Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My New Corolla E12 1.6Vvti Colour Collection (2004)

Ant182

Now then not been on for abit as been very busy, I am awaiting some not so good news at the mo so may need to put the Rolla up for sale just wondering if there is any interest out there. Really want to keep the car but if needs must.

• 11 months later...

Now then all well still kept the corolla but seem to have the following niggles now if anyone can help!

So you can see all my mods that I have on the car so here are the niggles.

1, tickover first thing is hitting 2000rpm for the first 10 or so minutes?

2, pulling away not fast and steering to the left slightly theres like a judder through the peddles?

Had a new clutch kit a few thousand ago.

3, using I think alot of fuel, the air flow meter bulb was black so cleaned it with soft cotton so get it back to orange?

If you guy can help me out that will be good:)

• 3 months later...

Now then all well still kept the corolla but seem to have the following niggles now if anyone can help!

So you can see all my mods that I have on the car so here are the niggles.

1, tickover first thing is hitting 2000rpm for the first 10 or so minutes?

2, pulling away not fast and steering to the left slightly theres like a judder through the peddles?

Had a new clutch kit a few thousand ago.

3, using I think alot of fuel, the air flow meter bulb was black so cleaned it with soft cotton so get it back to orange?

If you guy can help me out that will be good:)

Hiya Mate. This is my 1st post here, but since your car is identical to mine, ('55 plate Colour Collection in silver, running the 1.6 3ZZ-FE engine with electronic throttle), I had to say hi. Your high RPM could be related to the intake manifold gasket among man other things, as Toyota have revised the old black gasket to a new orange colour that is thicker. I'm yet to change mine yet as it's just far too cold now, but it's on the cards for spring. My idle RPM is too low when the engine is hot. I'm also needing a new clutch (judder & difficulty selecting all gears unless stationary). With the fuel consumption, I too have always found the MPG pretty cr@p. Did you ever find a fix?

Now then, well I managed to clean out my throttlebody it was hacky, then pulled out the dirty K&N pannel filter and put a new standard one back in, it's had a new clutch kit in it last year so it's not that I think maybe the bushes underneath are getting old. The exhaust is falling apart from inside out it's the last time I get a powerflow dealer to do it so I'm getting a brand new custom stainles steel one fitted again in March as my mate has been to the place I'm going and they do awsome work:) New front brakes in March and camberbolts and a propper set up fir the suspension I have already on it so by then it will be mega fun to drive again yippee!

Now then, well I managed to clean out my throttlebody it was hacky, then pulled out the dirty K&N pannel filter and put a new standard one back in, it's had a new clutch kit in it last year so it's not that I think maybe the bushes underneath are getting old. The exhaust is falling apart from inside out it's the last time I get a powerflow dealer to do it so I'm getting a brand new custom stainles steel one fitted again in March as my mate has been to the place I'm going and they do awsome work:) New front brakes in March and camberbolts and a propper set up fir the suspension I have already on it so by then it will be mega fun to drive again yippee!

I wasn't expecting a reply at all here and even more shocked to see you still have the Corolla, after thinking of selling it a couple of years back. I've ordered a new clutch yesterday, so looking around for quotes to fit, but most seem to be over £300, just for the labour.

I was thinking of getting the main end seal replaced behind the flywheel while they have the gearbox off, fitting the new clutch. It's not leaking, but for what the new seal costs against the cost of having to take the gearbox off again, I thought it would be a good idea... "preventative maintenance" I think y'all call it?

I'm just wondering if there is anything else I could take advantage of getting replaced while the gearbox is off, that is cheap to replace. The clutch I've ordered is the Blue Print kit (ADT 330111). Has anyone had any problems with Blue Print clutch kits that should know about before getting it booked in. Anyway, sorry for all the questions. Good to see you still have your 'Rolla Ant182.

Thanks in advance guys.

Mark.

One more thing Ant182. Have you changed the intake manifold gasket yet. Toyota realised there was a problem with the original part and revised it. All the rubber gaskets for the intake manifold are now orange and noticeably thicker than the original old part, which was black. I'm waiting for the better weather to come round again and that will be my 1st stop. My idle when warm I feel is too slow and creates a bit of vibration.

