Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just Ordered A 2012 Aygo - Got Some Questions

scgf

I currently drive a smart cdi cabrio which I bought on a PCP finance deal. I am surrendering it three months early and paying the last three payments upfront to avoid any negative strike on my credit reference. Mercedes Benz Finance say I need to pay 95% or the remaining repayments. It emans I get a new car for the Summer holidays.

I have narrowed my choice down to a petrol city car which achieves a figure (on paper, lol) of at least 62mpg on the combined cycle. I very quickly dismissed the Kia Picanto (nasty, nasty, nasty) and the Hyundai i10 (blue rinse). I test drove the VW Up! and absolutely hated it. How boring and boxy can a car be? And as for that dash - well it was absolutely, depressingly awful!

I used to have a 107 back in 2005 when they first came out and liked it, but hadn't really considered the triplets again - until I saw the face-lifted models and thought they looked nicer than any other city car around at the moment.

My intention was to buy a Citroen C1, indeed I had an appointment with the local Citroen dealer for this morning, but I wandered into the Toyota dealership while shoppng on Saturday and saw the 2012 model Aygo. It was very nice - more contemporary than the C! or 107. The Citroen and Peugeot versions look like end of the line models whereas tha Aygo doesn't.

To cut a long story short I placed an order on the spot for a 5 door Aygo Ice in white. I managed to negotiate a small discount. I will take delivery at the end of June. I'm very excited!

I note the Ice model has bluetooth and a USB input - what will the USB input actually allow me to do? I have an iPhone so is it just alternative line-input of does it do more? What about bluetooth? How good is this going to be? Anyone got one yet?

Thanks for your input guys.

the usb should take a memory stick with mp3s or charge an ipod i got my aygo fire in black on sunday they are brilliant little cars!!!

the usb should take a memory stick with mp3s or charge an ipod i got my aygo fire in black on sunday they are brilliant little cars!!!

• 2 months later...

Aygo ice in white? OMG My Toyota deal said they do not make them in white, so I opted for the black 1, I love it, but I would have liked white :ermm:

I'm in a similar boat too you. Got rid of my Leon cupra and picking up my fire at 6 today! Wahoo.

Aygo ice in white? OMG My Toyota deal said they do not make them in white, so I opted for the black 1, I love it, but I would have liked white :ermm:

The Aygo Ice is available in Black, White or Silver :)

I like what they've done with the colours in recent years. Except for the lack of Blue in the range, that was the nicest colour imho.

Back in 2010 when I got mine, the colour pretty much defined the exact trim level.

And "Platinum". What were they thinking! It was the worst idea ever.

Why make a "special edition" model, that was only sold every 6-9 months, cost more than the Blue or Black, and was basically just the Aygo Black, but in Silver?

Way off topic, but I fancied a rant.

Hi, I too have taken delivery of an ICE, very pleased with the car overall. however, I am not pleased with the change from the totally handsfree bluetooth that I had in the Aygo Blue to the new (through the radio) bluetooth which as far as I can see isnt really hands free as you have to fiddle with the radio/telephone controls to scroll to get the person you want to call (or am I doing something wrong). Bad call Toyota (excuse the pun), I bought this partly because of the handsfree of the old Blue Aygo and of course the good looks, fuel economy and great speed on the motorway.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the 2012 Aygo Ice in Silver and managed to get the dealer down to just about £8000 for a brand new model and since then I've added the side & rear protectors, rev counter (Peugeot sourced of course), tinted the glass at a local outlet and adding the front fogs.

Great little car that goes like a scalded cat all the way to 50mph.

I have the 2012 Aygo Ice in Silver and managed to get the dealer down to just about £8000 for a brand new model and since then I've added the side & rear protectors, rev counter (Peugeot sourced of course), tinted the glass at a local outlet and adding the front fogs.

James.....My son has just bought a new Aygo Ice in Silver and it had tinted windows as standard.

He managed to get the side protection pack, mats, mud flaps, the sill plates and glove box lid included in the price plus a good discount and trade in on his 4 year old Aygo Blue with 20000 miles on the clock

James.....My son has just bought a new Aygo Ice in Silver and it had tinted windows as standard.

He managed to get the side protection pack, mats, mud flaps, the sill plates and glove box lid included in the price plus a good discount and trade in on his 4 year old Aygo Blue with 20000 miles on the clock

There are some stonking deals to be had on these cars and with the 0% it's a no-brainer. I'm giving mine to my eldest lad when he starts driving and I reckon it'll be the cheapest motoring possible.