Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Which Diesel Additive Is Best ?

rambler

For all those with money to spare on ridiculous additives I have a great idea.....

Sponsor SCHM !!!

I have today spent a day with a very close and old Friend of some 38 years.. He is in the final stages of life... I had to go outside a couple of times and I'm not ashamed to admit I was close to tears ... Cancer is possibly the cruellest element that You or I will ever encounter !!

So there's a plan ??? Please at least think about it.. You could spend a tenner on something that may or may not give Your car a boost that is so small no tester has ever been able to detect it.....

Or You could put Your weight behind a very worth cause indeed ??

Whoa,whoa and whoa.........Mr

Now,i agree that cancer is a real killer and we must do everything in our power these days to find the cure....if ever possible.

Those mari curi ( however its spelt ) nurses do a outstanding job in the final days of one's life whom is suffering.

My father died of a heart attack back in 1999...at just 55 ! !,he had his first heart attack at 40 ( and ive just turned 40 !).

Im ok so far,keeping my colesterol down,walking & all ways excercising & keeping fit & eat sensibly.

I also swim regulally,i do 100 lengths of a 15 meter pool twice a week,without stopping....in one hour.

I then cycle most evenings ,at least 10 miles,then walk ( Ramble ) 8 to 14 miles every Sunday.

Just to try and avoid a heart attack and live past 55 !

So please ,whilst i agree with your cause,just avoid this thread,TBH i've got fed up of your engine issue's and don't read your posts on it....i've enough issue's of my own.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dervdave

• Mistermena

• local hero

• rambler

Thats possibly the most ridiculous post I've seen on this forum .....

Well cancer is terrible, and I also have lost my best mate, a few other friends, my dad, and mother in law with it, but the Topic here is fuel additives, and i am not trying run anyone down and fully appreciate the point Charlie is making,

But back on topic...........

A few of the cab drivers at work and i am told some London cabbies, have been do'ing some blind tests on an unknown product, This has been added to each tank of fuel in very small doses, not sure of the exact amount but not much more than a tablespoon to a full tank of fuel, Yes I too thought this was utter nonesence, but the 4 drivers i know personally have reported more urge, have sailed thru the emission test (council MOT+) every 6mths and even the test ctr have commented on lower than usual emissions. and drivers of these cabs have been regularly reporting 3 to 5mpg increases in fuel economy, for those who read my previous post, the MD of powerenhancers mentioned that they had been testing Archoil 6200 on cabs in various locations, so rightly or wrongly i am assuming this is the product my colleagues are trying out, all i can say is if there is an additive that can achieve these results then i for one am interested :thumbsup: Stew

Life's too short for this my man,move on.

Your absolutely right Jamie it is !! Or it certainly can be !! My wish was not to insult or wind up... Just a point perhaps made in the wrong place at the wrong time..

Sorry to hear of Your problems and issues. I really am.. But try a day with some one like My pal and things take on a slightly different light.

Your absolutely right Jamie it is !! Or it certainly can be !! My wish was not to insult or wind up... Just a point perhaps made in the wrong place at the wrong time..

Sorry to hear of Your problems and issues. I really am.. But try a day with some one like My pal and things take on a slightly different light.

No problem,i do though remember the very day when we ( me & my mum & sister) had to go to ipswich hospital,to see my dad........dead.

He had had his second heart attack whilst working,and to touch his cold pasty hand and hold it possibly for the last time....it changed my life.

FFS....this is tough.even now.....years later.

So if i get a little tender on ' the meaning of life ' bare with me. ( perhaps i should have PM this ).

Anyway.........let the show go on.

Well I hope it is good stuff Stew as it's $40 a half pint so goodness knows what it'll cost here :eek:

http://www.amazon.co...s/dp/B005WWO7YQ

I agree, but if its an equiv price here, $40 its roughly £25-50.. so a little dearer than BG244 but my mates at work are adding very small (using a syringe) amounts to each tank of fuel, and they are not using it with V Power..So i haven't got time to do the maths.. But it could work out to be cost effective, A lot of people myself included cannot see that such a tiny amount could possibly work, but i suppose you only need a drop of arsenic, which I may resort to if this topic gets anymore depressing :D :D C'mon guys lets lighten up a bit.. :group-cuddles: Stew

but my mates at work are adding very small (using a syringe) amounts to each tank of fuel,

If you go by the dosage (Isn't it 1 fl oz to 8 galls [uS not imperial]?) it's a dilution ratio of about 10,000 to 1 I think.

