Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Experience About Lassa Phenoma?

dominic123

Hello, I’m a newbie in this forum and need your opinions. I have to replace my tyres, my regular garage strongly recommended Lassa Tyres Phenoma to me instead of my old Falkens. Pricing was not bad, but I couldn’t decide what to do and asked him to let me think about it.

Surfing on the web, I could find out some info and good reviews about Lassa Tyres, it seems they’re produced in Turkey, in the same factory with Bridgestone, sort of a sub-brand or something like that I guess.

Anyway, is there anyone in this forum whom personally experienced this brand or someone else you know very close did?

I need to get my tyres replaced this weekend.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thank you.

The Company

Brisa, the number one tyre manufacturer in Turkey and the sixth biggest tyre producer in Europe, has an internationally recognised record of achievements in quality management leading to total customer satisfaction and continues to build its future on excellence.

History

Lassa was established in 1974 by the Sabancı Group, the leading industrial conglomerate in Turkey, and started production in 1978. In response to developments in the world tyre industry, the Sabancı Group and the Bridgestone Corporation of Japan became joint venture partners in November 1988. The new company, BRISA Bridgestone Sabancı Tyre Manufacturing and Trading Inc., represented Turkey's largest Japanese investment at that time. The joint venture synergy allowed the company to increase its capacity and product range.

The Plant and the Production

Brisa has one of the world's largest tyre production facilities under a single roof. The Brisa plant is located in Kentsa, a unique and exceptionally green industrial town built by the Sabancı Group, located hundred kilometres East of İstanbul.

With its integrated tyre production facilities extending 2 million m2, the Brisa plant has a covered area of 260.000 m2, where over four hundred different types of tyres from passenger to earthmover are produced. New products are introduced continuously for keeping a competitive position not only in the domestic market, but in the world markets as well. Brisa markets its products to automotive manufacturers and retail outlets in over 30 countries, primarily European.

Production at Brisa is supported by its own Tyre Research and Development Centre which is equipped with laboratories capable of conducting standard and special tests, a computer-aided tyre design and development centre and a conference unit. In collaboration with Bridgestone's Technical Centre, this centre plays a vital role in reinforcing Brisa's competitive edge in world markets.

Product range

Brisa manufactures a wide range of tyres to meet domestic and international needs, utilising the most recent and advanced technology, under Lassa and Bridgestone brands. The product includes the following:

- High performance radials

- Standard radials

- Winter radials

- 4x4 radials

- Van/Light truck radials

- Bias-ply light truck tyres

- Truck/bus radials

- Bias-ply truck/bus tyres

- Farm tyres

- Off the road tyres

Tyres manufactured by Brisa comply with ISO9000: 2000 Quality Management Standars, ISO/TS 16949:2002 Automotive Industry Quality Management Systems Technical Specification, ISO 14001 Environmental Management Standards and customer specific requirements.

Achievements in Excellence

Brisa has an internationally recognised record of achievements in quality management in the pursuit of total customer satisfaction, and continues to build its future on Excellence.

Successful practices on its journey towards Excellence have brought Brisa numerous national and international awards. Among them was the first National Quality Award given in Turkey in 1993, based on the criteria set by the European Foundation for Quality Management (EFQM). In 1996 Brisa won the prestigious European Quality Award at the first attempt. The Award presented to the best-performing company in the implementation of the European Model for Excellence, stands as the ultimate recognition of Brisa's dedication to quality in all aspects of its operations.