Now then, no I haven't changed the gasket yet as I have some engine mods coming so will do it all at once over the next couple of months. I hope it helps with my hunting idle and then drops too low, so hopefully it will all come good then I'll get it rolling roaded to see any gains.

The clutch kit is blueprint aswell and it's been fine since then. There's nowt else I cane think off at the mo but Pollybushes are a good buy tho.

When my idle drops, I get a squeaking/creaking sound which is annoying, but one of those fixes that is cheap but never seem to get round to. The squeaking is coming from the exhaust joint between the manifold and front pipe that is worn. It's a fibre type of material like a carbon gasket that has worn away, leaving metal to metal.

Once i get the mechanics of the cars 100% sorted, I'm going to get a TTE roof/tailgate spoiler for sure, so I'm interesting in hearing how you got on with fitting yours. Did you just bond it or bolt it down or both. I've heard on the T-Sport, they were just bonded with a strong adhesive only, but on drawings I've seen, it looks like it bolts onto the tailgate too. I'm hoping to pick one up exactly the same colour to keep it all original paint - silver steel.

Got my rear spoiler New off eBay then got the spayed and fitted by a local spray shop its 2 bolts and adhesive so well chuffed with it.

That's good. I can't wait to get mine fitted, it just finishes it off. As you will know, the side skirts & rear bumper on ours are identical to the T-Sport. I almost feel like all the E12 Corollas that don't have the rear TTE spoiler kind of look unfinished - as if something is missing. Do you have a throttle cable on yours Ant182, or is the electronic 'drive-by-wire' throttle. Mine is electronic and the first car I have ever owned with this system. It's weird, I'm not a fan of it I have to say. I would prefer the throttle cable - at least you feel 'connected' to the engine. Getting used to the electronic throttle, the 1st thing i noticed was a slight delay in throttle response that I had never experienced in a car before. When I googled 'delayed throttle response on drive by wire', I soon found I was not alone, so that cleared my thoughts of "is it me... am I imagining this'...lol. When I think of all the processes involved though, compared to a simple throttle cable, it's easy to see why.

I'm definitely not missing clutch cables though, having to drive for 2 days in a Renault 5 Turbo with a snapped clutch cable / no clutch, using the starter motor to pull me away when the traffic light turned green. Once I was moving, I was able to wave the RPM, begging the gearbox to let me in the next gear - and quick, before I slowed down too much...lol. Fun & games that was :)

I have noticed this to but with me doing alot of driving on and off track I've learned to drive around it. The mods to the engine all help it abit but it will never go away do just drive around it. I've just bought my GF a Hyundai I20 1.4VVTI 2012 and that's fly by wire system but it's more sensitive than the corolla so it's just a software development thing realy. Plus I have a mini Cooper that I put a bluefinn on and that took out the delay in the mini massively.

I'd still rather have a cable tho llike in my nova/405/vectra/200sx turbo.

• 1 month later...

Busy week this week had my old cat stainless system removed and replaced with a better bespoke one (Tuesday) and then today (Thursday) Service&MOT and New discs&pads (yellow stuff) and then tomoz (Friday) engine mods ahoy! FiMyers crossed all gowe well and my little corolla will be abit more punchy! Happy days, then roll and road it soon after to see if we have gained.

Race wheels need to be refurbished (t-sport) and new rubber all ready for TSS in April.

• 8 months later...

Hi All,

Not been on for a bit, so here's quick update.

Been mostly re-furbing my 2 sets of alloys (T-Sport & C.C 5 spokes) replacing my gear gaiter and taking part in the Toyota Sprint Series Championship throughout the year.

In my group N/A up to 1600 I finished 2nd overall for 2015.

I will pop some pic's up when I get chance.

Here's a couple of pic's of how the car is at the moment. As you can see I swap between my Tsport and the original 5 spokes for different events.

The car is still my daily driver and this year its even done a driving tour of Scotland and it was amazing and the roads were awesome.

I did this with my two best friends driving their cars an E11 corolla sr and a Fiesta Zetec s.

My decals are all on magnetic sheets so come straight off.

These cars are so underrated and it never complains about anything or even how I use it.

Shame Toyota never replaced it with a better car.

post-119695-0-53461200-1447496131_thumb.

post-119695-0-93093400-1447496136_thumb.

• 7 months later...

