Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Uk Meets?

Zeebedy

Hey guys and gals,

I just had my iQ delivered from the dealership last night and I'm loving it!

Just wanted to know if there are any meets at all through UK, I'm just outside Edinburgh myself but would love to meet and have a drive and bite to eat with some fellow enthusiasts (sp).

Zeebedy

Nice to see your enjoying your new car. There hasnt been any organized meets. I think mainly because every one is spread out. There are a few members in scotland. There are a few in north England and a few down south. We have Peter on here ( sweet Dentist) who is in Holland and aroumd the 15 th of April each year he goes to a iQ fest in Holland which i missed this year as i was on holiday. We have people from Greece and France and Denmark and Taz from California. It may be possible to get people to meet say half way but depends how they view their ownership. Some are happy to be on here for a chat. Some drop in when they have a problem. Some leave when they change their car. Some are happy to modify their car and some want to keep it standard for warranty reasons. So its a mish mash. Some have free time for meets and others wont want to travel. I personally would meet up. So if you get to organize an event count me in

David

I wounder if it would be possible to have a Sticky sub forum at the top of the page for meets? inside that thier could be sub-sub forums i.e.

*Scottish meets

*North West meets

*North East meets

*South West meets

*South East meets

*Welsh meets

National meets

International meets

* or just North, South, West & East ?

If, we had some localised meets going they could lead on to National meets and so on.

I wonder if it would be possible to have a Sticky sub forum at the top of the page for meets? inside that thier could be sub-sub forums i.e.

*Scottish meets

*North West meets

*North East meets

*South West meets

*South East meets

*Welsh meets

National meets

International meets

* or just North, South, West & East ?

If, we had some localised meets going they could lead on to National meets and so on.

To be fair I've always wondered why this sub forum doesn't have sections. Like general, cosmetic mods, engine mods, meets, etc

Jordan

Really does need it's own mod who can do magical stuff like make sticky threads. ;)

Here's my vote for Tarquin. :)

Fish

We need it to be like smartmaniacs site , i was a member of that for ages when i had my smart car with regular meets and drive outs :driving:

Yeah Tarquin seems to know what he is talking about - I vote for him too!

Well I don't vote for me Because 1, I know nothing about cars only ooooooodles about electronics and 2, I know nothing about cars

David

Hello, i'm up for it if it gets off the ground :thumbsup::beer:

Garry

Yes Tarquin's the man. As long as he sorts the TNS350 for me. 👍

Really does need it's own mod who can do magical stuff like make sticky threads. ;)

Here's my vote for Tarquin. :)

Fish

Yeah Tarquin seems to know what he is talking about - I vote for him too!

Well I don't vote for me Because 1, I know nothing about cars only ooooooodles about electronics and 2, I know nothing about cars

David

To be a Moderator on a forum, you don't actually need to know technical content of what the forum is about. As a Mod, your job is to make sure everyone behaves. You delete spam and abusive posts, move threads that have been started in the wrong area etc. You are not vetting the technical content of the posts made. I an speaking from experience. I was a (still am officially) a moderator on "Twist & Go" scooter magazine forum as well a another scootering forum.

Lots of abusive posts on here people keep comparing iQ"s with smart cars. Lol

David

Lots of abusive posts on here people keep comparing iQ"s with smart cars. Lol

David

What's not to compare? They're both tiny economical city cars. Just the iQ is cooler and waayy better. By this much *stretches arms out* :D

Jordan

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I set up the following website - www.screamingjaps.com to try and get IQ owners together.

Please feel free to visit it, make your self a member, add photos and videos of your cars.

If we get enough IQ owners together then hopefully we can get some meets arranged.

Many thanks

http://www.screamingjaps.com/

Nice site Gary. I'll certainly sign up. If your needing more photos I'll be more than happy to send you a few of my IQ

:)

Hi all,

Thank you for signing up to my site.

Yes please do send me any pictures of your cars and upload videos straight to my site.

Any comments welcome as the site is very new and I would appreciate any help and advice on what to add to make it bigger and better for all IQ owners.

Please send pictures to h1ashford@yahoo.com and I will add them to the site.

Many thanks once again.

Heathie, nice site,

I will sign in because I have a lot of nice pictures of the IQ.

All Dutch pictures but I think you will like them.

But it will be on the end of the week due to travel this week.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links