Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tpms System Question

plasticman007

Hi everyone,

I have just purchased a spare T180 run flat wheel and tyre for my T180. Is it possible to have a 5th code added into the TPMS computer or are they only capable of holding 4 codes

Any help as usual much appreciated

Hi everyone,

I have just purchased a spare T180 run flat wheel and tyre for my T180. Is it possible to have a 5th code added into the TPMS computer or are they only capable of holding 4 codes

Any help as usual much appreciated

The system does accept 5 codes, Mark, but here is the rub. If for some reason on any given day you leave your spare out of the car (at home) so that the system no longer recognises it as being present, you will get the light FLASHING as having a fault. (Steady light apparently is warning of deflation).

Guess who the only folks are who can programme in the fifth, and stop the light flashing, and enjoy charging you for the privilege.....?

I personally would only have the fifth one "coded in" as and when I come to have it fitted, just in case you need extra room some time and want to leave your spare at home....believe me, it happens.....

Big Kev

Thanks for that kevin.

I thought that was the case and was aware only Toyota could enter the code. I did have mine in this week for another problem and asked them to put the 5th code in. On collection I was told that there was only room to put 4 codes in however.

I do take on board your comments with regards to the 5th wheel only being coded in when it is in use. I have only had the wheel for 5 days now but have already done several journeys with the spare removed to gain space. I am also the sort of person that does not like to see warning lights on even if I am aware why they are on so again thanks for that.

Plasticman007 (Mark)

Mark. See the link below for how to add a switch to the TPMS system. It really is a simple job to do and You can then arm or disarm the system and the warning light to suit Your needs on the day......

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=130476

Thanks Charlie.

I have read the link with interest before.

Does it mean that if you get the warning light flashing due to the 5th code not being present you have to get Toyota to clear this or does it clear when the 5th code is returned to the vehicle.

If the later part of the above is true I will add the switch.

again thanks

Mark

Thanks Charlie. I have read the link with interest before. Does it mean that if you get the warning light flashing due to the 5th code not being present you have to get Toyota to clear this or does it clear when the 5th code is returned to the vehicle. If the later part of the above is true I will add the switch. again thanks Mark

if for any reason the light flashes or remains constant, it's off to Mr. T .....normal OBD readers/code clearers not relevant unfortune fully.

Big Kev

Kev. Not so sure that's entirely accurate I had the light flash before I added the switch. It was due to a low pressure. Correcting it put the light out.

Also when trying out the car with the winter wheels and tyres in place and the system armed the light came on. At this point I simply hit the switch and obviously turned it off.

To re arm or enable the system again its just a case of switching back on . All is then returned to normal.. If this is not the way its happening for You then disconnect the Battery and that will re set the whole lot.

If You have the 5th wheel coded and leave it out of the car this will trigger the light due to the system not being able to locate it..

But if the You have the switch in place and disarm the system it will not trigger or recognise the 5th wheel or any of the other 4 for that matter because it is switched off..

Kev have You put the switch in ??

Kev. Not so sure that's entirely accurate I had the light flash before I added the switch. It was due to a low pressure. Correcting it put the light out.

Also when trying out the car with the winter wheels and tyres in place and the system armed the light came on. At this point I simply hit the switch and obviously turned it off.

To re arm or enable the system again its just a case of switching back on . All is then returned to normal.. If this is not the way its happening for You then disconnect the battery and that will re set the whole lot.

If You have the 5th wheel coded and leave it out of the car this will trigger the light due to the system not being able to locate it..

But if the You have the switch in place and disarm the system it will not trigger or recognise the 5th wheel or any of the other 4 for that matter because it is switched off..

Kev have You put the switch in ??

Aye Charlie....fitted switch ages ago and emailed you at home address....now becoming clear you are one of many who got caught up in my laptop getting a stonker of a Trojan / Virus thingy, Only now very recently cleaned and reloaded

W7 etc....used wife's snidey wee machine for interim.

Have switched off TPMS system mainly for reason outlined before....may wish to remove spare and drive locally....this trips the flashing light, which I am assured hereon was not able to be cancelled by my wee cheap OBD machine....? HAVEN'T EVEN TRIED IT, AND NO LONGER RELEVANT AS WILL NOT RECONNECT SYSTEM, ALBEIT ALL SENSORS LEFT IN PLACE.....'scuse capitals....that way car can be restored to standard should I trade in for a new SR.......that would also incur having to make ma own dinners, as wife would leave me.

Big Kev

Kev. A new SR is on the cards for Me in the very near.. Don had come up trumps with His dealer whose prices are better than those I can find. I'm holding out for selling My car privately though as trade in values are not great..

I am about to remove the winter tyres from My spare set of rims this coming week and replace them with a set of Geolanders or Advans. This will leave the winter ones ready for next Year and the standard set untouched and ready to re fit ready for trading in. The originals have 5.5 mill or more so don't want to risk taking them down to far in case it means a new set will be needed soon. Replacing the originals would cost a !Removed! fortune !!!

I was as You know going to cut the standard set off and put summer tyres on those rims. I now believe that would have been a big mistake because of the trade in implications ...

Charlie., you should consider that TPMS systen I have fitted to both my sets of wheels when yoy do the tyre change.

A proper system which gives you info for each tyre, and that you can reprogram yourself if doing Tyre Rotations. and all for under £100 including shipping from the USA.

Charlie., you should consider that TPMS systen I have fitted to both my sets of wheels when yoy do the tyre change.

A proper system which gives you info for each tyre, and that you can reprogram yourself if doing Tyre Rotations. and all for under £100 including shipping from the USA.

Yes Mate that sounds like a good idea.. Will get in touch once business is concluded ....

Thanks.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links