Hi All

Not been on here for awhile so a quick update on the old bus or should I say buses now!!

So I have finally retired her from racing after wanting to build just a print car to use instead on damaging the corolla.

With the corolla I managed to finish 2nd overall in the Toyota Sprint series in the D-street group.

Over the winter and bought myself a Mk1 Yaris 1.3sr to use as my new sprint car in a new group called E-street. Things are already going very well 3 wins in the first 3 races, so well chuffed, good old Toyotas love them.

T2.jpg

Here are both my cars all lined up, one for work and one for racing.

12985489_10208878723746850_8212430891970926148_n.jpg

Brilliant to see you still have the Rolla! 

I had a Yaris T Sport years n years ago. Amazing car for what they are, on a 02 plate. 

Cheers, Razzer

These cars are so good and so understated its great, thinking about when I've finished sorting out the Yaris, is to replace the Corolla front bumper with a facelift Tsport front bumper.

The Yaris still needs bits, some bodywork tidy up and a TTE front bumper to go on it,(which is in the shed)

Its just a shame that when the day comes that either car has to be replaced Toyota does not have any great replacements for either car.

I so want Toyota to make a hot Yaris or a hot summit, still really really like the GT86 tho.

Well for the Yaris, I removed the aircon system from the engine bay and weighed in at 6.6kg.

This was the Aircon pipes/pullys/belts/compressor.

I still need to take the aircon radiator out tho which will be abit more weight gone to.

On 16 July 2016 at 10:03 AM, Ant182 said:

Cheers, Razzer

These cars are so good and so understated its great, thinking about when I've finished sorting out the Yaris, is to replace the Corolla front bumper with a facelift Tsport front bumper.

The Yaris still needs bits, some bodywork tidy up and a TTE front bumper to go on it,(which is in the shed)

Its just a shame that when the day comes that either car has to be replaced Toyota does not have any great replacements for either car.

I so want Toyota to make a hot Yaris or a hot summit, still really really like the GT86 tho.

The Yaris was so reliable (just like my Corolla) but the kit it has spec wise and looks for the money is 2nd to none! Just hated the sunroof being manual ha. There's a supercharger and turbo for the Yaris now. Bet that shifts! Looks great those TTE front ends. 

I've just bought a Corolla Compressor front bumper to go on. Have side skirts and rear spats to fit too. Just not got the money for it right now! My mates owns a body shop so mates rates n all that😉

I like those GT86. Subaru make one too. Both good looking to be fair! I know what your saying....can't believe they made the Supra, GT4 and Carlos Sainz etc. And now, nothing really. Well in those foot prints anyway

15 hours ago, RazzerRazor said:

The Yaris was so reliable (just like my Corolla) but the kit it has spec wise and looks for the money is 2nd to none! Just hated the sunroof being manual ha. There's a supercharger and turbo for the Yaris now. Bet that shifts! Looks great those TTE front ends. 

I've just bought a Corolla Compressor front bumper to go on. Have side skirts and rear spats to fit too. Just not got the money for it right now! My mates owns a body shop so mates rates n all that😉

I like those GT86. Subaru make one too. Both good looking to be fair! I know what your saying....can't believe they made the Supra, GT4 and Carlos Sainz etc. And now, nothing really. Well in those foot prints anyway

That's right Razzer, thay make nothing now and if they did it's made for people with lots of money.

The closest they came to making summit (hot hatch) id buy was the Scion IM concept but now Toyota have closed Scion down and binned the project and just released a wet Auris instead so it will be just Toyota now.

scionimconcept.jpg

scionim2.jpg

On 21/07/2016 at 3:17 PM, Ant182 said:

That's right Razzer, thay make nothing now and if they did it's made for people with lots of money.

The closest they came to making summit (hot hatch) id buy was the Scion IM concept but now Toyota have closed Scion down and binned the project and just released a wet Auris instead so it will be just Toyota now.

scionimconcept.jpg

scionim2.jpg

That's looks really nice. Quite surprised actually, toyota came out with a good looking motor! 

For sports n hot hatch I think it's been and gone for them now. Been fat too long. 

there is a new Supra coming - sharing a platform with the BMW Z4 replacement.

Obviously going to be pitched above the GT86 so not cheap.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links