I still think to do this properly, I would hope the experiment would use say a tiny drop of diesel in some cases and this stuff in others, with each driver not knowing which was being put in. If the trial is being run by the makers/sellers they have obviously a vested interest.

1 fl.oz. to 8 USG = ratio of 1:1062. That's about the same as the W's, M's and BG...

C.

PS

If folk want to discuss bereavement and family tragedies, please have the consideration to open a Topic elsewhere, and not under Fuel Additives! How do you think this makes us look to the thousands worldwide who read our technical forum?

I missed a zero off. It's 1 floz to 80 gals. so is about 10k to 1.

Well cancer is terrible, and I also have lost my best mate, a few other friends, my dad, and mother in law with it, but the Topic here is fuel additives, and i am not trying run anyone down and fully appreciate the point Charlie is making, But back on topic........... A few of the cab drivers at work and i am told some London cabbies, have been do'ing some blind tests on an unknown product, This has been added to each tank of fuel in very small doses, not sure of the exact amount but not much more than a tablespoon to a full tank of fuel, Yes I too thought this was utter nonesence, but the 4 drivers i know personally have reported more urge, have sailed thru the emission test (council MOT+) every 6mths and even the test ctr have commented on lower than usual emissions. and drivers of these cabs have been regularly reporting 3 to 5mpg increases in fuel economy, for those who read my previous post, the MD of powerenhancers mentioned that they had been testing Archoil 6200 on cabs in various locations, so rightly or wrongly i am assuming this is the product my colleagues are trying out, all i can say is if there is an additive that can achieve these results then i for one am interested :thumbsup: Stew

It would be interesting to find out if it is Archoil 6200 or what it is if it isn`tStew

I missed a zero off. It's 1 floz to 80 gals. so is about 10k to 1.

That's quite some dilution! It will be interesting to see the MSDS sheet for this. Will chase it if it hasn't arrived by end of next week.

Chris

Right folks......

Have today received my BG244,poured the whole lot in along with 3/4 tank of........Shell....fuel save diesel.

As the nearest Shell V-power diesel station is out of my way by a few miles.

So hopefully in the next week or so and the future,i will have no more hesitating.

Time / miles will tell......gulp

I have done this on the back of the fact that i added that Adelphi + about 2 1/2 weeks ago ,and had only one ' knock ' from the engine during last weekend & about 200 miles since.

So it seems to have had an effect.......and may....i repeat may......have saved me £££'s on diagnostics.

Reminds me of homeopathy where the diluter the dose, the claim is that the stronger it is -an obvious contradiction to anyone with an ounce of common sense. Anyway on TV a few years ago the homeopaths claimed that water had some sort of memory even though scientists showed that there would be about one molecule per swimming pool. Still the power of the mind that wants to believe is strong.

Charlie I'm with you all the way.

Right folks...... Have today received my BG244,poured the whole lot in along with 3/4 tank of........Shell....fuel save diesel. As the nearest Shell V-power diesel station is out of my way by a few miles. So hopefully in the next week or so and the future,i will have no more hesitating. Time / miles will tell......gulp I have done this on the back of the fact that i added that Adelphi + about 2 1/2 weeks ago ,and had only one ' knock ' from the engine during last weekend & about 200 miles since. So it seems to have had an effect.......and may....i repeat may......have saved me £££'s on diagnostics.

Lets hope you see a continued improvement :)

Reminds me of homeopathy where the diluter the dose, the claim is that the stronger it is -an obvious contradiction to anyone with an ounce of common sense. Anyway on TV a few years ago the homeopaths claimed that water had some sort of memory even though scientists showed that there would be about one molecule per swimming pool. Still the power of the mind that wants to believe is strong.

