Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Vinyl Roof

PaulWorthing

Going to be taking delivery of a Burnt Orange IQ shortly and have been wondering what to do to it to make it stand out a bit more (like IQ's will ever be common) and was thinking about having a vinyl roof added.

My question is, would you go for a black carbon fibre (with matching wing mirrors) or go for a glass black one which appears to extend the windscreen or simply stick to a couple of 'racing' stripes over the whole car?

Maybe if Carbon is you thing, personally i'm not a fan :ermm:

There is loads of different styles, colours and patterns to choose from though. Do you want to go all out BOLD or more subdued?

Checkered roof?

Rising Sun flag?

I suppose your imagination is your limit.

Not sure I want something patterned as it might look as though I m trying to make it a MINI and while I have had one of those, I do want to keep the classy upmarket feel about the car

So flowers and butterflies don't work for you then? :)

Craig.

Are you questioning my masculinity?? LOL

Going to be taking delivery of a Burnt Orange IQ shortly and have been wondering what to do to it to make it stand out a bit more (like IQ's will ever be common) and was thinking about having a vinyl roof added.

My question is, would you go for a black carbon fibre (with matching wing mirrors) or go for a glass black one which appears to extend the windscreen or simply stick to a couple of 'racing' stripes over the whole car?

Please don't. It looks great as it is, especially burnt orange.

but you have stripes on yours . . .

but you have stripes on yours . . .

They were on it when I brought the car as an ex demo. I brought it on the basis of navigation unit, leather seats, 1.33 engine and multidrive, as they were things I wanted most. I think the silver stripes suit the grey colour, but burnt orange is so nice as it is.

See if you went purple to start with you wouldn't want to be messing. :P

Fish

Fish

Oh I would have been asking about whether to add a silver or white roof

Fish

Oh I would have been asking about whether to add a silver or white roof

I prefer the orange to the purple. I suppose you could do silver stripes like mine on the 2.

Carbon wing mirrors and gloss black roof on Red iQ3, sound familiar? :P was gonna do that little bit at the front too below the grill as a bit of a lip but ran out of vinyl.

J

Check mine ouy, I'm going to a carbon fibre roof soon

Thanks for posting Heathie - love the alloys but not sure about the carbon bonnet

Funny you should post about a vinyl roof recently as I went into my dealer today for a couple of prices and as always, had a quick walk around the showroom and cars on the forecourt.

Parked up there was an iQ with a black roof. I took a closer look and it was a vinyl wrap self adhesive film in satin black. It covered the roof, door pillars side pillars and the top of the tailgate above the glass.

It was very well done with neat edges and fitted perfectly but I really don't think it suited the car and if I was in the market to buy it I'd be getting the hairdryer out to warm it up and peel it all off. Sorry if you like it but not for me.

Craig.

post-116364-0-85711100-1335552541_thumb.

post-116364-0-72425500-1335552565_thumb.

post-116364-0-75662700-1335552593_thumb.

It does make the IQ look more like the Smart

I like that, but then again I dropped into my local stealers the other day and they have an all matt black iQ (ex-demo) for sale. There's something about it, but it's a nightmare to maintain and keep looking good.

Fish

I'd love to chrome wrap my iQ, but dont think it's legal anymore! :(

Something like this would be nice...

03-creations-n-chrome-mustang.jpg?w=640&h=425

Sure it's not legal? I saw this gold chome wrapped mini the other week. Looked horrible haha.

J

not definite, maybe it is still legal?? I'd want mine like this, but shinier and without scissor doors :P http://www.google.co...EQ9QEwAQ&dur=61

My word that's like driving around in a disco ball. Didn't think you could get shinier than that!

J

STUNNING . . . .

. . or do I mean I have been STUNNED!!!

So Taz, when are you having it wrapped? ;)

Fish

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links