Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Which Diesel Additive Is Best ?

rambler

Hi Chris,

I responded to your email asking for you to call me to discuss. Just to assure you that we have nothing to hide here. MSDS sheets are normally provided to companies that need to store and handle large quantities of product. However, we are happy to provide copies to the public provided they are used responsibly.

Please note that the purpose of an MSDS is to highlight hazardous substances ONLY as defined in REACH, CLP and EINECS. An MSDS will only provide limited information on product formulation and not an exhaustive list of ingredients. Nor will it provide any data on the manufacturing process, which plays a significant part, sometimes more than the substances themselves. Many additives actually deliver a “process” or “chemical reaction” rather than just a chemical.

Just bear in mind that if anyone is trying to use an MSDS for that reason and not its intended purpose then it is not being used in a responsible manner.

We have a variety of different fuel additive based products and very few look or smell the same. I would strongly advise against deliberately smelling any type of fuel additive!

We will soon be revealing a lot of information concerning additives, the different types, properties and which you should use and why. Also, the reason why results appear inconsistent and so on. However, we would like to go through due process and register as a forum sponsor before doing so.

If anyone can assist us with this then I would be grateful if you could contact me?

Kind regards,

Andy

Fuel additive "evaluation"

Just a small point, but when trying to compare what Brand X, Additive Y or Cleaner Z might do for your engine, don't forget that a given additive will remain in the tank and system for a considerable time after the tankful that it was put into, so moving on to the next additive with the next tankful doesn't make much sense! I suppose you really should run at least couple of tankfuls "additive free" between trials, not least to prevent one additive actually mixing with another!

As promised, I have requested MSDS sheets from Archoil and for the BG244, but nothing has been received. I will chase these both now, and collate and post the info.

BTW, has anyone else noticed that several of these additives all look the same and smell the same (bit like an overpowering diesel aroma) ? Hardly surprising, I suppose.

Chris

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dervdave

• Mistermena

• local hero

• rambler

Now thats good to have Andy on the forum! Welcome to TOC :)

I think you're going to be asked lots of questions about BG244 and the other BG products. You'll need to contact Steve (Admin) and he'll sort the process of being a reg trader one here.

Hi Andy, and welcome to our club, I am sure your input will be very welcome on here, and hopefully your knowledge of these products and the merits of different fuels will help to dispel some of the conflicts which this evocative topic seem to have raised..We are generally a very friendly club although we all seem to have differing views on fuel merits and the use of additives, some claiming they are no more than SNAKE OIL and others true believers, and the agument for and against V power fuel and supermarket fuel (weasel pee) has gone on for years, It will be very interesting to have input from someone who actually knows what he is talking about, :yes: Although I fear there will always be an element of (well he would say that wouldn't he) again welcome to our club :thumbsup:

Hello Andy, very good to see you here ;)

Archoil 6200 and BG244 products

My request for MSDS data sheets for the two products above have interestingly both tracked back to the same UK company, Powerenhancer.co.uk in Norfolk, of which Andy Archer is M.D. Powerenhancer is, I understand, the UK agent for Evergreen America Inc's Archoil 6200, and well as a distributor for BG244. (I hope I've got all this right.)

Andy Archer responded very quickly to my request for the data sheets, but before I could phone him, Andy had contacted our forum, and posted the above.

It looks as if we will have no shortage of information on these products, and I'd like to give Andy reassurance that it is certainly not our intention to mis-use product information, nor to indulge in any illicit brewing, sniffing or anything else! The forum correspondence on the topic of diesel fuel additives has revealed the immense interest and experience of many of our members with some of these products, and we'd all like to take this to a better level of understanding, in order to get the best from our vehicles and available fuels.

As part of this exercise, I would hope that Andy could provide the MSDS sheets requested, either by posting the information here, or by private e-mail.

Chris

I put BG244 in to my 2001 Rav D4D and decide to run it for 1000 miles before posting any results.

Before putting in BG244 I was averaging 37.2 - 37.6 mpg with the on board computer display.

After running for 1000 miles with BG244 in I am now averaging 37.4-37.6 mpg.

So no improvment at all to the fuel consumption.

As for easier starting no noticeable difference.

Smooth running no noticeable difference.

Overall no noticeable difference.

I did ask the manufacturers? if this would help clean the turbo and was told that it would.

During the past 1000 miles the engine management light has come on 3 times (due to turbo overboost? I will have to ask the garage again about that but they did say each time they checked it when the light came on the fault code was for the turbo)) the last time being 3 days ago so no improvement there either.

So all in all over 1000 of use no improvement and the waste of £20+ pounds.

Cheers JIm

£20 ? :lol:

Canna win `em all Jim

Canna win `em all Jim

LOL well it was over £20 but I cant remember how much.

