Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corolla 2001 Key Fob Electronics Module

WallaceMacGromit

I'm new to this forum so greetings to all!

I previously posted this on the Corolla discussion forum but this may be the more appropriate one as the issue is probably common to several models.

My question is - has anyone replaced a key fob Battery, or swapped the key electronics module into a new fob Shell case because of a broken key?

The reason I ask is that I have a Corolla Verso 2001 T-Spirit D4D with a broken ignition key and want to remove the electronics module to insert it in a new empty Shell case with new key. My problem is that when I open the old Shell case the module seems tightly fixed inside and will not push or prise out. On the top surface of the module are two small screw heads that look as if they might be holding the module in place.

Does anyone know if I can safely remove these screws without the module exploding into a hundred separate components, and if these are what is holding the module in place?

Many thanks

Is it this key?

If so the innards are not fixed in with screws.

153121_090707174522_Toyota_2_button.jpg

Yes Joylove that is the key, the type with 2 buttons.

The module seems firmly stuck into the Shell and I've tried pushing the buttons fairly hard to budge it, but I am reluctant to push too hard for fear of damaging the contacts etc.

I'll try squeezing the sides of the Shell a bit in the vice to see if that'll loosen things.

Failing that I may need to demolish the casing to get the module out.

Many thanks for your reply.

Best wishes.

Some pics to help you see what you are dealing with.

100_0644.jpg

100_0645.jpg

Maybe it has been glued in place by a previous owner.

DSC02710.jpg