Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Iq In Burnt Orange

john270_6

Thought you may like to see my IQ. I have got used to the way it changes gear and quite like the car now .

Also showing the small dab aerial in the windscreen . Needs to be relocated out the way .

John

post-119111-0-41521300-1335633403_thumb.

post-119111-0-15151500-1335633543_thumb.

post-119111-0-07323100-1335633614_thumb.

post-119111-0-12037200-1335633790_thumb.

Picked up mine uesterday - although it is only the standard IQ - but loving it all the same

Very nice :)

Looking gorgeous! I agree though...very strange place to put it lol!

Nice looking car my wifes IQ2 is burnt orange but came with standard radio. Do you have any pics of the DAB unit?. is it much different from the standard unit?.

I can always add DAB through the aux if needed but the full unit is better.

Again strange place to put the aerial

post-112430-0-31955200-1335789126_thumb.

Here is a shot of the gps Got the dab bit for 199+vat its good very clear . If the windscreen needs replacing anytime. The aerial my be a problem.

Johnpost-119111-0-10922700-1335817460_thumb.

I was going to say I like the crome strips on the bottom of your door nice touch I need some! Do you have the scuff plates in side the door too

John

I was going to say I like the crome strips on the bottom of your door nice touch I need some! Do you have the scuff plates in side the door too

John

Hi John

No the scuff plates were not fitted. i have added some clear 3M (helicopter tape) from eBay. i will see how long the tape lasts and maybe add strips later.

The chrome strips and the rear garnish and the alloys and mats were included as the IQ was an ex demonstrator.

for info the side chrome strips are approx £122 and the rear garnish approx £102

try the link below for IQ bits available

http://www.hodgsons-...oyota/IQ,i.html

The GPS unit looks good that was a good price. The only thing i miss when driving the IQ is a central arm rest, i will have to look at the aftermarket parts

Dave

Hello Dave

I bought some scuff plates for 49.99 of eBay not fitted them yet I would like thoses side strips and the real boot garnish but what a price they are tooI am finding it hard to justify buying them, may get them later on.

The IQ is a nice car, do you find yours a little bumpy over bad road surfaces. I steer away from uneven surfaces .

John

I avoid as many bumps as I can too which is hard in Surrey!

It's a small, light weight car so bumps will affect it a lot more than a bigger, heavier car.

My last car was a Range Rover which weighed over 2200Kg and had air suspension. It was pretty smooth over most surfaces but the iQ is half the size and only 900Kg. Different types of vehicles behave differently over bumps.

I love the iQ though, It's so different to the Range Rover and feels a lot nippier and agile which I guess it is really! :)

Craig.

love the pics , john, the burnt orange matches well with the tinted windows, Btw, I also got same colour, but it's called 'Hot Lava' in Canada, LOL.

love the pics , john, the burnt orange matches well with the tinted windows, Btw, I also got same colour, but it's called 'Hot Lava' in Canada, LOL.

Hot Lava sounds so much more funky . . . .

Well John here is my double whammy Blue scuff plates and standard iQ ones both on together,Also thrown in another picture of my special modified footwell lights

David

post-109788-0-14277000-1336071692_thumb.

post-109788-0-66232400-1336071736_thumb.

post-109788-0-60878200-1336071797_thumb.

Hello Dave

Blue plates look good do they come on when the door is opend. I have to fit my standard scuff plates, maybe this weekend. The foot well lights are diffrent I would like them too.

Hot Lava sound better than Burnt Orange I agree. It seems to look a diffrent colours in diffrent lights When its overcast weather it looks Dull Orange in Sunshine many diffrent shades of burnt orange. Anyway I'm delighted with it.

The engine is getting loose and picking up faster and I am getting used to the cvt gearbox with 55mpg mostly its not bad at all I will be going down to Devon in it soon that will be a good test.

John

Hi John

Yes wired them to come on individually per door. Also remember they were orange but i carefully cut away the area holding the LED's and replaced them with blue ones.

The footwell lights are a LED strip which you can cut to length and again are individually wired to each door operation

David

• 2 months later...

That is a lovely colour. The bit sticking out over the rear window sets it off a treat. Was that standard or aftermarket or one of the style packs options?

It's the genuine Toyota, European rear spoiler. I think it's part of the i-sports package when purchased with a new car and includes the lower skirt under the main bumper and the triangular exhaust trim.

You can buy them afterwards through from your dealer and get them to fit it or do it yourself if your confident in drilling holes in the car.

I have the bigger American or "Scion" spoiler on the back of my car which I preferred the looks of more than the smaller European version but whatever you prefer really. I intend to get the lower skirt for my car too, already have the triangular exhaust extension though. :)

Craig.

post-116364-0-22975100-1343595291_thumb.

post-116364-0-43954200-1343595359_thumb.

• 2 weeks later...

We picked up my wife's burnt orange iQ2 yesterday and in the sunshine the colour looked fantastic!

In fact, we stopped at Tebay services on the way home and this old chap in a stunning Aston DB5 pulled over to have a good look around it.

One thing that was on our car (ex-demo) was not only the exhaust trim which looks good, but the chrome fog light surrounds - which really do set the front of the car off nicely!

Had a nice 320 mile drive home and I have to say, compared to the Pug 107 we px'ed, this little Toyota is a good class or two above in terms of drive and comfort. So glad we didn't go for an Aygo now! :-)

the burnt orange really does stand out , i was in heavy traffic on the m6 last friday and i kept overtaking and being overtaken by an orange iq3, you could spot it in the rear view mirror from quite a distance in amongst the traffic.