• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts
  • First Name:TAZ
  • Gender*:Male
  • Toyota Model: Scion iQ
  • Year: 2012

Posted 19 April 2012 - 04:40 PM

I know this isn't iQ related but I had to share this. I came outside this morning and found that birds had attacked my 1982 Toyota Pickup. The pickup is normally parked in the garage but I left it out last night rather than bugging my wife to move her Camry. This morning I find that it was attacked by birds. I have no idea how this could have been accomplished. There is crap everywhere on one side of the pickup. The front, hood, roof, camper shell and rear hatch have been covered in crap. My wife's Camry is parked a few feet behind and only got a few drops. There is crap on the driveway around the pickup but nothing on the roof of the house. Strange indeed.

A video and a few pictures...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 craggle

craggle

Top Rank Poster!

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts
  • First Name:Craig
  • Toyota Model: iQ3
  • Year: 2010

Posted 19 April 2012 - 04:54 PM

No overhead cables or trees, That was either one bird circling for hours or a flock of birds taking a synchronised dump together!

Looks very red, do you get planes flying overhead? Sounds a bit gruesome but wondered if it could be fall out from a bird strike?

Strange indeed, Hope your country doesn't have a hose pipe ban so you can wash it off! :unsure:

Craig.

#3 bob809

bob809

Guru Member

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts
  • First Name:Bob
  • Toyota Model: iQ Manual 59 plate
  • Year: 2009

Posted 19 April 2012 - 04:59 PM

I think what you have here Taz is a hate crime. Seriously. See, these birds, although not super bright, have long memories. They remember Pearl Harbour and this is their payback! I S.H.1.T. you not... :lol2: Sorry, could not resist.
What a mess! What you have to do is lie in wait for the aggressors, with your jet wash (if you have one, if not, a normal hose may suffice) and then just when they crap on your car, zap 'em out tha sky! Oh Yeah! Or, get your wife to park her car there and put yours in the garage... simples.

#4 bluenose1

bluenose1

Club Member

• Registered Member
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • First Name:Garry
  • Toyota Model: IQ2

Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:04 PM

Hi, must have been using it for target practice. :lol:

:2guns: They all need shooting, had the same thing happen at the weekend, sunny day washed it, came in the house to get polish,"birdcrap" not one hit,4 hits, washed off, dried, polished, came inside to get keys, 5 hits more, jumped in car and put it undercover in covered parking bay. !Removed! seagulls :ffs:

Garry

#5 tarquin

tarquin

Top Rank Poster!

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,763 posts
  • First Name:david
  • Toyota Model: iq2
Contributor

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:12 PM

guess they were eating berry's

David

#6 laze

laze

Staff Member

• Super Moderator
  • 124 posts
  • First Name:Leon
  • Toyota Model: MR2 GT T-Bar
  • Year: 1994

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:01 PM

Holy crap!

#7 DFish

DFish

Guru Member

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
  • First Name:Dan
  • Toyota Model: iQ2 Manual

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:11 PM

I'm wondering what they was eating to cause that amount of mess.... couldn't have sat well with them.

Fish

#8 Kip

Kip

Club Member

• Registered Member
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • First Name:Kip
  • Toyota Model: Minichamps iQ

Posted 21 April 2012 - 07:25 PM

Don't like birds myself. I now have to park my car some distance away from the house due to some crazy chaffinch that repeatadly tries to break the driver and passenger side windows using its head! Of course, it would never suceed, but it makes a right mess of the door mirrors and glass while it has its all day long tantrum. Yes, it really does sit there and attack the car all day long from sun rise 'til well after sun set. It occasionally eats and whatnot, then carries on. :disgust:

#9 sweet-dentist

sweet-dentist

Guru Member

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • First Name:Peter
  • Toyota Model: Toyota LEXUS / CVT / RED ... "Go 'fun' yourself"
  • Year: 2010

Posted 21 April 2012 - 08:22 PM

We need NCIS and a 3D investigation crew....

So where the tree is ... there is NO droppings???
Also the tires are contaminated?? Weird...
The white reaction on the cement and stone floor, look like a reaction to a car-cleaner-+wax-liquid... that is spilled...

And how in ****sake can it be on the front windsheald??? Little droplets... No bird sits there...

I really wonder if there really were birds? Seems like to many small droplets and just a view bigger ons (relatively)... A bird has a cloaca and squishes out some watery stuff... and not in a big circle.

Could it not be a person and a syringe and some color/paint/stuff... cause it's all on the front and right side... Like someone threw something that popped in the air.. Waterballoon thingie???

#10 surfcitylocal

surfcitylocal

Guru Member

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts
  • First Name:TAZ
  • Toyota Model: Scion iQ

Posted 21 April 2012 - 08:24 PM

I thought about that Peter, it's bird droppings for sure. The directionality of the drops suggests straight down from overhead, no tree branches above the truck though...

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users