Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis T180 Niggling Faults

pj6789

I bought myself a T180 last weekend and I am fairly happy with the car and I like the comfort, however there are a few annoying faults with the car that I wondered if anyone could give me advice on,

The clutch pedal seems to creak when used and it sounds like it is coming from the master cylinder, I wonder if some red rubber grease would cure this?

The car seems to pull to the left ever so slightly and I have checked tyre pressures and for a binding brake and all is fine.

The car seems to take a while to warm up (about 15 minutes to reach operating temp at 55mph), is this normal as my old Passat TDi took less time than this and I thought it was bad!

Welcome to TOC...

Sounds like wheel tracking to me. Have a look at the pinned sections on the 2AD engine that you have in your car. Its worth a read...

Welcome to TOC...

Have a look at the pinned sections on the 2AD engine that you have in your car. Its worth a read...

It`ll stop you worrying about your present `minor` probs. :o

Welcome to TOC...

Sounds like wheel tracking to me. Have a look at the pinned sections on the 2AD engine that you have in your car. Its worth a read...

What do you mean by the pinned sections on the engine?

Welcome to TOC...

What do you mean by the pinned sections on the engine?

OK, I found it and have read it, thanks.

Another thing with the car thats annoying is the engine seems to idle at 1200rpm a lot, surely this is not normal.

Actually it is & it's related to the fact that these engines do take a long time to warm up (especially in Winter).

Extra load (aircon, heating, demister etc.) may increase the idle speed especially when cold.

Actually it is - extra load (aircon, heating, demister, headlights etc.) may increase the idle speed especially when cold.

& these engines do take a long time to warm up (especially in Winter).

I had the same creaky clutch pedal with mine. Grease didn't work for me but for some reason if I pushed the pedal slightly to the left (I think) then depressed it, the squeak went away for a while. Anyway, it returned and a new clutch master cylinder sorted the problem.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links