Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Roy Hodgson Named As England Boss

balli hi

The FA today appointed Roy Hodgson as their new coach to lead England, handing him a 4 year contract.

Hodgsons first game in charge will be against Norway on May 26.

I must say, i can't help feeling somewhat underwhelmed by this appointment. :mellow:

Agreed, but he is cheap...

I think you have hit the nail on the head there Raist, the FA would have had to pay Spurs a klondike in compo if they had appointed the twitch, so they have gone for the cheaper option.

Be interesting to see how Hodgson sets his team up against Norway, if he sticks to the same principals as he does at club level, then i doubt whether we will be seeing an expansive game as we would have done under Redknap, Hodgsons philosophy is all about shape, and being hard to beat, but as they say we will have to wait and see, we've got him now so that's that, the fans, players and press will have to get behind him and give him a chance at least, who knows he may just surprise us all :lol:

I certainly wasnt shocked by the appointment but it did seem to happen all of a sudden

I think he will do a good job, lets face it, the previous encumbants were not exactly riveting people :lol:

Kingo :thumbsup:

And we will be able to understand what he's saying, fans and players alike........:D

I never could fathom out what Capello was saying:

So good in that department :yes:

Edit: just seen what the sun wrote........ Not again! :help:

And we will be able to understand what he's saying, fans and players alike........ :D

I never could fathom out what Capello was saying:

So good in that department :yes:

Edit: just seen what the sun wrote........ Not again! :help:

That was always going to happen Jed, everyone was expecting and wanted the twitch, who better ?, so it was a bit of a surprise when Hodgson was appointed, the thing with Hodgson is when you look at him, his reactions during games his persona and yes his speech, does he inspire you ?, i think the majority answer would be NO, however football is a results business and if Hodgson can get off to a winning start then the knives may be put away for now, but i suspect not altogether, its the manner in which the team perform and achieve their victories that will ultimately define whether Hodgson is fully accepted or not, but should he get off to an indifferent start results wise, i suspect the knives will be fully sharpened and the pressure will build with elements in the press calling for Hodgson's head by the end of the Euro's .

Looks like Roy's out for a bit of point scoring and what better way than to get everyone on side, at least for now, than to drop John Terry from your squad for the Euro's in favour of Rio Ferdinand, Roy has dropped hints today that that is exactly what he will do, its one thing trying to make yourself popular but if your serious about picking your strongest possible line up, is dropping Terry the right thing to do, none of us may like JT the person, but JT the footballer is a different proposition, don't know of anyone else that will put his body on the line the way that he does for the cause, but what better time for Roy to effectively end Terry's international career than now, especially after the race row allegations involving Rio's brother Anton, and more recently after his stupid sending off against Barcelona, a lot of people have jumped on the bandwagon and stated that JT is a liability on the pitch after that, but how many times has he let England down ON THE PITCH, and lets not forget that Rio is not all sweetness and light either, i seem to recall him serving a six month ban for failing to provide a sample a few years ago, his excuse for missing the drugs test was a lame one and he was rightly banned and effectively labeled a drugs cheat.

Lets hope for your sake Roy that if you do discard Terry that Rio and whoever replaces him can step up to the plate cos the next head on the block will be yours .

I know what you mean by his commitment Bali but never a captain of the squad for me, especially after the abuse row and his pathetic sending off. The England Captain job is more than just the play on the field.

As for Roy, he has taken the England job, the knives come with that job I'm afraid. I don't agree with it, but the press have nobody to blame but themselves, look how they have reported him in the first days of the job, taking the p*ss over his speech, very moral, NOT

It is a results business, the manager takes the stick for it but lets face it, players need to put in true England performances, sadly the grit and determination when playing for your club never seen to go hand in hand when playing for your country. Time will tell

I'm not calling for him to be picked as captain, the captaincy has already been stripped from JT by the FA, but at the same time they have given him the green light to be picked for England if the manager so wishes and that is all i am asking, that the manager picks him to play, or at the very least names him in the squad, i'd love to see Rio put his differences aside and play alongside JT at the heart of our defence for England at the Euro's, but appreciate Rio's reasons for not wanting to.

• 2 weeks later...

Seems you can't always believe what you read in the press :lol: and its Rio who misses out and not John Terry, as said i wish they could both go and play together, but after talking to both players and asking them if they would play together John, i would lay odds on, said yes, and Rio said no, so at the end of the day Woy :lol: picked JT and jettisoned Rio :rolleyes: .

What would really be the icing on the cake, after seeing me Chels crowned kings of Europe at club level, would be to see England crowned kings of Europe at International level, now wouldn't that just be amazing.

Come on England :yahoo:England.gif

MichelleMarshenglandflags.jpg

The two of them in the same dressing room, JT & Rio? It's a recipe for disaster, probably a good decision to drop Rio, lets face it, he has been injred for so long anyway

Did you hear that bit during the game on Saturday? Robben had a punch up in the dressing room in an earlier round over who took a free kick, imagine what would happen if JT looked at Rio? :blowup: :D: