Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

When Birds Attack...

surfcitylocal

I know this isn't iQ related but I had to share this. I came outside this morning and found that birds had attacked my 1982 Toyota Pickup. The pickup is normally parked in the garage but I left it out last night rather than bugging my wife to move her Camry. This morning I find that it was attacked by birds. I have no idea how this could have been accomplished. There is crap everywhere on one side of the pickup. The front, hood, roof, camper Shell and rear hatch have been covered in crap. My wife's Camry is parked a few feet behind and only got a few drops. There is crap on the driveway around the pickup but nothing on the roof of the house. Strange indeed.

A video and a few pictures...

DSCN1822.jpg

DSCN1821.jpg

DSCN1812.jpg

DSCN1813.jpg

DSCN1813.jpg

DSCN1814.jpg

DSCN1815.jpg

No overhead cables or trees, That was either one bird circling for hours or a flock of birds taking a synchronised dump together!

Looks very red, do you get planes flying overhead? Sounds a bit gruesome but wondered if it could be fall out from a bird strike?

Strange indeed, Hope your country doesn't have a hose pipe ban so you can wash it off! :unsure:

Craig.

I think what you have here Taz is a hate crime. Seriously. See, these birds, although not super bright, have long memories. They remember Pearl Harbour and this is their payback! I S.H.1.T. you not... :lol2: Sorry, could not resist.

What a mess! What you have to do is lie in wait for the aggressors, with your jet wash (if you have one, if not, a normal hose may suffice) and then just when they crap on your car, zap 'em out tha sky! Oh Yeah! Or, get your wife to park her car there and put yours in the garage... simples.

Hi, must have been using it for target practice. :lol:

:2guns: They all need shooting, had the same thing happen at the weekend, sunny day washed it, came in the house to get polish,"birdcrap" not one hit,4 hits, washed off, dried, polished, came inside to get keys, 5 hits more, jumped in car and put it undercover in covered parking bay. !Removed! seagulls :ffs:

Garry

I'm wondering what they was eating to cause that amount of mess.... couldn't have sat well with them.

Fish

Don't like birds myself. I now have to park my car some distance away from the house due to some crazy chaffinch that repeatadly tries to break the driver and passenger side windows using its head! Of course, it would never suceed, but it makes a right mess of the door mirrors and glass while it has its all day long tantrum. Yes, it really does sit there and attack the car all day long from sun rise 'til well after sun set. It occasionally eats and whatnot, then carries on. :disgust:

We need NCIS and a 3D investigation crew....

So where the tree is ... there is NO droppings???

Also the tires are contaminated?? Weird...

The white reaction on the cement and stone floor, look like a reaction to a car-cleaner-+wax-liquid... that is spilled...

And how in ****sake can it be on the front windsheald??? Little droplets... No bird sits there...

I really wonder if there really were birds? Seems like to many small droplets and just a view bigger ons (relatively)... A bird has a cloaca and squishes out some watery stuff... and not in a big circle.

Could it not be a person and a syringe and some color/paint/stuff... cause it's all on the front and right side... Like someone threw something that popped in the air.. Waterballoon thingie???

I thought about that Peter, it's bird droppings for sure. The directionality of the drops suggests straight down from overhead, no tree branches above the truck though...

Yes... I can agree with that... but what bird gives this color... We are in need of a ortilothol*** ornthilo**** orthilon**** ... F*****... Ornithologist.... Some who can determine the species of this bird and in your region..

Was looking with G**gle about car stains... nothing... sorry...

like i said before the birds have been eating berry's see it all the time round here.

David

Then: What birds my good Sir??? Eating berries and sh*tting in such a way... OMG...

Tell me David...

Still wondering if its not droppings from a sweating tree.... when the car was standing elswhere...????

The outpit from the birds around here is Amethyst. Handy if your cars a Amethyst iQ

David

Then: What birds my good Sir??? Eating berries and sh*tting in such a way... OMG... Tell me David... Still wondering if its not droppings from a sweating tree.... when the car was standing elswhere...????

That wouldn't explain the bird droppings on the ground around the truck. My brother in law has suggested a Pelican. He has been hit by one of them on his sailboat and said it's not a pretty sight.

See Peter why didn't you think Pelican. Not many Pelicans in Holland aye

David

• 3 weeks later...

Ha ha ... no David... none actually...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links