Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Newbie Needs Help, Ecu Problems

ukbilla99

Hi,

Hope you can help me with my Yaris...

I have a 2003 phase 2 1.0 yaris, which recently started to run rough, apparently a lambda sensor.

Anyway, i had it replaced and it made it a little better but not much.

I had it checked out with the diagnostics and it seems that the ecu is knackered....

Is it possible to get one from the breakers and have it fitted or is it more complicated?

Any advice appreciated.

Hi,

Hope you can help me with my Yaris...

I have a 2003 phase 2 1.0 yaris, which recently started to run rough, apparently a lambda sensor.

Anyway, i had it replaced and it made it a little better but not much.

I had it checked out with the diagnostics and it seems that the ecu is knackered....

Is it possible to get one from the breakers and have it fitted or is it more complicated?

Any advice appreciated.

It is not a simple job as it has to be programmed to the immobiliser and the key fob. You say you had it checked with diagnostics, what were the fault codes on which the descision that the ECU was faulty were made? Toyota ECU's are normally very reliable unless they have been physically damaged.

Regards Geoff Peace.

Geoff I am really interested in what you say about the ECU's being reliable. We have a MMT 1.0 on a 2004 plate which RRG says is running horribly (over-revving, not changing gear etc) and apparently it's a £1500-£2000 repair which exceeds the car's value. Can you give anymore info on the fault codes and possible remedy etc????????? BTW I hate RRG: Their attitude is bad and if I find out this may not be an ECU fault my attitude with them will be bad. :-)

Geoff I am really interested in what you say about the ECU's being reliable. We have a MMT 1.0 on a 2004 plate which RRG says is running horribly (over-revving, not changing gear etc) and apparently it's a £1500-£2000 repair which exceeds the car's value. Can you give anymore info on the fault codes and possible remedy etc????????? BTW I hate RRG: Their attitude is bad and if I find out this may not be an ECU fault my attitude with them will be bad. :-)

The clue to your question is in the fact that you have a MMT gearbox. This is a very different kettle of fish. The faults you describe may be due to the engine ECU, the ECU for the gearbox or a combination of the two. I have no experience of this particular transmission but I believe it can be problematic. If you are dissatisfied with your dealer, I can say that I have dealt with W. H. Moon, the dealer in Wigan for many years and have found them to be first class. As you are in Lancashire it may be well worth a second opinion. ECU's are normally very reliable unless they have been physically damaged,been subjected to voltage spikes or been in contact with water. I your position I would think Moons would be your best bet. Hope this helps.

Regards Geoff Peace.