Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Easy Scangauge Mounting Place On The Rav 4.2

Scorpion-gb

Found a great place to mount the Scangauge (if you don't smoke in the car). Just run the wire under the dash from the OBD port and then bring it through the back of the ashtray.

Use some sticky back Velcro to fasten the Scangauge to the ashtray and the facia, sit the unit in the astray and close the ashtray until the unit is held firmly in place by the Velco. Simples!

Scangauge005.jpg

I also managed to upload a more suitable Splash Screen to my new head unit as it had a VW one on when I bought it.

Scangauge006.jpg

Very neat Jim :thumbsup: and how are you finding the Scangauge? ....Stew

Thanks, guys. Only fitted it yesterday Stew and haven't moved the car since! I'll let you know how I get on after a few days, there may be some questions coming your way. ;)

Found a great place to mount the Scangauge (if you don't smoke in the car). Just run the wire under the dash from the OBD port and then bring it through the back of the ashtray.

Use some sticky back Velcro to fasten the Scangauge to the ashtray and the facia, sit the unit in the astray and close the ashtray until the unit is held firmly in place by the Velco. Simples!

Scangauge005.jpg

I also managed to upload a more suitable Splash Screen to my new head unit as it had a VW one on when I bought it.

Scangauge006.jpg

Hi scorpion

Looking at your picture I've got a F910BT in the Mrs's car, is it easy to change the splash screen? She wants a picture of kids in there. In all fairness it's probably straightforward but I've not even had a look at it yet. She tends to use it for the iPhone and occasionally Nav.also where did you mount the GPS aerial? I ran it through to the "A" pillar but she thinks the navigation is slow? But I've not been in her Rav to check it I'm assuming it's just her not concentrating ;-)

Quite easy, mate. Make a folder on an SD card called Pictures, transfer the picture you want from the computer to the Pictures folder on the SD card (800 pixels wide by 480 high is the recommended resolution). Put the SD card into the slot in the head unit and turn it on.

Go to > Settings> System Settings>Splash Screen> Import From SD Card

Touch the Import From SD Card button and it will show the picture in the folder on the card. Select the picture and import, next time the head unit boots up it will have the new splash screen.

If you have any problems just give me a shout.

handy location you found there :thumbsup:

I had my TPMS mounted there and good for glances down to check info. Played around much with it yet?

I had my TPMS mounted there and good for glances down to check info. Played around much with it yet?

Not really, I haven't done the first full tank set up prodedure yet, consequently my MPG is showing as 14 mpg! I never do a full tank fill up, I just normally stick £30 worth of diesel in and run it until the gauge is just below 1/4 full. I guess this could be a problem in gauging my MPG as there is no way that I'm filling up to the brim everytime! :eek:

I'll do the first and second tank full to the brim thing but after that it'll be back to my £30 fill ups.

I've also noticed that it doesn't seem to save my average mpg, as everytime I turn the ignition off and on again it resets to zero, any ideas?

Quite easy, mate. Make a folder on an SD card called Pictures, transfer the picture you want from the computer to the Pictures folder on the SD card (800 pixels wide by 480 high is the recommended resolution). Put the SD card into the slot in the head unit and turn it on.

Go to > Settings> System Settings>Splash Screen> Import From SD Card

Touch the Import From SD Card button and it will show the picture in the folder on the card. Select the picture and import, next time the head unit boots up it will have the new splash screen.

If you have any problems just give me a shout.

Thanks i'll give it a go on weekend

Ash

Not really, I haven't done the first full tank set up prodedure yet, consequently my MPG is showing as 14 mpg! I never do a full tank fill up, I just normally stick £30 worth of diesel in and run it until the gauge is just below 1/4 full. I guess this could be a problem in gauging my MPG as there is no way that I'm filling up to the brim everytime! :eek:

I'll do the first and second tank full to the brim thing but after that it'll be back to my £30 fill ups.

I've also noticed that it doesn't seem to save my average mpg, as everytime I turn the ignition off and on again it resets to zero, any ideas?

the larger the fill up the more accurate the gauge will be, but even a brim then another brim with just couple of gallons used will make it pretty spot on.

Re reset of MPG on ignition off/on, there are lots of fuel consumption displays ...... Instant, current, daily, yesterday, and tank. The CURRENT one will do what you are seeing. Maybe you have chosen that one without realising?

my info is for my Scangauge II . Yours may be a little different in that respect?

Not really relevent but always remember a car salesman saying that if you smoked in your car, it costs you up to £500 off the trade-in value of the car!!!!!

Regards Clare

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links