Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Which Diesel Additive Is Best ?

rambler

Hi folks

Well,after useing some "Delpli diesel + " additive for last week or two,this seems to have improved my engine's performance.

But my local garage are struggling to obtain more of the above.

So its off to Halfords to buy some different stuff,....

Which is best please,Diesel-tox, Wynns, Redex.....there are a few to choose from.

Anyone had any experiences.......

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dervdave

• Mistermena

• local hero

• rambler

I have been reliably informed that one called Archoil 6200 for fuel and Archoil 9100 for oil is the way to go, The 6200 is added in small amounts to every fill up so offers permanant protection and will make ANY fuel better than V power etc..You will have to order it though as its not readilly available....Stew

I can't believe I'm reading this! There has been so much recently posted on this subject here, surely we don't need to open yet another new discussion on it.

Try a search for

- Wynn's

- Millers

- Fuel quality

- Cetane

for a start.

Roll-on some helpful topic categories!

Slightly impatiently,

Chris

I can't believe I'm reading this! There has been so much recently posted on this subject here, surely we don't need to open yet another new discussion on it. Try a search for - Wynn's - Millers - Fuel quality - Cetane for a start. Roll-on some helpful topic categories! Slightly impatiently, Chris

Haway Chris your at liberty not to read the thread, the OP has asked a legitimate question and if people want to reply its up to them. :huh:

Personally I like reading about peoples different attitudes and experiences with diesel additives and putting in my 2p worth.

I agree with Dave on this one to!... If you dont want to read it or give a opinion, then thats upto you! There will be lots of people on the forum asking questions that have been discussed before! But thats not a problem as I see it!... So............................ I'll say it BG244! I feel so much better now! LMAO (That was especially for my mate Scott! :P)

Me and Dave put in on our Cornflakes in the morning! That why we run hotter than any other diesel owner on this forum! Hahahahahaha

I can't believe I'm reading this! There has been so much recently posted on this subject here, surely we don't need to open yet another new discussion on it. Try a search for - Wynn's - Millers - Fuel quality - Cetane for a start. Roll-on some helpful topic categories! Slightly impatiently, Chris

Haway Chris your at liberty not to read the thread, the OP has asked a legitimate question and if people want to reply its up to them. :huh:

Personally I like reading about peoples different attitudes and experiences with diesel additives and putting in my 2p worth.

As Dave says :yes:

I have been reliably informed that one called Archoil 6200 for fuel and Archoil 9100 for oil is the way to go, The 6200 is added in small amounts to every fill up so offers permanant protection and will make ANY fuel better than V power etc..You will have to order it though as its not readilly available....Stew

Back on topic, I`m looking forward to trying Archoil 6200 when it becomes available in the UK ;)

Lol... I was going to say Rats pee Scott! hahahaha :eat:

Only the 2nd reply, your slipping :D ;)

Lol... I was going to say Rats pee Scott! hahahaha :eat:

Only the 2nd reply, your slipping :D ;)

Or I'm gettin old! :wheelchair::toot:

Ok,have bought some Wynn's from Halfords.

Pouring it in tomorrow before i re fuel.

If i buy BG 244,can i use that in a week or so with my next re fuel.....

Ok,have bought some Wynn's from halfords.

Pouring it in tomorrow before i re fuel.

If i buy BG 244,can i use that in a week or so with my next re fuel.....

Take the Wynns back and get a refund or exchange it for some Millers which you can use at every fill after you`ve used BG244

^^^^^^^^^ Good advise from the Davemister :bookworm: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :yes:

Some say he's :afro: from the waist down! :huh: I just think its because he drinks BG244! :nono: :nono: :oops::naughty::laughing:

The only thing I add to My diesel is more diesel .......... I cant recall how many times this has been discussed here and on other Forums and in the press...... Cobblers to wasting money on additives that are produced for generic engines if there is such a thing......

Survey after survey shows that vitamins are no use for most people.

Expensive HDMI cables perform no better than cheap ones (they only have to transmit 0 or 1)

If you want to convince yourself that an additive makes some difference , it's your money but I have never seen any scientific evidence that they work.

Sure people say the car is quieter, accelerates better etc -but they would wouldn't they?

The only thing I add to My diesel is more diesel .......... I cant recall how many times this has been discussed here and on other Forums and in the press...... Cobblers to wasting money on additives .

I thought you use the more expensive V-Power diesel Charlie ??

And its more expensive than normal diesel because of its ADDITIVES :D

Survey after survey shows that vitamins are no use for most people. Expensive HDMI cables perform no better than cheap ones (they only have to transmit 0 or 1) If you want to convince yourself that an additive makes some difference , it's your money but I have never seen any scientific evidence that they work. Sure people say the car is quieter, accelerates better etc -but they would wouldn't they?

I accept its your progative to believe that but I have actually used some that have gave me all the `proof` I wanted. :)

The only thing I add to My diesel is more diesel .......... I cant recall how many times this has been discussed here and on other Forums and in the press...... Cobblers to wasting money on additives .

I thought you use the more expensive V-Power diesel Charlie ??

And its more expensive than normal diesel because of its ADDITIVES :D

Bang on Dave You are correct. But I get an extra 60 to 70 miles out of the tank on long journeys.. In fact I have done nearly 400 miles today and once again the mileage is very good indeed.... Plus it is apparently cleaner and more sympathetic to the rather delicate engine in My car.... No placebo effect here Mate !!

images.jpg

I thought you use the more expensive V-Power diesel Charlie ?? And its more expensive than normal diesel because of its ADDITIVES :D
Bang on Dave You are correct. But I get an extra 60 to 70 miles out of the tank on long journeys.. In fact I have done nearly 400 miles today and once again the mileage is very good indeed.... Plus it is apparently cleaner and more sympathetic to the rather delicate engine in My car.... No placebo effect here Mate !! images.jpg

Yeah `proof` indeed additives are not all placebos :D

All fuels have an additive package for lots of reasons! In winter to help prevent waxing and lubs to keep the internal moving parts well oiled! Some "Super fuels" go one step further and add centane improvers as well as lots more! I believe that using additives (Especially in supermarket fuels) helps lube the system due now to the low sulpher (That was a lube) fuels that we have.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links