Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4.2 Trip Computer Resetting

Tech01

It's probably just me, but I've just realised that resetting the trip computer (on the radio fascia) back to 'zero' isn't as straightforward as I thought.

Hitting Trip-Navi button will display Av.Mpg, Av.Speed or Instantaneous Mpg. Holding the button down will 'zero' what is already displayed (eg Av.Mpg), but it will leave the other two items untouched.

To reset everything, first display Av.Mpg and then hold down to zero it; then display and reset the other two in turn. So there are three things to reset, if that's what you want to do, and not one!

Probably just me.

C.

Mine has no trip option, even though in the spec sheets its advertised as having so.

The sat nav unit does not have this option,

False advertising?

It's probably just me, but I've just realised that resetting the trip computer (on the radio fascia) back to 'zero' isn't as straightforward as I thought.

Hitting Trip-Navi button will display Av.Mpg, Av.Speed or Instantaneous Mpg. Holding the button down will 'zero' what is already displayed (eg Av.Mpg), but it will leave the other two items untouched.

To reset everything, first display Av.Mpg and then hold down to zero it; then display and reset the other two in turn. So there are three things to reset, if that's what you want to do, and not one!

Probably just me.

C.

Caught me oot a year ago too Chris....slightly antiquated but getting auld anyway.

Big Kev

Mine has no trip option, even though in the spec sheets its advertised as having so.

The sat nav unit does not have this option,

False advertising?

jedi134 - we meet again! When I bought my Xt5 in April 2005, I too was mystified that, although all the leaflets, brochures etc. stated that ALL models were fitted with the cruise information i.e. miles/ gallon etc, my Xt5 did not. Even the salesperson after my complaint thought that I was mistaken, but later agreed that it was not on the Xt5!!. It WAS a clear case of miss-selling by Toyota albiet a minor one. No-one ever apologised. I am comforted by the fact that I am not the only one upset by this.

Yep the sat nav unit dosent have this function, we should be compensated :D

False advertising.....Boo! Trading standards :thumbsup:

We should get free upto date satnav discs, for this rubbish sat nav unit as a good will gesture :P

Yep the sat nav unit dosent have this function, we should be compensated :D

False advertising.....Boo! Trading standards :thumbsup:

We should get free upto date satnav discs, for this rubbish sat nav unit as a good will gesture :P

I completely agree. Anymore Xt5 owners out there???!!!