Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How To Price A T180 For Sale?

caveman_si

Simple question really. I am about to sell my T180 estate and have been looking around at other T180s to gauge the price. Now I kow the market will only stand for what ever a seller is willing to pay for, but there seems to be hardly any T180 estate around at the moment to get a comparision against. When i checked auto trader only got 6 for the country and nothing in the local papers or at dealers, ive checked a few sales guides and got everything from 7-12k.

So what what do people here think is an average price for T180 estate in a good condition? 57k on the clock.

And for those that will ask why am I selling it, a change of jobs means I no longer need a car for work/commuting and with other cars in the house its hard to justify keeping it. Even though the car is awesome :(

Advertising and Soliciting

We have very strict rules about advertising on our message-boards.

Paid members may advertise their personal property for sale in the "For Sale" section of the forum. All adverts will be moved to the "For Sale Archive" section after three months (or sooner if the item is sold and the thread has been updated). This also includes posting requesting valuations of their property. For car valuations please seek advice here: http://www.parkers.co.uk

(EXTRACTED AND REPOSTED FROM TOC RULES....FOR INFORMATION)

Advertising and Soliciting

We have very strict rules about advertising on our message-boards.

Paid members may advertise their personal property for sale in the "For Sale" section of the forum. All adverts will be moved to the "For Sale Archive" section after three months (or sooner if the item is sold and the thread has been updated). This also includes posting requesting valuations of their property. For car valuations please seek advice here: http://www.parkers.co.uk

(EXTRACTED AND REPOSTED FROM TOC RULES....FOR INFORMATION)

One more nail in the coffin for me on this forum!

If a member can't ask a simple question like the value of his car on here, what's up with you lot? You have Charliefarlie and others constantly "referring" to selling there vehicles and not a Moderator comment on the subject! Get a life people .... some of us come on here for a chat and sometimes what we write is just like thinking out loud, I'm sure Caveman-si didn't have a ulterior motive .....

Pete.

[One more nail in the coffin for me on this forum!

If a member can't ask a simple question like the value of his car on here, what's up with you lot? You have Charliefarlie and others constantly "referring" to selling there vehicles and not a Moderator comment on the subject! Get a life people .... some of us come on here for a chat and sometimes what we write is just like thinking out loud, I'm sure Caveman-si didn't have a ulterior motive .....

Pete.

Pete Thank you for your support and Red yaris sorry if I inadvertantly broke the forums rules it wasnt my intention. I am fully aware of the Tocs view that only paid members can advertise their wears for sale (I know some have feelings on that but its not my intention to discuss them now) but was unaware of the section on valuation of personal goods. I hoped I had made it clear that I am looking to sell and not actually selling the car yet or trying to advertise it.

I had hoped to garner the opinions of other poeple who are toyota owners/enthusiast who might have bought/ sold recently or even those that are in the trade that would have a better idea of prices. As it happens I did check glass and parkers for a price and a number of other places too which i mentioned which has led to my confusion over prices due to a very large range and hence asking for others opinions on here.

Maybe in hind sight i should have depersonalised the question by neglecting to mention it was mine and was going to sell it, but then i feel would have lacked context which is something I require when answering a question.

regards Simon

Well said the boys on here!...

dont argue with the mods, wont win, u join this club and do as they say, love it or leave it ??

Interesting observations......The rules were REPOSTED for the OP's information......They have been current since 2008 and refer all members to the commercially available publications for car valuations

The task of moderator on TOC is never an easy life, but sometimes the rules must be quoted to avoid doubt

There is concurrently another post on here criticising the Moderating Team for the removal of an unauthorised advertisement for sale..........

The role of moderator in providing guidance to TOC members over the rules sometimes is not what the members wish to hear, but is unavoidable

Please do not shoot the messenger!

I for one did not take it as for sale thread nor a precursor to one.

It seems a logical place to get feed back on current prices.

The OP made no reference to condition, year etc.

That's my two penny worth.

"RULES ARE FOR THE GUIDEANCE OF WISE MEN AND THE BLIND OBIDENCE OF FOOLS."

Interesting observations......The rules were REPOSTED for the OP's information......They have been current since 2008 and refer all members to the commercially available publications for car valuations

The task of moderator on TOC is never an easy life, but sometimes the rules must be quoted to avoid doubt

There is concurrently another post on here criticising the Moderating Team for the removal of an unauthorised advertisement for sale..........

The role of moderator in providing guidance to TOC members over the rules sometimes is not what the members wish to hear, but is unavoidable

Red no worries mate, you are a mod and its thankless task and I would have probably done the same in your postion. I didnt know the full extent of the rules and you high lighted them to me. I dont have a problem with that. Ive had and given worse <the spuds of lurrrrvve>ings and I saw your post as you say above, ie pointing out the rules.

So back on topic before Mistermena trys to tell me bg44 will sort out a price ;) and clean out my egr at the same time.

Red no worries mate, you are a mod and its thankless task and I would have probably done the same in your postion. I didnt know the full extent of the rules and you high lighted them to me. I dont have a problem with that. Ive had and given worse <the spuds of lurrrrvve>ings and I saw your post as you say above, ie pointing out the rules.

So back on topic before Mistermena trys to tell me bg44 will sort out a price ;) and clean out my egr at the same time.

I believe Mistermena has started drinking the stuff now, maybe he's constipated and needs his valves cleaning out! :o :o

Pete.

I believe Mistermena has started drinking the stuff now, maybe he's constipated and needs his valves cleaning out! :o :o

Pete.

Lol... I loves the stuff! :drunk:

More than Brains ale.......

Lol... I normally use the 244 as a mixer with the Brains SA for extra wallop :drunk::eat:

The black smoke only comes out after 10 pints and a vindalooooo :doctor: