Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Iq3 16" Alloys On Iq2?

elt96jlm

Hi!

I recently bought an IQ2 with the high gloss 15" alloys. Anyhow, I think of upgrading to the 16" wheels used on the IQ3.

Do you think it would there be any issues with regards to fuel consumption or gear rates going to the slight larger wheels?

If I calculated right the radius will differ with the 16" and 175/60/16 compared to the 15" with the 175/65/15.

Thanks for your feedback!

Best regards

Jon, Sweden

hi

you'll certainly see a difference in price for the actual tyres, i dont know what it's like there but 175/60/16 tyres here seem to be about twice the cost of 175/65/15. just had to get a replacement for one of mine and was nearly £110 for 1 tyre, cost more than a tyre for my RAV.

There is a difference in size but it's only 4mm on the radius and 8mm on the diameter so it really won't make any difference. No more than the difference between new and tyres that need replacing anyway,

The 175/60 R16 tyres are a tad more expensive and choice seems to be more limited. The standard iQ fit is for Bridgestone B250 tyres and in the UK these cost around £110 each as Tony said above.

The same make and model of tyre but in the 175/65/15 size are only around £65

How about considering some aftermarket alloys and go up to 17" size?

Craig.

I'm getting some 17" wheels this week, I can get 205/45/17 tyres for £50, so eventually the new wheels will pay for themselves :)

I'm getting some 17" wheels this week, I can get 205/45/17 tyres for £50, so eventually the new wheels will pay for themselves :)

So for that reason, if you want to change your wheels check out the aftermarket options first, you might even find 16" but a different width that will give you a better tyre choice.

http://kouki.co.uk/utilities/visual-tyre-size-calculator

Can i suggest that if you are looking for improved traction in the wet over the standard (rubbish) iQ ECO tyres you avoid any 205/45/17 that you can buy in the UK for around £50 just now.

( unless they are a goodish and normally slightly more expensive tyre that is on offer heavily discounted.)

Wider rubber and a cheap tyre can be a little ropey. JMO.

george

I was looking at the 205/45 17 too as they are one of the standard sizes on the Mini so consequently, common as dog dirt and cheap. :)

They also have the advantage of being exactly the same diameter as the 175/60 16 tyre already on my car. Once I wear out the current tyres I'll be changing the size and wheels.

Craig.

Can i suggest that if you are looking for improved traction in the wet over the standard i(rubbish) Q tyres you avoid any 205/40/17 that how can buy in the UK for around £50.

( unless they are a goodish and normally slightly more expensive tyre that is on offer heavily discounted.)

Wider rubber and a cheap tyre can be a little ropey. JMO.

george

Good advice.

I was looking at the Toyo T1-R tyres that I also have fitted to my 400bhp Cobra. They stick like brown smelly stuff to the blanket on that. They are however a similar cost to the current Bridgestone replacements.

Craig.

Can i suggest that if you are looking for improved traction in the wet over the standard i(rubbish) Q tyres you avoid any 205/40/17 that how can buy in the UK for around £50. ( unless they are a goodish and normally slightly more expensive tyre that is on offer heavily discounted.) Wider rubber and a cheap tyre can be a little ropey. JMO. george

I know exactly what you are saying Goerge, cheapest isn't always best. But I was saying it to show tyres start at £50 and go up to £150 plus, with many prices inbetween. For the 175/65/16 you have two brand tyre choices for the 20//40/17 i think there is 28 on Black Circles. So more choice and you can choose how much to spend.

For 2 weeks time i have bought 2 sets of 17" alloys (8 wheels) with tyres from Halfords for just over £400 a set.

These tyres on the wheel package are perfect for using up the 1/4 mile strip when worn in and heated up, which takes no time to do.

(they are actually quite sticky in the dry when hot, and wear pretty quick as well.)

4 Nankang & 4 Firenza tyres which are the ones commonly being sold for around £50

Had them on the road to try, but they would not be my usual choice of tyre for anytime i thought it might be rainy or cold. lol not.

http://crailraceway.co.uk/schedule.php?ID=1

http://crailraceway.co.uk

Revo Technik Day

http://revotechnik.com

Cheaper and simpler than changing tyres on rims throughout season,

and they can be kept or the rims sold on later.

george

Hi everyone!

Thanks for your advices - didn't know about the price for the 16 tyres.

I'll think it over again, thanks for your proposals!

Jon