Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sat Nav Discs On Ebay

benxt5

Is £40 for a full set of 4 E11 08/09 discs a good price?

Am I correct in thinking these update the software to have less options "greyed out" while moving?

Price seems ok from what you often see.

If the upgrade is primarily for the purpose of being able to use the Sat Nav controls while moving, you could potentially connect a switch to the VSP signal to open that to bypass the limitation, then close the switch when done.

Interestingly, the latest (apart from touch & go) OEM Sat Navs don't have that limitation at all and I don't even recall the usual disclaimer message you have to accept before using!

Brilliant price !!!! They don't work though !!!!

I bought a set and they did not work ! Getting back the coin was a long laborious task as Paypal is a bar stuard and its just boring and takes an age !!

I bought a set and they did not work ! Getting back the coin was a long laborious task as Paypal is a bar stuard and its just bor

Price seems ok from what you often see.

If the upgrade is primarily for the purpose of being able to use the Sat Nav controls while moving, you could potentially connect a switch to the VSP signal to open that to bypass the limitation, then close the switch when done.

Interestingly, the latest (apart from touch & go) OEM Sat Navs don't have that limitation at all and I don't even recall the usual disclaimer message you have to accept before using!

David. Do You have the latest touch and go system ? I am going to be buying a new SR just as soon as I can get the T180 sold. I can buy the slightly older model which has the again slightly older nav system for about a 1000 less than a completely up to date car with touch and go. But a grand for an updated Hi Fi / nav system ??? Not unless it offers something worth having !

Hi Charlie. nope, I have the older unit.

I was comparing the specs of the new RAVs and my age RAV (2011 model) and my own conclusion is for XT-R, new one is one to go for for sure, but for SR only change is Touch & Go (which is good for not hurting resale values on old one hopefully)

I really like how Sat Nav routing and display works on mine. The 10GB Hard Drive seems to have room more masses of albums (copied over maybe 80 CDs and still under half full) but the iPod integration is total pants.

For new RAV, Touch & Go adds lots of features that are only accessible if you have internet access via your phone (so why not just use the phone?) and would look to be a distraction when driving as well :( But the iPod integration looks from the pics to be spot on.

I would say save the £1,000.

I bought a set and they did not work ! Getting back the coin was a long laborious task as Paypal is a bar stuard and its just boring and takes an age !!

If their origional they should work mate....as you now have the latest E14 firmware loaded, you need to disconnect the sat nav (battery) for a few minutes, and reconnect making sure you have the E11 disc in when you connect back up, this will then load up the E11 firmware :D

David. The car Don found for Me has a 40 gig hard drive... Not sure if I would benefit from it though ....

I am trying hard to sell the T180 and if it goes soon then that car will be the one for Me. It has the same unit as Your one then but with a bigger hard drive which I believe Don said was an option.. I wont be paying out an extra grand for a system unless it has some HUGE benefits over the previous one..

I have an I phone which is of little use to Me really as I only use the basic functions and cannot work any of the rest out !!

Giving Me an I phone was a bit like giving strawberries to a pig !

So all the fancy dan kit on touch and go would likely be wasted.. Is Your system very much upgraded from the B9004 in My T180 ? This system I can understand now so another reason for sticking with one near the same .............

David. The car Don found for Me has a 40 gig hard drive... Not sure if I would benefit from it though ....

I am trying hard to sell the T180 and if it goes soon then that car will be the one for Me. It has the same unit as Your one then but with a bigger hard drive which I believe Don said was an option.. I wont be paying out an extra grand for a system unless it has some HUGE benefits over the previous one..

didn't know there was a bigger drive option. 40GB is more then you would ever need given the way the CDs are transferred (one by one rathern then copying via a PC or similar)

Sounds good. You transferring all the old accessories over as well?

If their origional they should work mate....as you now have the latest E14 firmware loaded, you need to disconnect the sat nav (battery) for a few minutes, and reconnect making sure you have the E11 disc in when you connect back up, this will then load up the E11 firmware :D

Originals work fine !! I bought just the UK one for 70 quid of the bay... But its the copies / non originals that fail to load.....

Ive never had A Toyota Sat Nav before so dont know how it compares. I like the way it shows the junctions and also how it is NOT very precise! Like "in ABOUT 3/4 of a mile ····"

sounds perverse, but makes it easier to follow.

