Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sporty Looking Rav!

Paulus17

THIS is a nice looking Rav.

Haven't seen one with that black line on the side before,makes it look more sporty by just adding that.??

Ah, side mouldings. Bit like Marmite...............................

I quite like the mouldings myself and think if you have a 'town' car and are forced to park in the tiny spaces that seem to be provided now, they offer useful protection.

Got a set of Suzuki ones to put on the Swift once the weather gets warmer for that very reason :thumbsup:

Not got them on my RAV (which is identical to that in the link other then those side bits) but might consider it :)

I think those side mouldings are part of the option called 'protection pack' aren't they? My 2000 Rav has them by accident cos it's pre facelift and they aren't colour coded like the post 2003 4.2s.

Brought back memories that did :rolleyes:

100_0798.jpg

Is that what they are then??

How are those fixed on??

They had one not so long ago with a black stripe down the middle of the bonnet,which looked pretty good as well i thought. Just thought it was new colour schemes they were doing :unsure:

Is that what they are then??

How are those fixed on??

Yup, held on with adhesive trim tape.

My 2000 Rav has them by accident cos it's pre facelift and they aren't colour coded like the post 2003 4.2s.

I think they were only painted on the NRGs.

My 2000 Rav has them by accident cos it's pre facelift and they aren't colour coded like the post 2003 4.2s.

I think they were only painted on the NRGs.

I thought all 4.2s had these as standard?, some where 2 tone or unpainted, others like mine are colour coded to make the monstrous sight blend into the bodywork :D

I didn,t have them on my Rav, but have them on my U/C. Worth their weight in gold, the number of times drivers park too close and they do actually save the sides of the car fron "door dings". If your car is black like mine they blend in perfectly.

Regards Clare

Mine has them and I they really do add to your confidence and peace of mind when leaving it on car parks.

8dd65f8c.jpg

I think it looks more chunky with them on too.

To be honest neither meself nor Mrs P liked the black guard on the front of the Ravs,but wiith just those black guards added they seem to bring the front of the car,with the black guard fitted ,in with the rest of it,if you see what i mean,especially on the white and other lighter coloured Ravs.

To be honest neither meself nor Mrs P liked the black guard on the front of the Ravs,but wiith just those black guards added they seem to bring the front of the car,with the black guard fitted ,in with the rest of it,if you see what i mean,especially on the white and other lighter coloured Ravs.

Wife's 3 door has them as standard (Granite trim and colour coded) but in reality it actually depends on the shape / profile of the car door of the sphinctus who is going to park beside you anyway as to whether or not it coincides ON this protector bit, or above or below it....naw ? Even more relevant is that on the colour coded wans, it shows up as a bloody paint chip anyway, so is equi-annoying as anywhere else....? The black plastic unpainted ones seem to make more sense, but really are "stand-outs" on some paint finishes.

Big Kev

Not totally in love with the looks but will have them on the next car as one door ding saved is a bonus !! People who ding doors into My car turn Me into a complete lunatic........No comments Kev !!

Some donut opened their door on my dad's brand new Tiguan when he was on holiday in Scotland. It was a windy day and it caused a major dent in the door. He had quotes of up to £600 to put it right but eventually managed to get it pushed out by a local bodyshop for a lot less. It still isn't right but it's barely noticeable. He will be buying side protection on any new motor from now on.

As stated previously mine has these on and I think they do a good job in the ever decreasing size of some parking bays.

Witnessed someone of large proportions get into their car after opening the door onto the next car and then got in.

The edge of the door was still in contact and as the car sank it added a vertical scrape just to finish off with.

Did what I hope someone would do for me in that case and popped a note under the wiper with the reg on it

Blood pressure back to normal again now,thank you.

Del

let's hope the note didn't say "people watching think I am leaving my details ······"

Thinking more and more about these rubbing strips now :(

Sporty stripes......... or go-faster stripes..........

Pardon me whilest I roll around the floor in tears......

Dings on doors - if in doubt I just park across 2 spaces - and with my size i just smile if folk look at me. 4XL going on 6XL !!

let's hope the note didn't say "people watching think I am leaving my details ······"

Thinking more and more about these rubbing strips now :(

No David, but it did happen to me about 4 years ago.

I would not hesitate to fit the strips if they were'nt already on mine.

Not as good as the Mk1 plastic cladding though!!

Del

Sporty stripes......... or go-faster stripes..........

Pardon me whilest I roll around the floor in tears......

Dings on doors - if in doubt I just park across 2 spaces - and with my size i just smile if folk look at me. 4XL going on 6XL !!

And thats just with the genny :ermm::eek:

Del

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links