Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warning Buzzer/beeper, What Could It Be ?

pgp001

Over the past twelve months I have only heard this three times, I cannot for the life of me think what it could be.

Today I started the engine and just as I started to move forwards on the drive, this beeper/buzzer lets out approx six very short high pitched beeps.

The radio was not switched on at all, my Parrot hands free kit is linked to the radio, but again my mobile was not even switched on.

I have reversing beepers, but I was in first gear at the time, so its not that either.

There does not appear to be any problems with the car at all, so does anyone here have any idea what this noise is trying to tell me ?

Like I said, It has only happened three times in the year that I have had the car so its a bit of a mystery.

Thanks

Phil

I also heard a similar bleeping from my Rav4 this week. We were driving in traffic around 20mph in the dry when the car made a few bleeps. It had me puzled, the only thing I can think it was is the VSC warning but I don't remember the light flashing and it was a dry straight road?

Any ideas, its definitly not anything seat belt related, as this is dissabled.

Seatbelt warning buzzer?

As Jedi suggests, are you placing a heavy bag or attache case on passenger seat ?

Big Kev

Did that model have an outside temp warning? (ice) Diff lock button? door not fully closed?

Any corresponding lights on the dash? Alarm accidently activated ? handbrake on? something on passenger seat? seatbelt not fully home? Just guessing really :unsure: Stew

Funny you posting this Phil as i was gonna post a similar question.

Mrs P came home from work the other night and there was two beeps just as she had got out the Rav.

We didn't notice any lights on the dash flash or owt,so any ideas what that might have been??

Mrs P came home from work the other night and there was two beeps just as she had got out the Rav.

We didn't notice any lights on the dash flash or owt,so any ideas what that might have been??

On the 4.2 if you don't properly shut any door on parking up, and try to set alarm / lock as usual with key fob., you will get warning beeps, Paul, and car wullnae lock until you go back and FULLY REOPEN THE DOOR, close properly, and set/lock.

Big Kev (caught out more than once....)

None of the above I am afraid.

All doors were fully closed.

Seat belt buzzer is disabled.

It does not have any VSC or diff lock switches.

There are and never have been any warning lights on the dash other than at start up when they should be on.

I did wonder about an ice warning, but as it has never done it before this winter that seems unlikely.

Still puzzled, but it does not seem to have affected anything else.

Phil

On the 4.2 if you don't properly shut any door on parking up, and try to set alarm / lock as usual with key fob., you will get warning beeps, Paul, and car wullnae lock until you go back and FULLY REOPEN THE DOOR, close properly, and set/lock.

Cheers Kev.

But Mrs P was sort of half way out the car when the the noise happened.

The ignition/lights had been turned off for a while,while she sorted all her stuff out,as she normally dooes,and we hadn't heared this beep beep noise before on either Rav :huh:

The only other time I've heard a beep,beep, is when watching the road runner cartoon :D

But joking aside, the other time I've heard it is when I disconnect the car Battery, the alarm let's out around 6 beeps?

Could it be a loose wire somewhere?

Cheers Kev.

But Mrs P was sort of half way out the car when the the noise happened.

The ignition/lights had been turned off for a while,while she sorted all her stuff out,as she normally dooes,and we hadn't heared this beep beep noise before on either Rav :huh:

If the keys are in the ignition and the door is open this will cause a warning beep :thumbsup: Stew