Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bore Da

Rich T

Hi all - bought a pre-reg RAV4 yesterday - after BAD experiences with used Mazda5 / Ford C-Max.

It's the XT-R AWD 2.2 D-4D manual (2012).

Ideally, with 2 young kids I's like to have side steps put on (to help them get in and out of the car easier PLUS it's easy on the eye too).

The Dealership quoted me £361.85 plus £70/hr labour. Seems a bit steep? One of the guys there said I'd be better buying online and either fit myself or use a local mechanic.

I've gone on t'internet and found a site www.direct4x4.co.uk which sells a few types. Could someone please advise me as to where is a good place to buy a side step suitable for my car and the type of side step I should get. Apologies if there are posts about this - as I've just joined the forum and Im not too familiar with how to find stuff!

Thanks in advance for your help/advice etc.

Rich

p.s. I cant seem to change my settings (add a photo) - is this because Im a newbie and admin need to check me out? It comes up with the following statement [#1026] You are not permitted to modify all or some of your profile information.

Hi Richard and welcome to the TOC. If you post your questions on the RAV4 forum someone will advise you.

Hello and welcome in Richard :)

Welcome Rtchard :D

Hi Richard.

These pop up quite often on eBay, under Motors- spares and acessaries, then type in RAV 4.

There are stout pieces of angle iron which is bolted first to the car and the steps bolt on to them,make sure they are with the steps.

Mine is a Mk2 so there may have a different mount on yours.

As mentioned above,come on over to the Rav section as most questions are answered on there by people in the know.

Del

Welcome most to TOC, Well Congrats to you dude, What can you say about RAV4?

Hello and welcome in Richard :)

thanks all for the welcome and advise to go on the RAV4 section.

Luckily for me my brother-in-law found an eBay site just down the road from me in Newport, South Wales.

£190, picked it up and by 3pm had it fitted on the car

Will go onto RAV4 section from now on........... nice1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links