Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Shell Drivers Club

Hoovie

question to VPower users ....

Are you a member of the VPower club and have you got any benefit from it?

I am asking as I do have a Shell Drivers Club Card, but still waiting to be 'invited' to join the VPower club. And the benefits of this enhanced club is a bit vague, as it tells you how many points you can earn on buying this and that, but doesnt tell you what those points actually convert to?

Anyone can share what the club bonus really is?

(as an aside, I filled up at a BP station attached to a Co-op and was able to use my Nectar Card, my Co-op card and my cash back credit card all together in the fuel purchase. triple whammy :) )

I never filled a Shell card in. It wanted to send me details of this and that and all sorts of other garbage from 3rd parties.

My nearest garage for high grade is Total Excellium so that goes in most of the time.

I was a member of a previous Shell loyalty scheme many years ago. Then they changed to a new one and said my points would be transferred. They lost them - then blamed me and wouldn't fix it.

Since then I've actively avoided Shell unless it was the only option ... loyalty works both ways!

I understand that membership of the V Power Club is automatic to Drivers Club card holders when they start to buy V Power

Not sure that the different clubs have any advantage over each other

IIRC you have to already be a Shell card member, and if you use over 150L ( :eek:) of V-Power per quarter then they invite you to be a V-Power club member.

Benefits I think were double points when you buy V-Power fuels (So 300 points per quarter since you have to KEEP buying at least 150L per quarter or they kick you out!), but beyond that I don't know. I'll never see one as I get through maybe 35L of diesel V-Power per quarter at best!

The whole thing just isn't very useful unless you;re wasting vast amounts of fuel...!

Only good thing is you could select when I joined it that every x amount of points per qtr = BA miles. But I dont and wont be using BA for a while so couldnt see the point of using Shell.

I use it simply because I buy a lot of Vpower.. Just get a few quid off fuel once in a while.. Hardly worth it to be honest but it takes only a second or two to hand over the card..

I'm a member too, when I had the works van I always filled up with normal fuel usually, they then just sent me the V power card for free as I was filling up nearly every 2 days.....all I ever got was money off fuel vouchers, which I gave to family members, as company paid for my fuel anyway.

I have howerever got a full set off ferrari cars in boxs when they had that offer on.

May be worth a bit one day :D

No, didn`t bother because of the small amount I use :D

The V-Power club gives you double (Noticed the other day triple) points over using the normal fuel saver. You have a choice of either using the points to get vouchers off fuel or have gifts. This can be done by going onto the V-Power web site. I've found a fuel station in Newport that are selling V-Power derv for £1.51! and down the road at another station there normal derv is £1.49!... So no brainer really on that one.

The only problems I've found is that when you get your money off vouchers through the post and then go fill up there are other points vouchers that you can hand in to give you say... 100 extra points that the garage take and should send away! But half the time (Especially in Birmingham) they dont bother and you lose them! or should I say they lose them for you. I've contacted Shell about this, but they dont want to know tbh...

I have howerever got a full set off ferrari cars in boxs when they had that offer on.

Yeah coz there only a few million of them around...

Heres my membership...not used it for a while, as I go to Sainsburys, now the company dont pay my fuel :D

Just noticed you can get air miles too, will have to log on to Shell and see whats on the card, Might have enought for a pint :beer:

post-73910-0-68812100-1332334202_thumb.j

Yeah coz there only a few million of them around...

Yeah but i`ve got all of them the whole set :D and when there is no longer a Shell as no more oil, they will be worth a fortune, I hope :lol:

Heres my membership...not used it for a while, as I go to Sainsburys, now the company dont pay my fuel :D

Just noticed you can get air miles too, will have to log on to shell and see whats on the card, Might have enought for a pint :beer:

A pint of lovely Brains SA!... Whey hay :yes::beer:

question to VPower users ....

Are you a member of the VPower club and have you got any benefit from it?

I am asking as I do have a Shell Drivers Club Card, but still waiting to be 'invited' to join the VPower club. And the benefits of this enhanced club is a bit vague, as it tells you how many points you can earn on buying this and that, but doesnt tell you what those points actually convert to?

Anyone can share what the club bonus really is?

(as an aside, I filled up at a BP station attached to a Co-op and was able to use my Nectar Card, my Co-op card and my cash back credit card all together in the fuel purchase. triple whammy :) )

I'm in the Drivers Club and do get money-off vouchers in the post now & again. More often now as I'm doing quite a bit of commuting. Interestingly, in our neck of the woods, Shell is usually cheaper than anyone else but BP seem to be branching out into highway robbery given the prices they're charging around here. Then again, they are usually on Co-op forecourts so maybe they're just following the Co-op's lead (my better half avoids Co-op because she says their prices are silly). On the other hand I suppose someone has to pay for all those Nectar & Co-op points.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links