Newbie, Clutch And Water Leak Issues Help Please!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Mattypomp

• Registered Member
  • 2 posts
  • First Name:Mat
  • Gender*:Male
  • Toyota Model: Celica GT
  • Year: 1997

Posted 10 March 2012 - 02:51 AM

Hi Guys,

Thanks or the pleassant welcome to the forum.

The way my purchase went yesterday not sure this will be appropriate much longer!!

I feel like a complete t*at.

I bought a 97 silver GT yesterday via Ebay. Was drawn to a Toyota never having one before by it's reputation or reliability, lord I feel that's an oxymoron now. I'm wafling.

Basically, I'm not dumb but the car has a 10month MOT, quite a lot of service history, and owned my 2 women. The description stated 'Reliable' car so I didn't test drive it as I wasn't ensured until after I was comitted to buy. Barley 3 miles down the road, doing about 60mph in 5th I started tio get a clutch slip.

I didn't push the car hard but it happened twice more on the way home with some associated burning smell. Had a mechanic look at it today and confirmed clutch going.

Question, I know it's a hydraulic clutch but is there anyway of adjusting it, it's quite mild presently? I read you can adjust the screw under the pedal? Recommend any clutch garages?

I note this topic http://www.toyotaown...howtopic=103134

Secondly, Today I foundthe passenger footwell saturated in water. It was cold and didnt smell of coolant. Would this be heater matrix or displace grommet in bulkhead letting in water?

I trusted this woman when she said it was reliable as I'm honest but feel like a tit now.

Are these motors generally reliable?

Thanks for any info folks,

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Golden bay NZ

Golden bay NZ

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • First Name:Tony
  • Gender*:Male
  • Toyota Model: Toyota Celica SS3 VVTI Beams
  • Year: 1998

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:07 AM

Hows it going with that car?

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users