Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Freetronic Gearbox Question

majik_thighs

I have a 2000 Yaris with the Freetronic gearbox. Works great, I bought this as a 1st car for my sons 21st.

This is the problem:

When I turn off the ignition theres a buzzing which comes from the direction what looks like a solenoid on the right hand (passengerside) side between the engine and the Battery. In the picture its just behind the brake fluid reservoir which you can see. If I take off the lid of the fuse box and remove the brown relay it stops....putting it back in it starts again but if I start the engine and then turn it off......I can then put the relay back in its place without the buzzing starting up. It has something to do with the gear selection because it wont go into gear without this relay and ive had a look at a couple of scrap cars which are manual transmission and they don't have the same relay or the (what looks like) solenoid etc.

Edit: It doesn't do this all the time.....but most of the time.

Any idea`s?

TIA.

post-118954-0-25023000-1331567094_thumb.

Edited by majik_thighs

Right, the noise is the pump ( hydrolic?) which powers the clutch, its supposed to prime the system and its usual for it to run on a little after the ignition is switched off but this one can run for ages, flattening the Battery. Ive ordered a replacement relay (fingers crossed) just in case thats all it is.

I can see this is rocket surgery :blink: with there being no one having a stab at it. :!Removed!:

:blowup:

• 11 months later...

Hi .my 1st time to use this web site .can any body help my freetronic light comes on and off in past two days i hope its only low level of fluid how ever i dont know which oil i should buy and where to top it up ? Any body please help .thanks