Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cheapest Pimp Going?

Hoovie

This is my attempt at the "Cheapest PIMP my RAV" prize ....

Fitted the iPod Interface and now it sits neatly in the bottom of the centre storage area under armrest ,,,

StorageBox-0.jpg

and with the iPod 'installed'

StorageBox-Prepimp.jpg

There are some very neat solutions by members here on TOC for making a hidden area which I have been planning on doing, but I fancied doing the quick cheap and dirty option as a temporary measure :)

So first step - create a box with raised sides for the iPod to sit in.....

StorageBox-2.jpg

It should be noted that for the very best quality pimp, genuine Toyota parts should be used whenever possible, and this cardboard box IS a real genuine Toyota packing box :yes:

Then we need to create a false flat floor, and of course the ultimate in value storage solutions and flat packing has to be IKEA :) so we enlist an old chopping board ....

StorageBox-3.jpg

Ideally a colour that integrates better with the hue of the plastics within the storage area would be best, but that will be the subject of a future upgrade (once the black chopping board is worn out and heading to the bin).

For now, employing a black Sharpie to colour the edges will suffice :yes:

And the piece de la resistance ....

StorageBox-4.jpg

Put back the bit of felt that was on the bottom, and Voila, a two-level storage solution created in less time then it took to write this post and costing nearly £0.01 :lol:

One day I will do this properly, but for now, good enough :thumbsup:

Ahem,sound idea mate

Hastily leaving.

Del

Actually Davrav came up with a drawing for a pukka one but I've since lost it.

Dave has sent it for me and I was (and am) going to do it properly one day :)

Brilliant David !! Err How long have You been living in Scotland now ???..................... :D

Rumour has it when Hoovie blows a fuse he hunts down a foil dish from the local takeway and uses it to replace the fuse (Sorry David just couldnt resist :lol:) he did offer free water to wash the car due to the hosepipe ban, but he was going to charge per foot of hose from Scotlandshire to the land of the Berks

Gus (going to find a suitable hiding place)

Rumour has it when Hoovie blows a fuse he hunts down a foil dish from the local takeway and uses it to replace the fuse (Sorry David just couldnt resist :lol:) he did offer free water to wash the car due to the hosepipe ban, but he was going to charge per foot of hose from Scotlandshire to the land of the Berks

Gus (going to find a suitable hiding place)

Apparently the chow mein dishes are 5 amp and the thicker Curry ones are 13 amp... Or so Hoovie told Me :eek:

Actually Davrav came up with a drawing for a pukka one but I've since lost it.

See attached PDF

This one sits on the two intermediate ledges so if Hoovie does make this too, he'll effectively have a triple deck storage unit.

EDIT

Here's the original post:

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=95813

Divider%20pdf%20version1.pdf

One of the things I did want to do actually was to have a devider that had the iPod connection below the new shelf as it was dedicated and have the 12v acc socket above and available.

I like the Idea of a triple decker though :)

One of the things I did want to do actually was to have a devider that had the iPod connection below the new shelf as it was dedicated and have the 12v acc socket above and available.

Yup, that makes good sense :thumbsup:

My cheapest pimp has been DRLs. I simply waited until 9pm and Bobs your uncle ;-)

Sorry....thought somebody was looking for my services!

Just incase...my commission is quite favourable....and I have rear privacy glass for dropping of your ho's

Sorry....thought somebody was looking for my services!

Just incase...my commission is quite favourable....and I have rear privacy glass for dropping of your ho's

Haven't you heard, there's a ho's ban here in the South :huh:

Plenty up here...especially in millom! But I would be moving in on Millomite's turf...and he's a big rugby playing farmer type lad!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links