Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Information Overload/college Challenges

Red diesel

Right - we are in college now, we have 6 modules (subjects) to cover over a 12 week semester.

All very good and fine - trouble is however - there is a serious amount of learning per module.

No worries - a challenge is a fine thing - unfortunately though - whoever sets out the modules seems

to forget that the people who the module is being set out for (the students) also have 5 other modules to do.

Im not the most amazing person in the world for studying - but this wealth of information is overwhelming. Its like my brain thinks :censor: this - it can't be done - and thus its easier sometimes to bugger off and look up the internet and youtube etc.

I do study - but my brain seems to think - sorry Red diesel but this is just insane amounts of information to be processing.

How did other members here that have been to college deal with such a challenge.

Thanks a million for any advice offered

Red diesel

Being an NVQ Assessor I am used to my clients having the same gripe, so I will tell you what I tell them.

Plan your study to spread the workload but also have regular breaks i.e. move around , get a coffee and stretch.

Once you get into the system work becomes easier and less demanding.

You waste less time fruiting about on the web and the units get done.

If you can discipline yourself after a few weeks it becomes second nature.

Good luck with you studies...

You need to be focused on smaller "bite size" pieces, try not to do much all at once, you will be switched off and not want to go back to it if you bite off more than you can chew!

Once you complete a section, reward yourself with some time out, plan your day around these bite sized pieces and stick to the plan, your reward could be 15 minutes on youtube or something to eat or whatever it is that floats your boat. Break the workload down so you know how much has to be done each week, once you break the back of the workload, you may be able to get in some more reward time. Planning is the key, sitting back and looking at the whole picture and being overwhelmed will not do you any good at all

Quitters never win, winners never quit ;)

Kingo :thumbsup:

Spell like wat we use to bak in the oldun days innit blood :eek:

You need to be focused on smaller "bite size" pieces, try not to do much all at once, you will be switched off and not want to go back to it if you bite off more than you can chew!

Once you complete a section, reward yourself with some time out, plan your day around these bite sized pieces and stick to the plan, your reward could be 15 minutes on youtube or something to eat or whatever it is that floats your boat. Break the workload down so you know how much has to be done each week, once you break the back of the workload, you may be able to get in some more reward time. Planning is the key, sitting back and looking at the whole picture and being overwhelmed will not do you any good at all

Quitters never win, winners never quit ;)

Kingo :thumbsup:

Thanks for the advice guys - the funny thing is that in exams i really have a nice little system on the go.

I seem to be able to break things down nicely in exams and just take everything bit by bit - working through it gradually

Doesnt seem to work so well for my studing etc

But we will find a solution - at least ive managed to pass 3 semesters of exams first go.

Red diesel

Being an NVQ Assessor

Plan **you** study to spread the workload but also have regular breaks i.e. move around , get a coffee and stretch

Grammer :lol:

Being an NVQ Assessor

Plan **you** study to spread the workload but also have regular breaks i.e. move around , get a coffee and stretch

Grammer :lol:

She's dead :(

But its only her begining :D

No I'm the only one who can pull that trick...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links