Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Boot Lighting

The mod for boot lighting was first posted in Sept 2007 - good one Anchs.

I know a lot of these mods have been done, what lights are/have you used? I am thinking of these but thought I should ask for recommendations before I leap in and modify panels http://www.ck-suppli...492&prodID=6514

On the old Rav I used Osram Linear dot-it's ok but not as conveniant as a automatic light connected to the door switch http://www.amazon.co...m/dp/B001C3KUMW

Many Thanks

Gus

The ones from CK look fine Gus but does the plastic bezel colour match the interior plastics?

I visited the local scrappy and found a pair from a couple of Vauhalls [Vectras If memory serves] and the colour match was OEM so looks like factory fit. Didn't cost more than a pint either.................

I bought one the same as fitted in the rear door. Not cheap though..

And installed it in the near-side boot panel...

The dealer had them in stock, so I assume a few people had done the same..

Mike

Gust I did mine with these, very simple one each side, very little drilling (3 tiny holes) didn't have to remove ANY interior panels and also fitted a switch,

extralighting011.jpg

extralighting017.jpg

extralighting013.jpg

extralighting015.jpg

I did a full post at the time, took less than 1 hour :thumbsup: Stew

I've done several lately and never take off the panels any more, just the boot tray and lip trim.

How easy is it to do this??

I would like to have one either side fitted as ours doesn't have a light on the door.

I've done several lately and never take off the panels any more, just the boot tray and lip trim.

interesting, I was trying to find the connector through the removable side panel, but couldnt see or feel it, might have a go at removing the boot tray and lip this weekend and see if I can find the connector.

Stew, where did you buy your switch from? is the quantity/quality of light good from the two 4 LED lights or could I get away with one?

edit: found a switch supplier http://www.thetoolboxshop.com/0-531-00-on-off-single-pole-miniature-round-rocker-switch-6a-4837-p.asp

Gus

I am going to have a go at this soon as well :)

Ref Switches, I was looking on Maplins.co.uk for a switch for another project and found they have a massive selection of switches available (round is best as much easier to make the hole for ;) )

You can pick up the pink and the blue wire through the driver side aperture and just cut the holes from inside the boot. Go to the fist light then piggy back to the second. Use duct tape to fix the wire to the back of the boot well and not the bottom.

You can pick up the pink and the blue wire through the driver side aperture and just cut the holes from inside the boot. Go to the fist light then piggy back to the second. Use duct tape to fix the wire to the back of the boot well and not the bottom.

Is this the one that brings them on automagically when the boot door is opened??

Is this the one that brings them on automagically when the boot door is opened??

I hope so :lol:

Don, I have had a look in the drivers side hole and canf find the connector even when following the cable bundle, all I can find is the bundle going past the opening, do you crack upen the bundle?

Gus

interesting, I was trying to find the connector through the removable side panel, but couldnt see or feel it, might have a go at removing the boot tray and lip this weekend and see if I can find the connector.

Stew, where did you buy your switch from? is the quantity/quality of light good from the two 4 LED lights or could I get away with one?

edit: found a switch supplier http://www.thetoolbo...h-6a-4837-p.asp

Gus

The light from them is pretty good and one may suffice, but its so simple to do both, i just eased off the bottom of the rear door rubber seal, ran the wire across to the N/S popped it under the plastic side panel and routed it where i wanted the 2nd light, i never needed to remove anything at all,I know some of you may scoff at this but if you just want extra light, in my 4.2 i simply stuck 2 of those round "poppet" LED Battery lights under the rear parcel shelf and they are STILL working after 7yrs (how often do you need your bootlight?? cost £9-99p for 4 :thumbsup: Stew, PS the switch was a DURITE one and are very very common at all auto electricians..

Yes you open up the loom and piggy back in. I will try to photograph tomorrow.

The lights will then come on along with that nice one that lights up your leg when you open the door!