Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My New Corolla E12 1.6Vvti Colour Collection (2004)

Ant182

New to Toyota's and with help from my friends guided to the Corolla. Liked the look of them and they seem to be bomb proof, which is great as I like to do track days.

One of my friends has a E11 SR and has a few nice mod's on it and it's realy good, and excellent on track days.

Sold my Mini Cooper and got this 1 owner full service history 2004 E12.

I will be adding a few bits to it but not going to go over board with it.

Changed the wheels over ready for a run out to the Lake District which was great as got to learn more about how to drive the car as it is very different to the Cooper.

post-119695-0-54237600-1333388121_thumb.

post-119695-0-83126800-1333388140_thumb.

post-119695-0-45981800-1333388183_thumb.

post-119695-0-56173600-1333388221_thumb.

Looking good fella, didn't look quite that sparkly when you got home though did it?

Mine was covered in a film of dust and a fair number of tiny roadkill.

You are right mate it was a mess at the front, so I jetted it off and give my wheels a good going over. Going to give it a good going over on saturday if its not raining.

Very nearly brought a 2006 corolla colour collection.

Was looking for a petrol car after owning diesels since 1985 and dont do many miles these days and did not want the hassle of DMFs,EGRs DPFs etc.

I wanted something with a chain a and not a timing belt,which narrrowed the choice.

As there is a Toyota dealer only a couple of miles from my home i had a look at their stock,there were several Toyota Approved Auris there but no !.6 t spirits which i fancied. but what was there was a 2006 corolla colour collection in speckled black colour that had done 36000 miles and full toyota service history.after checking it over i could not fault it. its was in a lovely condition and i thought that would do for me..The price was £1500 cheaper than i have expected to pay for a Auris T spirit of around 2007.

I was just going to ask for a test drive when one of workshop staff who was parking up a customers car he had serviced walked past me so i asked him about this Corolla and he said it was a far better car than the Auris.this car he had serviced in the past and was a good example.

But when he said some of these engines in these Corollas start using oil i was put off the car,even though he said that Toyota would rebuild on an extended warrant.

i had not joined the TOC then so did not know that the oil burning was was solved in 2005 so the car should not be a oil burner,

So i ended up buying a Auris T spirit from another garage in the end.

Sometimes when i look at the cheap way the Auris is put together and knowing how i let that Corolla slip away i could kick myself. as it was a lovely looking car.

Further to my earier post about the colour collection corolla.

I know nothing about the varous model corollas,updates or E numbers.

But what confuses me is that i thought the last model corolla was the 2006 model that was replaced by the Auris (shame) and was not unlike the Auris in shape like the model Ant182 has.

But the corolla that i nearly brought was described on the forecourt at the dealers and their website as a 2006 model and was shaped like the ones owned by Steve 252 and Paulinho T. which seems strange.

Could it have been a reregisterd import. Indeed do Toyota dealers handle imported models.

You may well wonder why i bother since i did not buy the car (another shame).

My auris runs very well,very smooth and quiet,and does everything pretty well.

realy like the climate control and its on all the time,after all thats what it is for.

ive done a few mods on it,but when ever ive had to remove something like a plastic panel i dispair how cheap and nasty the car is built.

Was talking to to a technician at the dealers the other day about the flimsy build of the Auris and he told me they have all the equpment for working on the car but things snap off or distort even when they using the correct tools themselves.

Very nearly brought a 2006 corolla colour collection.

Was looking for a petrol car after owning diesels since 1985 and dont do many miles these days and did not want the hassle of DMFs,EGRs DPFs etc.

I wanted something with a chain a and not a timing belt,which narrrowed the choice.

As there is a Toyota dealer only a couple of miles from my home i had a look at their stock,there were several Toyota Approved Auris there but no !.6 t spirits which i fancied. but what was there was a 2006 corolla colour collection in speckled black colour that had done 36000 miles and full toyota service history.after checking it over i could not fault it. its was in a lovely condition and i thought that would do for me..The price was £1500 cheaper than i have expected to pay for a Auris T spirit of around 2007.

I was just going to ask for a test drive when one of workshop staff who was parking up a customers car he had serviced walked past me so i asked him about this Corolla and he said it was a far better car than the Auris.this car he had serviced in the past and was a good example.

But when he said some of these engines in these Corollas start using oil i was put off the car,even though he said that Toyota would rebuild on an extended warrant.

i had not joined the TOC then so did not know that the oil burning was was solved in 2005 so the car should not be a oil burner,

So i ended up buying a Auris T spirit from another garage in the end.

Sometimes when i look at the cheap way the Auris is put together and knowing how i let that Corolla slip away i could kick myself. as it was a lovely looking car.

So the oil consumption issue was cured in 05? what is the story with pre 05 cars that had new or rebuilt engines from Toyota after 2005 - are would these be the later spec?? and thus all is well if the cars an 04 but the engine was rebuilt/replaced at Mr T with proof of said work after 2005.

Back on topic - Ant 182 your car looks fantastic - hope you have many happy miles in it

Red diesel

But what confuses me is that i thought the last model corolla was the 2006 model that was replaced by the Auris (shame) and was not unlike the Auris in shape like the model Ant182 has.

But the corolla that i nearly brought was described on the forecourt at the dealers and their website as a 2006 model and was shaped like the ones owned by Steve 252 and Paulinho T. which seems strange.

Could it have been a reregisterd import. Indeed do Toyota dealers handle imported models.

If the Corolla you nearly bought was a Colour Collection, it can not have been anything like Paulinho or Steves. Colour Collections were only available in E12 facelift form. Paulinhos is an E11, and Steves is an E11 facelift, both VERY different cars.