SCHM has had both yours and mine I think, so could comment best.

Originals work fine !! I bought just the UK one for 70 quid of the bay... But its the copies / non originals that fail to load.....

didn't know there was a bigger drive option. 40GB is more then you would ever need given the way the CDs are transferred (one by one rathern then copying via a PC or similar)

Sounds good. You transferring all the old accessories over as well?

Yes Mate. Roof rails tow bar and mud flaps will be removed if I trade in but left on if I manage to sell privately. Plus any other kit that springs to mind.

If traded in these parts will add no value whatsoever to the trade in price so why leave them on....

A private sale will make the car a far better prospect as I want to get into an SR at the right price as I fear the upcoming new model will have a big effect on the later 4.3 prices.

Charlie, off topic I know, but I am after some roof rails - let me know if/when you are selling yours

Charlie, off topic I know, but I am after some roof rails - let me know if/when you are selling yours

I asked first :boxing::lol:

Guys I would be removing them and fitting them to the new car so either way they wont be for sale. Sorry ....

Only bits I will have are the latest version of the Sat nav disc and the Lindop tuning box as I believe it is not transferable to the 150 BHP engine.... First things first though I have yet to sell the T180 ........................

Just a thought Charlie, I know you won't be transfering the front guard 'cos it won't fit the new motor but............you may want to leave it on the T180, otherwise there will be holes in the front bumper. Not sure if you are aware of that but don't want you going to all the trouble of stripping it down and then finding out about the holes :rolleyes:

Ive never had A Toyota Sat Nav before so dont know how it compares. I like the way it shows the junctions and also how it is NOT very precise! Like "in ABOUT 3/4 of a mile ····"

SHCM has had both yours and mine I think, so could comment best.

Hoovie - sounds a bit off. Have you tried the re-calibration procedure? If not, we can check it's seeing the vehicle speed signal (via the diag screen) or a resonable number of GPS birds.

Charlie, the functionality is very similar. There's a few differences, but I think you'll get the hang of it.

Differences:

Different audio sources are selectable on "Tabs" on the screen as well as via the buttons.

You'll have a normal aux audio in now (but no play/pause control via steering wheel etc).

You'll be able to stream (connect) reasonable quality (not phone call like) audio via bluetooth from your phone and in theory control it from the steering wheel. Now, that works, but with some stuff it doesn't work great (or at least not for me). Early and probably later Android based stuff (phones etc), will connect, but under some circumstances they will drop the streaming and it can be a pig to get them to re-connect without powering off. e.g. if RDS "TA" (traffic announcment) is turned on and you get a traffic message announcement. Not ideal, when you are driving.

An iPhone maybe OK, but I don't have one to try. I don't believe it's the Toyota headunit at fault, but the Linux/Android drivers (and I've done a fair bit of investigation).

Map updates - Just a point, this is now a dealer thing, via a connected "magic box". It's not done via DVD anymore. Nice little earner I suppose. I'm not that bothered about map updates, I generally only use the sat nav as a prompt and work out myself where I'm going and use multiple destinations to force the thing to go the way I want.

The hard drive is a nice idea, but as Hoovie says, it will only copy CDs on to it (i.e. "normal" CD format). It will not copy mp3 files or anything like that. I suspect they were hyper-sensitive to not in-directly supporting copyright infringment.

Me 10GB HD has 52 CDs on there and reports 7.6GB free.

On and off (when time allows), I'm working on something to overcome what I see as these limitations, but don't hold your breath. Hope to have something working this year.....maybe.

If the "touch and go" overcomes some of these e.g. say playing mp3 off a stick, then, depending on what you want to do, it might be a better bet. However £1000 is a lot of cash, and maybe there will be a solution to that in the fullness of time ;) :thumbsup:

hi,

my Sat Nav positioning is spot on :) I was just referring to the style of the audio instructions and how they are not kind of "Turn NOW!" but more friendly :D

oh, nkt sure if older unit is the same, but mine reads audio DVDs, so can fit over what, 50?, CDs encoded as MP3s on removable media. In many ways that negates the need for Ipod/USB stick connectivity I reckon!

SHCM has had both yours and mine I think, so could comment best.

Hoovie - sounds a bit off. Have you tried the re-calibration procedure? If not, we can check it's seeing the vehicle speed signal (via the diag screen) or a resonable number of GPS birds.