Actually this could be easily read as an insult as is talk of `placebos`:huh:

Are you really suggesting that after driving vehicles for over 40yrs I`m unable to tell if an engine is running correctly and note any improvement through the use of an additive ?

Right folks......

Have today received my BG244,poured the whole lot in along with 3/4 tank of........Shell....fuel save diesel.

So hopefully in the next week or so and the future,i will have no more hesitating.

I have done this on the back of the fact that i added that Adelphi + about 2 1/2 weeks ago ,and had only one ' knock ' from the engine during last weekend & about 200 miles since.

So it seems to have had an effect.......and may....i repeat may......have saved me £££'s on diagnostics.

Rambs, should you not have let the Adelphi + and i think you mentioned some Wynns run through your system first, If i am understanding you correctly you have multipe additives in there,which may be counter productive, on the other hand you will have the cleanest engine on the Forum, Except for Anchs :D Stew

Right folks......

Rambs, should you not have let the Adelphi + and i think you mentioned some Wynns run through your system first, If i am understanding you correctly you have multipe additives in there,which may be counter productive, on the other hand you will have the cleanest engine on the Forum, Except for Anchs :D Stew

Charlie I'm with you all the way.

Not trying to be clever here, but are we not being a bit contradictive when the staunchest users of V Power etc, which is ordinary diesel with additives, and the biggest arguers against supermarket fuels, which is supposedly ordinary fuel without additives, are the strongest opponents of additives, I am very confused :unsure: :(

Right folks...... Have today received my BG244,poured the whole lot in along with 3/4 tank of........Shell....fuel save diesel. As the nearest Shell V-power diesel station is out of my way by a few miles. So hopefully in the next week or so and the future,i will have no more hesitating. Time / miles will tell......gulp I have done this on the back of the fact that i added that Adelphi + about 2 1/2 weeks ago ,and had only one ' knock ' from the engine during last weekend & about 200 miles since. So it seems to have had an effect.......and may....i repeat may......have saved me £££'s on diagnostics.
Reminds me of homeopathy where the diluter the dose, the claim is that the stronger it is -an obvious contradiction to anyone with an ounce of common sense. Anyway on TV a few years ago the homeopaths claimed that water had some sort of memory even though scientists showed that there would be about one molecule per swimming pool. Still the power of the mind that wants to believe is strong. Charlie I'm with you all the way.
Not trying to be clever here, but are we not being a bit contradictive when the staunchest users of V Power etc, which is ordinary diesel with additives, and the biggest arguers against supermarket fuels, which is supposedly ordinary fuel without additives, are the strongest opponents of additives, I am very confused :unsure: :(

Yeah your right thats exactly what I`ve tried to explain to Charlie but he seems unable or unwilling to accept it. :)

It goes without saying that petrol additives are different to the diesel ones and to my mind although similar are used for slightly different reasons & not quite so necessery. ;)

Fully appreciate that Dave. However, the underlying principles are similar surely?

This piece is specific to diesel additives and, though from a an additive manufacturers point of view, seems fairly well balanced too:

http://www.easterngreenway.ca/technical/all_about_additives.html

This seems quite a balanced and logical view:

http://auto.howstuff...fectiveness.htm

Mixed feelings on that although very readable, Firstly, no matter that we all like to believe our Ravs are good performers, they really are NOT performance vehicles so should not require higher octane fuel, secondly he says that some additives are beneficial to clean injectors, lubricate pumps etc, well that is all any of the better additives including V POWER claim to do, but surely an engine that is cleaner, and better lubricated etc will return a better MPG, not better than the engine was designed to achieve originally but better than an engine for example with a blocked EGR, which we ALL know about.. Honestly just my opinion and like most on here i am a bit dubious about additives, but i am also dubious about the merits of different fuels...Stew

Fully appreciate that Dave. However, the underlying principles are similar surely? This piece is specific to diesel additives and, though from a an additive manufacturers point of view, seems fairly well balanced too: http://www.easterngreenway.ca/technical/all_about_additives.html

Yep it helps explain things to anyone who is interested in the use of diesel additives albeit from a slightly biased retailers viewpoint :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links