Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tdi-Tuning Box

Uncle Buck

What are the gains/improvements on the 2.0 with the Lindop one? I'll try to get one after Christmas if reasonably good.

I have looked at these. But cant find any decent reviews on the product. Will it work as its just tricking the engine/ecu. Locked ecu sucks

What are the gains/improvements on the 2.0 with the Lindop one? I'll try to get one after Christmas if reasonably good.

Which 2.0 engine do you want the info on? All of our boxes make around 25% extra torque, but more importantly, it smooths out the power delivery considerably

Cheap Chinese boxes which typically sell for £100-£150 on auction sites will trick the engine into thinking it is running colder than it is, this overfuels the car, and long term will cause engine / injector damage. Please do not confuse our kits with cheap imports, our kits are multi channel, made in Germany to TUV approval, they adjust fuel AND boost pressure for maximum efficiency. Take a look at our website and scroll down to the bottom of the screen, you will see plenty of testimonials

http://www.lindoptoyota.co.uk/diesel-performance-chip-kits.html

Mines a corolla 2.0 d4d, would like a tuning chip on mine in the next few months. Can you upgrade injectors? Intercooler etc

2008 Auris SR 2.0

Power with our box goes from a (probable) 166 BHP to just under 200 BHp (Dyno'd results) and torque is improved by 70 NM

We no longer do one for the Corolla 2.0 sorry

Kingo :thumbsup:

With the tuning box on my mates 2.2 I have gone out baiting civic type r and mk2 focus st and the likes ... So plenty capable and I have one on my 2.0 and I can still keep up with likes of above

The Focus ST has a great engine, but it's so damn heavy it blunts the performance. My modded Almera embarrassed one on the way to work a few years ago. This was not a 'racing' thing, he just couldn't keep up with me during an overtake & admitted as much afterwards.

To be fair my old rs turbo that was just stripped out and had a brake upgrade has made quite a few hot hatches even made my mates focus rs sweat on some b roads

But to make the likes of a civic type r look a bit daft in what is essentially seen as a poxy heavy noisy diesel

Shame on you Mr Ben ! Poxy, noisy & heavy ! Shock & horror ! You'll be expelled from the forum for such language :p

In all fairness, my 2.2 is the quietest & smoothest oil-burner I've ever driven :)

I love mine when warm it's silent and unbelievably smooth but these unicorn fart drivers think that all diesels are horrid ...

I love mine when warm it's silent and unbelievably smooth but these unicorn fart drivers think that all diesels are horrid ...

Lol ! Most of them have probably never driven a modern diesel anyway. I drove a 2014 1.6 Auris Sport yesterday & was quite shocked how weak it felt. Yes, I know mine has twice the torque output & more - but when you have to go down 2 gears to get any acceleration uphill ....... Lovely car otherwise, but just not enough spark in that engine for me. No offence to current shape owners intended, just a personal viewpoint.

See the smallest engine I have ever had is a 1.6 turbo everything else has been 2.0 upwards and all turbo charged ... Just because modern cars weigh so much it unreal u need a healthy 180 bhp just to get some proper movement

Id recommend a BlueFlame chip box. Think they are around 180 quid? Had mine fitted about a year now and it hugely improves the performance. Instead of a lump of power between 2 and 4K rpm, the car surges around 1700 and goes on to 4400. Overtaking in 6th at 70mph you dont need to change down to 5th. Its great fun! Mine dynoed 201bhp and 401nm torque. I have a K&N panel filter too.....cant say ive seen any of the claimed improvement in economy though. Hasnt worsened....but still onbly get 330miles on a tank (very much urban driving here and school runs).

Few! I started to notice significant hesitation, I thought it was my new tuning chip, but I disconnected it and still there just less obvious.

It dawned on me that I had grown accustomed to the hesitation as it had slowly onset, and the extra 30 or so BHP from the chip had accentuated it.

I'd also been experiencing a drop in MPG before the chip.

Anyway you know what I'm gonna say, it was the EGR valve, choked up to buggery!

Whilst my mechanic mate was putting my Eibach pro sports suspension kit on, I spent an hour dismantling and cleaning the EGR and its various connections, the base inlet manifold connection to the main valve housing was more than 50% constricted (done 60k and 1st clean) .

I'd researched it online but my setup was different, for one the valve was water cooled?! Anyway still easy to dismantle, just a couple of extra water pipes to take off and bung.

So short journey afterwards with chip reconnected the hesitation appears gone, but longer drive home today on the M1 to be absolutely sure.

I was well gutted it might have been the Lindop chip, as the extra performance transforms the car!

If anyone wants to buy my standard SR180 springs off me for £40 + postage (or you collect) let me know.

P.s also serviced the car, don't buy Maan oil filters, the large O ring was oversized, we had to use the old OEM ring. Going back to ORM for oil changes in future.