Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Not A Good Start To My New Rav4

bluebones

hi, as a lot of you may know i had loads of problems with the last rav4, so it went to the sin bin, anyway i was looking into buying a diesel one that i posted on here, well we ended up buying it, he was a top bloke, totally genuine and everyone was happy.

Today i noticed something was not right as the rear caliper was sticking as smelt if the rear brake was burning, upon inspection i found this, not a big problem but not exactly safe.

Lucky i had only changed the rear brakes on the old rav 3 weeks ago, and only 1 side of the old rav (pads) was nackered, so still had the good pads left, otherwise the missus would be without a motor again.

post-115192-0-41563300-1330886474_thumb.

hi, as a lot of you may know i had loads of problems with the last rav4, so it went to the sin bin, anyway i was looking into buying a diesel one that i posted on here, well we ended up buying it, he was a top bloke, totally genuine and everyone was happy.

Today i noticed something was not right as the rear caliper was sticking as smelt if the rear brake was burning, upon inspection i found this, not a big problem but not exactly safe.

Lucky i had only changed the rear brakes on the old rav 3 weeks ago, and only 1 side of the old rav (pads) was nackered, so still had the good pads left, otherwise the missus would be without a motor again.

Good grief, George....will put on my own lottery ticket, thanks.....you obviously will, but have a right good check at the disc it came off......

Only way is up.....?

Big Kev

The rear calipers are the weak spot on the 4.2. You might find the abutments are worn where the pads touch the caliper and they rattle even with the brakes off. It is usually caused by the discs being slightly worn which gives the pads a rub every turn so they are constantly being knocked about. That might have been the beginning of the end for the pad material.

Assumming this is the car from last week, did the "All of our cars come with a 50 point RAC check for peace of mind" not involve taking the wheels off and checking the brakes????

Assumming this is the car from last week, did the "All of our cars come with a 50 point RAC check for peace of mind" not involve taking the wheels off and checking the brakes????

Good point from Cabz there, George, if you did purchase from a retailer who promised a "50 point check"....I would be smearing Germoloids Ointment on that brake pad if he says brakes were checked....

Big Kev

all was ok for the first day, this must of happened on day 2 as a rattle appeared that seamed to come and go, no real problem but wanted to high light what can happen as ive never come across this before,

The main thing is, the missus is happy and that dam EML light is not on.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links