Charlie, the functionality is very similar. There's a few differences, but I think you'll get the hang of it.

Differences:

Different audio sources are selectable on "Tabs" on the screen as well as via the buttons.

You'll have a normal aux audio in now (but no play/pause control via steering wheel etc).

You'll be able to stream (connect) reasonable quality (not phone call like) audio via bluetooth from your phone and in theory control it from the steering wheel. Now, that works, but with some stuff it doesn't work great (or at least not for me). Early and probably later Android based stuff (phones etc), will connect, but under some circumstances they will drop the streaming and it can be a pig to get them to re-connect without powering off. e.g. if RDS "TA" (traffic announcment) is turned on and you get a traffic message announcement. Not ideal, when you are driving.

An iPhone maybe OK, but I don't have one to try. I don't believe it's the Toyota headunit at fault, but the Linux/Android drivers (and I've done a fair bit of investigation).

Map updates - Just a point, this is now a dealer thing, via a connected "magic box". It's not done via DVD anymore. Nice little earner I suppose. I'm not that bothered about map updates, I generally only use the sat nav as a prompt and work out myself where I'm going and use multiple destinations to force the thing to go the way I want.

The hard drive is a nice idea, but as Hoovie says, it will only copy CDs on to it (i.e. "normal" CD format). It will not copy mp3 files or anything like that. I suspect they were hyper-sensitive to not in-directly supporting copyright infringment.

Me 10GB HD has 52 CDs on there and reports 7.6GB free.

On and off (when time allows), I'm working on something to overcome what I see as these limitations, but don't hold your breath. Hope to have something working this year.....maybe.

If the "touch and go" overcomes some of these e.g. say playing mp3 off a stick, then, depending on what you want to do, it might be a better bet. However £1000 is a lot of cash, and maybe there will be a solution to that in the fullness of time ;) :thumbsup:

If the car with the old unit is still there when My car is sold then that would be the one.. If however that car is sold then it may have to be one with the touch and go.. It all depends on how things pan out... Thanks !!

I was just referring to the style of the audio instructions and how they are not kind of "Turn NOW!" but more friendly :D

Sorry, Gotcha :thumbsup:.........I still like arguing with it though. I'm waiting for it to mispronounce a placename. Some don't sound right anyway. I reckon they should be in local dialect, so you get completely lost regardless in Glasgow. :).

never thought of trying that for a bit of fun :thumbsup:

Places we go and have to try will include Hawick ( hoick), Milngavie (mulguy), Kirkcudbright ( kerkoobrie) :)

Guys I would be removing them and fitting them to the new car so either way they wont be for sale. Sorry ....

Only bits I will have are the latest version of the Sat nav disc and the Lindop tuning box as I believe it is not transferable to the 150 BHP engine.... First things first though I have yet to sell the T180 ........................

How much are you asking for the T180 Rav, PM me if you don't want it on here.

Regards Pete.

How much are you asking for the T180 Rav, PM me if you don't want it on here.

Regards Pete.

PM sent..

They look like originals. Even have the double thickness case with the grey cover. I realise this is easy to fake but if the advert is to be believed, they ate genuine.

I don't even have E10, the DVD is just scone covers all Europe.

I have already been taken down a few dead ends so updating the maps is the main thing. Added audio control etc.. will be a bonus.

Just a thought Charlie, I know you won't be transfering the front guard 'cos it won't fit the new motor but............you may want to leave it on the T180, otherwise there will be holes in the front bumper. Not sure if you are aware of that but don't want you going to all the trouble of stripping it down and then finding out about the holes :rolleyes:

Rubber gromits David ? Mate I likely wont remove that part and if I trade it into Dons Dealer it will stay where it is.. But if I were to trade it into Westlands then I would remove it simply because the Sales Guy says it adds NO value whatsoever and to take everything off !!

They look like originals. Even have the double thickness case with the grey cover. I realise this is easy to fake but if the advert is to be believed, they ate genuine.

I don't even have E10, the DVD is just scone covers all Europe.

I have already been taken down a few dead ends so updating the maps is the main thing. Added audio control etc.. will be a bonus.

I missed the bit in Your original post where You said Originals ???

You would have got a completely different set of answers if You had said original discs ?

If they are genuine and original You wont have a problem.. If they are sextons then You may have the same issues I had namely they did not work .....