Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Front Strut Bar On Scion Iq

tpnstr

I am wondering if anyone has installed a front strut bar on their IQ. I will be picking up my Scion IQ in two days, and thinking of adding the Tanabe front strut bar offered by Fastscions.com to compliment the TRD lowering springs and rear sway bar for an improved ride and handling. Any comment or advice would be much appreciated. http://www.fastscion...13-TTB163F.aspx

thanks,

Tony

Welcome Tony. The Tanabe USA strut bar should be awesome. They used my iQ for the fitment. =)

Still waiting to get it on, it's in the warehouse, came in a shipment from Japan but they forgot to label the box it was sent in. Imagine looking through an entire container shipment for one item in an unmarked box.

I'll post up pics once it's installed.

Welcome... but would struts "in the rear" not be a big better idea...?

Peter, I think the rear is more suspension being soft than body flex. I did see a rear brace though that went around the hatch opening. Can never find a picture when you want it though.

Also Cusco have a brace for the front.

Fish

Thanks guys for your thoughts. I will check out the Cusco strut bar as well. I am planning to put the TRD rear sway bar and lowering springs on at the same time. Would that save me some labour cost if I install the front strut bar at the same time?

I would like one of those Blitz LM Panel air filters George But everywhere looks sold out

David

I have very slow speed on my netbook so cant look for any, better than you can yourself.

Not checked out for the iQ, and they are not fancy,

but i like 'mann air filters'.

I use them on many different kinds of cars with good results, and they are not expensive.

If you find a dealer near you that stocks them, maybe look at any panel filter they have in stock and if you like, order up an iQ one.

george

EDIT PS

i see they are £14 on Amazon for the iQ

thanks George for the links, those racing seats would be an awesome addition to any IQ enthusiast.

Hey Fish, I can't seem to find any Cusco front struts for the IQ from searching online. But I heard from another IQ forum earlier today that perhaps the stock IQ already has a front strut bar. This is what one forum member heard from their Toyota serviceman. Can someone either confirm or refute that?

There is no strut bar on the stock iQ.

The front strut towers are so close to the window frame cross rail that I seriously doubt any sort of "Strut brace" will have the slightest affect on the stiffness of the car. Still, They are shiny and look cool so they will sell. :)

A rear strut across the inside of the car is also pointless as the rear has a swing arm suspension so you'd only be tying the coil springs together. The brace and anti roll (Sway) bar fitted under the car may well improve handling though.

Just my opinion.

Craig.