Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Radio 58812 Problem

james-rav4

Hi , the radio of our rav4 4.2 2002 has decided to play up.

no sound at all

cd wont eject

doesn't see the cd thats in there

also get ERR1 in the display when pressing the cd button

any ideas please?

cheers

james

Hi , the radio of our rav4 4.2 2002 has decided to play up.

no sound at all

cd wont eject

doesn't see the cd thats in there

also get ERR1 in the display when pressing the cd button

any ideas please?

cheers

james

Sounds like the Main Processor has given up James, exactly as ma wife's did (same CD/Radio in a 2004 3 door but also controls 6 disc changer). Fix is on eBay with a company near Stirling, who replace processor at a whopping great £99.50 !!!! Fitting another make is always an option, but also search eBay as they come up from time to time.

Big Kev

well, one forum member has just taken his out and another is about to I think, so they may well be up for a deal on the removed ones :)

oh great !!

think I'll see if any come up on eBay but then that could go pop too at some point.

any actually know what the fix is as I'm pretty good with electronics?

Reminded me of Kev's fault.

Just check everything is OK with the rear connectors. There's actually two "bits" in one box with some of these units and they communicate through connections on the rear connectors (iebus). Bizzare, but true. If the bus is not connected through the rear, you can get similar problems.

You've probably already checked. Probably not that, but worth a go.

oh great !!

think I'll see if any come up on ebay but then that could go pop too at some point.

any actually know what the fix is as I'm pretty good with electronics?

if you do all the basics as shcm suggests, and the bleeder has shut down like my wife's did (exactly that....shut down certain functions) and you can identify what and where the faulty processor is, and get one on a use or return basis, and can fit it youself, and keep your temper when all around you are buying new Rav SR vehicles, then you are a hombre my man....

Big Kev

oh great !! think I'll see if any come up on ebay but then that could go pop too at some point. any actually know what the fix is as I'm pretty good with electronics?
if you do all the basics as shcm suggests, and the bleeder has shut down like my wife's did (exactly that....shut down certain functions) and you can identify what and where the faulty processor is, and get one on a use or return basis, and can fit it youself, and keep your temper when all around you are buying new Rav SR vehicles, then you are a hombre my man.... Big Kev

I'm not that good !!! ;)

think i'll start by checking all the connectors and take it from there .

is the radio easy to get out ?

is there a how too somewhere ?

check out scorpians recent post and it is all in there nicely explained :thumbsup:

cheers I'll take a look

weird , the radio came back on this morning!!

there was a 'thump' in the Speakers and on it came.

could be bad connection somewhere, will check it out soon.

there was a 'thump' in the speakers and on it came.

Hope you're lucky then, James, coz wife's "acted up" for a couple of weeks then breathed its last.....

Good News Kev....?

Reminded me of Kev's fault.

Just check everything is OK with the rear connectors. There's actually two "bits" in one box with some of these units and they communicate through connections on the rear connectors (iebus). Bizzare, but true. If the bus is not connected through the rear, you can get similar problems.

You've probably already checked. Probably not that, but worth a go.

Thats just what I was about to say ................................................. :D

there was a 'thump' in the speakers and on it came.

Hope you're lucky then, James, coz wife's "acted up" for a couple of weeks then breathed its last.....

Good News Kev....?

Just remembered something really important, Jamesy....as the TEMPERATURE increased, the fault went away for a few days (November 2009), then back came the cold.....solder joint perhaps....? JISTAWEEFOT.....

had the radio out, nothing unusual so just pulled all the plugs off and reseated them.

will see what happens