Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tyres

Auris sr 180

Due to change my tyres soon . I've the original dunlop on but they are very noisey . What brand name are as good and have a low road noise and value for money they are 225 /45/17

The following three tyres in this size scored highest in the most recent Which? test: 1) Pirelli Cinturato P7(W speed rating) - 69%; 2) Goodyear Eagle F1(Y speed rating) - 67%; 3) Dunlop SP Sport Maxx TT(Z speed rating) - 67%.

There was one 'Don't Buy': Wanli S-1063 (W speed rating), which scored only 10% !!

All tyres become noisier with time. And it's not always due to tires but the car's sound deadening quality. Tyres with such a low profile are all quite noisy, there is no big difference between them. At least that's what some of the reviews state.

Read one review and it states that the some certain tyre is quiet. Read another one, and it says totally different. So if I were you I'd be concentrating on quality in the first place.

Good luck, I hope you'll find what you are looking for!

Edit: See now? Frostyballs just posted regarding Goodyear Asymmetrics. I've got them and don't think they're quiet at all. Also many reviews state that. But oh what a grip they're providing! Can't deny that.

Mine runs pretty fine on Contisportcontact 3's (225/45 R17).

Started this year all new tyres have a label on them stating amongst other ratings is noise produced. but where can you go to see a large range of tyres to compare.

Thought I would include the detail of the Which? test:

Dry braking: Dunlop 5 stars, Pirelli and Goodyear 4.. Dry handling - all 4 stars

Wet braking - all 5 stars. Wet grip (straight) - all 3 stars. Wet grip (bend) - Dunlop and Goodyear 3 stars, Pirelli 2 stars.

Noise - Pirelli 3 stars, Goodyear and Dunlop 2.

Fuel use - Pirelli 4 stars, Goodyear and Dunlop 3.

Wear - all 4 stars

Of the 12 tyres tested in this size only three scored 3 stars for noise - all the others scored 2 stars. Presumably these tyres are quite noisy due to being low profile (which is what we found with our Mazda 2 which has 195/45 R16's).

The Continental EcoContacts on mine are still doing well :)

Quiet and surprisingly grippy since they're supposed to be 'eco' tyres.

Wearing them down at about 1mm a year atm.

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Cooper/Zeon-CS6.htm

Cooper zeon cs6 - grip is amazing in the dry and in the wet car feels stable there seems to be no body roll feel with these tyres, road noise is quiet, and the tread wear fronts lasted 20k and the rears still going after 30k with over 5mm tread left.. would highly recommend them predictable tyre giving plenty of feedback. With occasional speeds around corners wear is even.

Have driven Volvo S80 with potenzas. Stunning grip on wet and dry. Can't say about the noise though as it's a premium car with high end sound deadening.

Dunlops are great on the wet and dry roads but have to say my car sounds like a chinook lol

Mine had the Dunlops on it, I got a slow puncture so ended up changing the front tyres, Pirelli PZero on now and they seem better in every way compared to the Dunlops.

From previous car experiences, have had both Potenza and various Michelins. Potenzas are good but nothing touches Michelin. I got nearly 30,000 miles out of the front tyres with Michelin Premacy and they were amazing in the wet, well worth spending a bit extra on IMHO!

Michelin Pilot Sport 3 scored 63% - 4 stars for dry braking, 5 for dry handling, 4 for wet braking, 3 for wet grip [straight], 3 for wet grip [bend], 2 for noise, 4 for fuel use and 3 for wear

Bridgestone Potenza RE050 A scored 61% - 4 stars for dry braking, 5 for dry handling, 4 for wet braking, 3 for wet grip [straight], 4 for wet grip [bend], 2 for noise, 3 for fuel use, and 3 for wear.

These two tyres came fourth and equal fifth (with the Continental Sport Contact 3) respectively in the test table

I have got a set of Lassa Phenoma 225 /45/17 ! Would highly recommend..

Turkish joint venture with Bridgestone called Brisa - manufacturing tyres under the Lassa brand.

Has anyone priced the original Dunlop spo1

£103.74 each, fully fitted at Blackcircles/Tesco Tyres.

I've currently got Uniroyal Rainsport tyres fitted on the front & they've been excellent so far. Cost £110 each from ATS for 225/45/17's.

Due to change my tyres soon . I've the original dunlop on but they are very noisey . What brand name are as good and have a low road noise and value for money they are 225 /45/17

U say original Dunlops, but which model exactly.

U say original Dunlops, but which model exactly.

the tyres on from new are Dunlop sp o1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links