Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sat Nav Brightness

jayfree

No doubt due to my continued inability to grasp the obvious..........but can any one tell me why my Sat Nav goes dark when I switch on on my lights .

I know how to bring the brightness back to my main display etc , but I'm blowed if I can work out how to get the Sat Nav back to its normal brightness when the lights are on.

I can't see a thing on the Sat Nav when the lights are on, cos it goes all black ..... there again it could that my eyes ar'nt much good at seeing black !

Can anyhone shed light on this for me as well as helping me to get some light on the sat nav screen.

Thanks

You might have a Display button on the SatNav, in that option should be "Day Mode" or something like that. Activating DM keeps the display bright when the headlights are on when, for example, it's raining.

This is based on a RAV4 and Auris HSD SatNavs that I have/had.

If it's like mine you can adjust the display brightness from the Display settings menu, press the display button and then turn the brightness up.

Hi

You have to have the headlights switched on when you select day mode in the display settings.

The sat nav then remembers the setting , and will stay bright when you use the lights.

Thanks chaps ...sorry there has been a delay in acknowledging , I hav'nt been feeling too well butIi appreciate your responses very much.

I will have a bash at doing what you suggest and feel sure one of them will work.

Thanks again . Much appreciated.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links