Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2003 Avensis Verso 2.0 D4-D - Remote Central Locking Fault

kinzey23

hi there I just bought a 2003 Avensis verso 2.0 D4-D, after about a week I went to a store double locked it with the remote key fob and went into the store, by the time I got back to the car, it would not lock/unlock via the key and when I tried to unlock the door with the key, the alarm sounded and wouldn't stop. after a while and some messing about I got it to stop and run fine till I got home and since been using the switch to central lock and then the key to lock the drivers door.

Naturally I assumed it was the Battery and I replaced it and tried the key it wouldn't work.

Then I went on to try things I saw on the Internet like re sync they fob with a combination of opening and closing the door key in ignition and out a few times and pressing the buttons this proved successful, but still didn't allow they key fob to lock/unlock or arm the alarm etc..

So now I know the fob works because the process of syncing work and when push the button on the key it synced.

OK so next option was to take Battery out whilst holding the lock button and wait ten then put it back in.

This still did not work.

I read somewhere about it may be in VALET mode and a switch to take it out of valet mode.

not sure if any of this is relevant.

And because I am not stupid but forgetful Between changing the batteries and checking the internet I did check the fuses, that would be every fuse in the car and under the bonnet.

but the central locking would not of worked if the fuse had gone in relation to the switch and re sync thing.

Please can someone help me, I am really frustrated with this.

kind regards

Leigh 23 male England UK

guessing out of 82 people viewing this post no one can help me. does anyone know how much main dealer would charge for this

• 2 weeks later...

hi i still have this fault has anyone got any ideas on what to try? please

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links