Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis Fuel Pump - Any Help?

ian9090

Hello,

I don't know whether anyone can provide any useful advice, ... but I've been advised by Toyota Bentley Warrington that my '07 Avensis won't start 'first time' due to a fault developed by the fuel pump (they came to this conclusion, after first replacing the fuel filter - which didn't resolve the problem).

They want to charge me £1,300 for the pump replacement ... [which has left me open mouthed] ... so I was wondering whether anybody had any alternate suggestions as to what I might try first?

- Incidentally, it is possible to start the car first time simply by 'raising the revs' upon ignition, and there's no performance issues whilst driving the car at all (it's just that it normally takes 4 / 5 turns on the ignition for the car to turn over).

Any help would be warmly accepted!

Thanks,

Ian.

I think I would just put my foot on the gas pedal and save £1300,

Someone on the rav forum had a similar problem and it turned out to be the glow plugs.

I think your garage has got it wrong :yes:

By the way I have to give my rav gas to start 1st time too.......

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links