#1 acetip

acetip

Top Rank Poster!

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,476 posts
  • First Name:peter
  • Gender*:Male
  • Toyota Model: auris t spirit 1.6 vvti duel.
  • Year: 2007

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:50 PM

My son had a MG magazine in the boot of his Lexus when i wa looking at it for him, he used to have a MG before he got the Lexus. as he did not want it so he gave it to me. (the mag)
Got around to reading it today and it seems that the MG models they export to this country will have the engines,gearboxes and front suspension plus some of the front of the car fitted when they arrive here. Seems strange.
Maybe they fit the other way around in China ( joke that older members will understand) .

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 MikeSh

MikeSh

Advanced Club Member

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • First Name:Mike
  • Gender*:Male
  • Toyota Model: Yaris
  • Year: 2008

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:53 PM

... it seems that the MG models they export to this country will have the engines,gearboxes and front suspension plus some of the front of the car fitted when they arrive here. Seems strange.

Probably a number of reasons, but I expect one is that that's enough so they can (legally) say "Made in the UK", or "Assembled in UK". I think "Made in China" might not sell so well :)

I'd be more interested in where those engines, etc are actually made. If not UK sourced then the value to the UK economy of just installing them is pretty low.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users