But that is nearly the price of 3 gallons of diesel up here & every penny counts :).

Powerenhancers have a 100% refund policy if your not happy with the stuff. I'd be getting on the email to them and make use of there policy :fireman:

Hi Chris,

I responded to your email asking for you to call me to discuss. Just to assure you that we have nothing to hide here. MSDS sheets are normally provided to companies that need to store and handle large quantities of product. However, we are happy to provide copies to the public provided they are used responsibly.

Please note that the purpose of an MSDS is to highlight hazardous substances ONLY as defined in REACH, CLP and EINECS. An MSDS will only provide limited information on product formulation and not an exhaustive list of ingredients. Nor will it provide any data on the manufacturing process, which plays a significant part, sometimes more than the substances themselves. Many additives actually deliver a “process” or “chemical reaction” rather than just a chemical.

Just bear in mind that if anyone is trying to use an MSDS for that reason and not its intended purpose then it is not being used in a responsible manner.

We have a variety of different fuel additive based products and very few look or smell the same. I would strongly advise against deliberately smelling any type of fuel additive!

We will soon be revealing a lot of information concerning additives, the different types, properties and which you should use and why. Also, the reason why results appear inconsistent and so on. However, we would like to go through due process and register as a forum sponsor before doing so.

If anyone can assist us with this then I would be grateful if you could contact me?

Kind regards,

Andy

Fuel additive "evaluation"

Just a small point, but when trying to compare what Brand X, Additive Y or Cleaner Z might do for your engine, don't forget that a given additive will remain in the tank and system for a considerable time after the tankful that it was put into, so moving on to the next additive with the next tankful doesn't make much sense! I suppose you really should run at least couple of tankfuls "additive free" between trials, not least to prevent one additive actually mixing with another!

As promised, I have requested MSDS sheets from Archoil and for the BG244, but nothing has been received. I will chase these both now, and collate and post the info.

BTW, has anyone else noticed that several of these additives all look the same and smell the same (bit like an overpowering diesel aroma) ? Hardly surprising, I suppose.

Chris

Contact Steve for joining as a sponsor.

Thanks;

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showuser=18

Canna win `em all Jim

LOL well it was over £20 but I cant remember how much.

But that is nearly the price of 3 gallons of diesel up here & every penny counts :).

Every penny counts no matter where you are Jim. :D

Until you tried BG244 you didn`t know if it would work or not with your probem, your fuel system will be cleaner though ;)

I put BG244 in to my 2001 Rav D4D and decide to run it for 1000 miles before posting any results.

Before putting in BG244 I was averaging 37.2 - 37.6 mpg with the on board computer display.

I did ask the manufacturers? if this would help clean the turbo and was told that it would.

During the past 1000 miles the engine management light has come on 3 times (due to turbo overboost? I will have to ask the garage again about that but they did say each time they checked it when the light came on the fault code was for the turbo)) the last time being 3 days ago so no improvement there either.

Cheers JIm

Hi Jim

I've done the same as you,although hav'nt covered the mileage you have,I put BG244 in about a month ago now and done approx 600 miles since.

Although i have started useing Shell V power diesel just purely on recommendation.

It " seems " to run quieter,more power once its fully warmed up

Wether its done any good is another matter,as i cant see " in " my fuel system.

Cheers JIm

Hi Jim

I've done the same as you,although hav'nt covered the mileage you have,I put BG244 in about a month ago now and done approx 600 miles since.

Although i have started useing Shell V power diesel just purely on recommendation.

Unfortunately I don't have the option of choosing which brand of fuel to put in as there is only one supply to the Islands.

So I can only give my opinion on how the BG244 with standard diesel.

Cheers JIm

Hi Jim

Unfortunately I don't have the option of choosing which brand of fuel to put in as there is only one supply to the Islands.

So I can only give my opinion on how the BG244 with standard diesel.

Fair comment......i used to use Tesco ,but not any more,will only use a Branded fuel now.

Any idea what fuel gets supplied to the Shetlands / where it comes from ?

Under those circumstances I`d definately be using Millers at every fill ;)

diesel.jpg

Is it possible to know the price? Thanks.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

So.... Back to the Archoil 6200! is it better than BG244? I've just ordered both off Powerenhancers as they have a 20% discount atm and free postage...

So.... Back to the Archoil 6200! is it better than BG244? I've just ordered both off Powerenhancers as they have a 20% discount atm and free postage...

6200 is a different type of additive to BG244 ie its a fuel modifier used at every fill

The 6400 I mentioned in my earlier post is similar to BG 244 in that its used as a once every 10k to clean the fuel system ;)

Cheers my mate for clearing that one up for me. So better Mpg on the 6200 or the 244? :drunk:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links