Welll, That is really a nice car. Have a great and safe driving.

If the Corolla you nearly bought was a Colour Collection, it can not have been anything like Paulinho or Steves. Colour Collections were only available in E12 facelift form. Paulinhos is an E11, and Steves is an E11 facelift, both VERY different cars.

I

If i remember correctly it had i think a square chrome Badge on it marked colour

collection.

As i asked could it have been a grey inported model.which could explain the 2006 registration.

There again it could be senile decay of my memory. if so ignore this post.

Now where did i put those tablets.

After been to the TSS with my mate, and seen what Fensport can do, here are 2 links (video Clips) of there Corolla they did a few years ago. It give me alittle inspiration for my Corolla. Mind don't think I'll ever get close to there's but the clips are very cool.

But if my 6 numbers came up it wouldnt be a Ferrari it would be a Fensport'd Corolla.

Yeah I think most people on here are aware of the Fensport 'rolla, but you aren't going to be able to do many mods on a 1.6! Still following this thread with a bit of interest however, maybe you could give me some new ideas for my 1.6. ;)

That Fensport is mighty quick, I would be happy with 1/2 of that power :)

One day lol...

Liking your Corolla and plans..

Yeah I think most people on here are aware of the Fensport 'rolla, but you aren't going to be able to do many mods on a 1.6! Still following this thread with a bit of interest however, maybe you could give me some new ideas for my 1.6. ;)

Just abit of a joke on that one, ive been modding cars for a fair few years now from 300bhp 200sx, 182clios, vectras, my cooper all used for track days, so forming plans and gathering info all to be ready for the croft round of the toyota sprint series.

So ill be updating the thread as I go mate.

That Fensport is mighty quick, I would be happy with 1/2 of that power :)

One day lol...

Liking your Corolla and plans..

Thanks for that mate, ill like sleeper cars that just look like what there suposed to be I dont like flash stuff. All my modded cars over the years have just been what they are just all engine and suspention and bakes worked on no body kits here. Ill will doing as much as I can to it mind I will have to keep it with in the rules of the toyota sprint series like, but it will be a well sorted car. Will keep u updated it would be nice to get a few of you all off here to come along to croft when me and tibs off here and the others take part in the TSS.

• 1 month later...

Cleaned the engine bay today to start geting it up to scratch, more to do, but 3 pics to show how far I've got.

post-119695-0-70283600-1338832471_thumb.

post-119695-0-82255200-1338832496_thumb.

post-119695-0-67940700-1338832522_thumb.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, been a little busy since my last post and added a few new bits to push the car in the right direction.

I have added:-

K&N 57i induction Kit with 2 hoses feeding direct cold air onto the filter,

EcoTek valve,

Summit Motorsport Front Strut brace,

Performance Back box with a oval tail pipe,

EBC Green Stuff Pads, (still have to change my brake fluid to AP racing 5.1 which I have already to go)

Spax sports springs -35mm,

WhiteLine rear uprated anti-role bar,

2 x Front tyres Toyo Proxes T1R.

post-119695-0-54945200-1340047804_thumb.

post-119695-0-45351200-1340047842_thumb.

post-119695-0-66913700-1340047882_thumb.

post-119695-0-90826100-1340047918_thumb.

post-119695-0-82286900-1340048275_thumb.

• 2 weeks later...

Been and replaced my rear tyres now today to match the front tyres (Toyo Proxes T1R), realy good tyres with good grip.

All ready for Coft in September now cant wait.

Now then all, Well the car is ready now for the Toyota Sprint series at Croft in September cant wait.

So now that I have added the front and rear spoilers it just looks so much better, as it didnt look finished off before.

Here are a few pics I took today, Post is abit pic heavy.

post-119695-0-34266500-1341677182_thumb.

post-119695-0-88135100-1341677199_thumb.

post-119695-0-24656700-1341677217_thumb.

post-119695-0-53660400-1341677241_thumb.

post-119695-0-49237300-1341677263_thumb.

post-119695-0-17302300-1341677282_thumb.

post-119695-0-10822200-1341677308_thumb.

post-119695-0-82602400-1341677335_thumb.

post-119695-0-67475700-1341677356_thumb.

post-119695-0-70223900-1341677375_thumb.

post-119695-0-25233200-1341677393_thumb.

post-119695-0-21199300-1341677415_thumb.

• 1 month later...

That looks fantastic! i have the almost exact same set up but mines a 1.4 and with t sport alloys. Have you felt a difference with the lowered springs buddy? how does the car handle? reason for me asking is that i am looking for 35mm springs also.

Babzy

That looks fantastic! i have the almost exact same set up but mines a 1.4 and with t sport alloys. Have you felt a difference with the lowered springs buddy? how does the car handle? reason for me asking is that i am looking for 35mm springs also.

Babzy

The car is much better to driver to me, it turns in better, doesnt move as much under heavy breaking, the bodyrole is reduced to me, the ride is fine aswell and my GF has not complained about it either lol. It will be put to the ultimate test next month at Croft.

Well had a bad Sunday today went to where my new house is been built, and as I'm trying to enter the round about a silly woman in a ford KA smack's into me from behind. She said I just skidded!! yep thanks for that that's gunna make me feel a hole lot better when I have just got my car where I want it. At the least it's gunna need a new rear bumber but don't know till the inspections been done what damage it's done behind it.

Well the guy turned up today and dropped off my loan car a new astra 1.6, while my has been take to my local toyota approved bodyshop for repair.

• 2 weeks later...

Get to pick up my car tomorrow afternoon from Toyota, after having the rear bumper repaired, can't wait.

It's one way of getting rid of scratches on the back bumper just get a new one lol.