Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Flywheel Replacement Farce (Vx) ...

Heidfirst

Thats a crazy amount of DMF failures!!!! Vaxhall should pick up the tab for this and sort out what the hell is going wrong with them in such a short time frame. I hope mine doesnt go anytime soon! But at least if it does I have a spare one. But I'm not looking forward to that job I can tell you pal! :crybaby::ermm:

I read this in the mag, crazy. But not all that suprising in a way, got to love the modern diesel.

Save a bit, save a bit more, tell friends you save a bit, then :blowup: spent a lot :sick:

This is always fun to read, Thanks for this post I really appreciate that you share this to us.

from what I hear the Vectras were more reliable than Insignias ... :lol:

its pretty much a common occurence now.all dual mass flywheels are unreliable and all the manufacturers know this ,truth be known they are not concerned over this fact because it is a component which by design wears out ,some more quickly than others .but a yearly occurence is either the result of a drivetrain /engine fault or high mileage covered annually, the main culprit for dmf failures is vw

its pretty much a common occurence now.all dual mass flywheels are unreliable and all the manufacturers know this ,truth be known they are not concerned over this fact because it is a component which by design wears out ,some more quickly than others .but a yearly occurence is either the result of a drivetrain /engine fault or high mileage covered annually, the main culprit for dmf failures is vw

Ive also read somewhere that Toyota was this the most common that a clutch changing specalist had to deal with. there are all the same design and mostly made by lec who have the patent on DMFs.

to be honest i dont recall ever having to do a dmf on a toyota but i have done my fair share on vw/vauxhall /ford /renault etc .

luk seem to manufacture a lot of the dmf,s ,