers seat) :ffs:

2. Car still shakes like a bastid over 60 mph :ffs:

HELP ME

Can anyone tell me where to buy parts? I suspect one or both of the inner CV joints now (offiside outer changed last year)

Or could this be torque converter or something even more ominous.

I dont really want to pay a fortune more at the garage - I'd rather just bin the f**king thing! :censor:

Disgruntled to say the least.........

I didnt think it was the CV joint to tell you the truth. I still think its the arm for the steering - cant remember the technical name for it.

I had the exact same problem on my astra. :)

I had this problem with my 87 and it turns out it was a tire that was being chewed off because of a bad alignment.... you may want to look into an alignment... and a broken strut could also cause the alignment to shift without you knowing it... I had a broken strut and had my car aligned and the technicians didn't even catch it... the car drove great for a few days but began eating my tires again... either way have the alignment checked and take a look at all the suspension parts, then rotate your tires... if the vibration changes then that might be it... a clunking noise may be a lower engine knock so WATCH OUT... good luck :eek:

For sure, checkout your control arm bushes, these are simple and cheap to replace that may be both problems. the other place I would look is at the engine/gearbox mounts. Your mechanic may have neglected to properly tighten up the axlenut when he replaced the cv. In all honesty it really doesnt sound like a cv joint so I wouldnt waste anymore money on replacing the others. The other thing to do is to get your wheels rebalanced. Again a simple and relatively cheap solution. Good luck

My problem has been solved - It was a buckled wheel after all that crap. No idea how it got buckled - not hit anything but then again it does have spindly 17 inch wolfrace wheels and 205 40 17 tyres.

Mind you, the cv joint did need changing - the click has gone now - just need to get a set of standard wheels for it now - but after that, me and my celica are going to part company.

It was the hell of realising just how hard it is to source parts that made me want the divorce.

Anyone wanna buy a 1991 Celica ZR import :crybaby: ?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links